21 coaches online • Server time: 05:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you play, non-BG Gen access Stunty ?
Yes - I do not think Big Guys shouls have it anyway
34%
 34%  [ 32 ]
Yes - I would play it as well as the current stunty league
10%
 10%  [ 10 ]
No - It would water down stunty too much
15%
 15%  [ 14 ]
No - Stunty league is all about Big Guys slaughtering all
19%
 19%  [ 18 ]
Who the hell brought this back up again? - Go away
20%
 20%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 93

DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2005 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Captain1821 wrote:
So far, the poll says that most people want G access to Big Guys and that's great! Smile

Actualy, the poll says most don't want gen access on BG's ...

... in fact, the poll is so clse, there almost seems to be a split directly down the middle with 2 equal but different views.

Would it perhaps not be possible to have Stunty as is, and Stunty LRB division, and see which one gets played?

I know an extra division is hard to set up maybe, but at the moment more then half seem to want access to a non Gen skill on BG's Stunty league.
peikko

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2005 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
Would it perhaps not be possible to have Stunty as is, and Stunty LRB division, and see which one gets played

Stunty LRB would have just halflings and goblins. And halflings version with tree access only.
If you want LRB stunty, you can form a group in unranked, goblins and halflings in unranked are LRB versions.
pbateman

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2005 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Gen access in stunty should be removed because the game descends into a battle of the big guys. Ironic that a league set up to celebrate the small and crap should be dominated by the opposite. Besides, almost every block from a big guy is three dice anyway. Do we really have to stack things more in their favour? In terms of background and in terms of fun I would like to see big guys return to what they should be: unreliable brainless monsters with huge killing potential if they could just figure out what day of the week it is. The current big guys in stunty are FAR TOO GOOD. They can expect to get a cas on every block due to the extreemly low av meaning that every time they block it's at least +2 to injury. Your average big guy has block and tackle after a few games. This is inconsistant with both background and game mechanics. They're NOT supposed to be skillfull players. I for one am willing to back my opinions up by firing my old gen access big guys when this long awaited change happens.
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2005 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
Captain1821 wrote:
So far, the poll says that most people want G access to Big Guys and that's great! Smile

... in fact, the poll is so clse, there almost seems to be a split directly down the middle with 2 equal but different views.

Would it perhaps not be possible to have Stunty as is, and Stunty LRB division, and see which one gets played?

I know an extra division is hard to set up maybe, but at the moment more then half seem to want access to a non Gen skill on BG's Stunty league.

So far:

People that don't want G access
Yes - I do not think Big Guys shouls have it anyway = 28

People that like G access
No - It would water down stunty too much 13 +
No - Stunty league is all about Big Guys slaughtering all 15 +
Who the hell brought this back up again? - Go away 15 = 43

People that don't care
Yes - I would play it as well as the current stunty league = 9

Because 43>28 most people so far want G access on Big Guys.

The guy that made the poll had the idea to split those that like the G access in 3 categories. That's all.
pbateman

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2005 - 11:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont see option 5 as being a no vote so it's 28vs28 currently. Plus I dont really see anyone defending the ludicrous decision to let big guys easily become killing machines with articulate argument. Come on on you people who think stunty should be dominated by one player-type instead of being balanced, state why you think this!
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2005 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Captain1821 wrote:
DukeTyrion wrote:
Captain1821 wrote:

So far:

People that don't care

The guy that made the poll had the idea to split those that like the G access in 3 categories. That's all.

I think you are tring to ignore the options that dont fit your argument.

Yes = 28+9=37
No = 13+15=28

or Full Yes = 28, Full No = 15, with 9+13 in the middle ground, as in they would not dispute non-Gen acces on BG's.

It is possible that many of the Who brought this up answers would be no, but I think you will find most just realy dont care about the debate.

Any way up you look at it, it is clear the split on this is somewhere down the middle, and in no way does it suggest Gen access on BG's is wanted by the majority.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2005 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:
DukeTyrion wrote:
Would it perhaps not be possible to have Stunty as is, and Stunty LRB division, and see which one gets played

Stunty LRB would have just halflings and goblins. And halflings version with tree access only.
If you want LRB stunty, you can form a group in unranked, goblins and halflings in unranked are LRB versions.

I meant, a full stunty roster, but following the LRB rules on BG's, sorry if I did not make that clear enough.
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2005 - 12:29 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
Captain1821 wrote:
DukeTyrion wrote:
Captain1821 wrote:

So far:

People that don't care

I think you are tring to ignore the options that dont fit your argument.

Yes = 28+9=37
No = 13+15=28

or Full Yes = 28, Full No = 15, with 9+13 in the middle ground, as in they would not dispute non-Gen acces on BG's.

It is possible that many of the Who brought this up answers would be no, but I think you will find most just realy dont care about the debate.

Any way up you look at it, it is clear the split on this is somewhere down the middle, and in no way does it suggest Gen access on BG's is wanted by the majority.

I think you are trying to confuse everyone because you are afraid of the truth. Your poll sould be more honest. Even you are interpret your poll with 2 ways.
A honest poll should have 3 options only.
PirateRob

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2005 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Who the hell brought this back up again? - Go away

Was definatly a no vote from me and I imgaine it was with many other people as well.
Rasfahan

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2005 - 12:37 Reply with quote Back to top

See? I read it as "I don't care about this discussion". This poll is so badly phrased, its results should not be taken as a basis for discussion, much less as a basis for changes.

DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2005 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Captain1821 wrote:

I think you are trying to confuse everyone because you are afraid of the truth. Your poll sould be more honest. Even you are interpret your poll with 2 ways.
A honest poll should have 3 options only.

I am not trying to confuse anyone, I tried to make a fair an open poll and give everyone the chance to state their views.

The only conclussion I have drawn from the above is that the debate is wide open as has not clearly stated one view.

Perhaps 3 options would also be to confusing for some, I will make a 2 vote thread, that should avoid any confusion as to the clear split in views on this one.
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2005 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

That's great Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2005 - 12:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, for ones who are interested about changes in general access there is lots of previous threads there this has been discussed and guidelines for future about this are told.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2005 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:
Well, for ones who are interested about changes in general access there is lots of previous threads there this has been discussed and guidelines for future about this are told.

From what I read about prior threads, it suggested a test was being done, and as stated in my opening post, I would be interested in knowing the results and views of that testing from a few of the participants.

If however, you are suggesting that no changes will be made regardless of views, please just say so.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2005 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Interpreting polls: valid tactic or cheesy exploit?