26 coaches online • Server time: 03:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
peikko

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

count_zero wrote:
How about running it like tabletop? Set up some organizers who can referee skill rolls and do it w/ the bowlbot in chat?

This could be done with help of admin.
Nordmark

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Why not just create [U]nranked stunty teams and only play other [U]nranked stunty teams. BG´s don´t have Gen acess in Unranked rigt?

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Nordmark wrote:
Why not just create [U]nranked stunty teams and only play other [U]nranked stunty teams. BG´s don´t have Gen acess in Unranked rigt?

Teams created in Stunty and moved to [U] Still keep Gen access.

The league is the same as Stunty except teams will not take General skills, regardless of roll.

People have the choice to join or otherwise, so it should not really cause any issues anywhere as is.
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

While I appreciate your efforts... I personally don't think this addresses the playtesting that is required.

That said... since I'm not willing to do it myself... kudos to you for doing it

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
Teams created in Stunty and moved to [U] Still keep Gen access.

The league is the same as Stunty except teams will not take General skills, regardless of roll.

People have the choice to join or otherwise, so it should not really cause any issues anywhere as is.

That´s not really what i meant. I didn´t mention moving them to [U]. I meant creating stunty teams directly in [U]. The group is still good for it´s purpose. But having the teams in unranked where BG´s don´t have gen acess from the start seem to be a lot better imho.
Just because it´s in unranked doesn´t mean you have to challenge nonstunty teams but just the little ones.

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2005 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I intend to play against other teams throughout stunty that have no General Skills on Big Guys.

It may be that a few of the Stunty Teams I play are not in the group, because in the future they intend to take those skills.
pbateman

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2005 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I assume there is a problem with simply setting up a stunty league with different rules. And that one can't simply edit the teams specifically in that league to not have gen access on their BG's. We could call it the True Stunty League(TSL). Sadly I don't know what the problem is but their must be one. Enlighten me please if you know.
peikko

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2005 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

pbateman wrote:
Sadly I don't know what the problem is but their must be one. Enlighten me please if you know.

Want league where is only elfs too? How about league where you can not foul or league where you can only play on saturdays?
pbateman

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2005 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Want league where is only elfs too? How about league where you can not foul or league where you can only play on saturdays?

Articulate the problem with that please.
If people want it why is it bad? There is in fact a group who want to play in a non-fouling league as there is a group who want to play in a non-BG acc. league.
Are we forcing other coaches at gunpoint to play in these leagues? no
Am I the first person to raise this point? no
Do I understand why opposition is so strong from people who these leagues will not even affect? no
Will letting people pick and choose the leagues they play in increase people's enjoyment of FUMBBL? YES!
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2005 - 12:37 Reply with quote Back to top

pbateman wrote:
Quote:

Articulate the problem with that please.
If people want it why is it bad? There is in fact a group who want to play in a non-fouling league as there is a group who want to play in a non-BG acc. league.
Are we forcing other coaches at gunpoint to play in these leagues? no
Am I the first person to raise this point? no
Do I understand why opposition is so strong from people who these leagues will not even affect? no
Will letting people pick and choose the leagues they play in increase people's enjoyment of FUMBBL? YES!

Some coaches feel that too many leagues can dilute the overall feel of the league to much. Some would agrue that Ladder, Faction, DX and to a degree even Stunty take something from Ranked, especialy as Unranked has been set-up for coaches to run their own leagues.

That said, I would be all for a seperate league for non-BG Gen access, but in order to find a middle ground, have set up this Group, within the stunty league.

If you crate a team and join it, you would have the choice to play non-Gen BG games against other similar teams in stunty and throughout the group, whilst at the same time we would be able to see how these teams develop.

Maybe not ideal, but it's a good option and a way forward.
pbateman

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2005 - 12:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok fair enough for now. I just feel like it wouldn't take too much to make it work, if anybody actually wanted to help that is. And I hope that when this group proves to be popular we can open this discusion again.
peikko

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2005 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Fumbbl has Unranked for for special needs that are not met in more official leagues.
Lazerus101

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2005 - 12:55 Reply with quote Back to top

You realise taking away General access will severely cripple some stunty teams and insanely overpower others?
*begins to fear the Skyre and Gnome teams*
Nordmark

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2005 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
I intend to play against other teams throughout stunty that have no General Skills on Big Guys.

It may be that a few of the Stunty Teams I play are not in the group, because in the future they intend to take those skills.

Yes but in [U]nranked no one has general skills on their BG´s. Except perhaps on doubles. But I see your point as well. Only a suggestion. That´s all.

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2005 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

surely after they have all the strength skills they will be allowed to pick block/tackle?
 Jump to: