47 coaches online • Server time: 14:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Patrician

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2005 - 02:56 Reply with quote Back to top

heh...no, my invention Smile...

Thanks for the thoughts. I had wondered about Strigs, and how they would go vs other new teams. Good to know there are some of a similar style.

I've got a team editor, so will get a starting team up, and try from there.

Patrician

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2005 - 03:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the look of the team alot, but am fearful of opening the ag4 stunty door as youve mentioned, would need to be done very carefully Smile

"Hugh Mann eh? Now theres a name I can trust!"
Me Loves Futurama
Thomas1031

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2005 - 05:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm trying to understand the position of having all the players relatively slow??? Without the use of a Big Guy to throw them down the field for a one turn TD, wouldn't it be necessary to have a little speed on the team? Oh, and also I noticed that the Witch is young at there skills, what about maybe adding Physical to their skill selection ass well, as a bad potion might make them hiddeous to look at or maybe start another nubby head growing above the shoulders and such?
shaman42

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2005 - 08:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Drowlings ?

Lemme guess they will have star player with two scimitars and whos name starts with D.
Mixing D&D & WH fluffs makes baby Nuffle cry.
AlanHasek

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2005 - 08:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Why would an AG4 stunty have to be taken carefully, don't snotling heroes have stunty, dodge, ag3 and multiple or two heads? meaning they always dodge on an unmodified 2 anyways with a re-roll.

Alan
Malthor

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2005 - 09:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I have three comments.

Woodling slaves do not fit the bill. Why would Dark Elves let Wood Elves play even slave ball where they can get some glory? If you are going to have any slaves at all, they would be typical human type slaves, weakend by lack of food and torture hence Str2 and AV6 instead of a typcial 6337 Thrall. The Thrall idea by Synn is very clever too, the slaves are motivated to play because if they don't do well, a Witchling or someone slits their throat on the pitch!

As for big guys, you could steal the D&D Drow idea and have Driders, Giant Spiders, or Giant Spider riders. A Giant Spider might be 6438 Wild Animal, No Hands, RSC for example. I am sure you can come up with something.

Lastly, nearly all Stunty teams have means of a 2 turn TD by either TTM or 6-7 MA. The fast score is part of Stunty. So if you are not going to have TTM, I do think you need a couple of faster players (not necessarily with AG4) to make them at least have a chance of a 2 turn score without 4 GFI. If you lose the Woodlings, you have no MA6 players. Maybe you can have Blitzlings or Witchlngs with MA6...

still disliked all round!
Pat

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2005 - 09:23 Reply with quote Back to top

a Drow's Page is available in my site, with driders
But another position is possible with the Chitine (~DrowMutant...)
Perhaps Chitines take the place of Slaves???
Pat the Dark

Malthor

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2005 - 09:23 Reply with quote Back to top

One more thing...

The fluff for your team is that these are young Dark Elves, and therefore sooner or later they become adult Dark Elf players. If you follow that fluff, then the Drowling Veterans should not get DP. A Drowling Veteran in my mind is a juvenile who is almost ready to become an adult player (ie a Lineman, Blitzer, Thrower, or Witch Elf) and therefore should not start with skills that the adult players do not have.

Give the veteran some of the adult stats or skills instead of DP I say... have two witches with poisoned daggers to counteract the loss of the starting DP skill. You could give have 0-2 Blitzlings with 6247 Block Wink They are maturing and have the higher MA (remember adult Blitzer has MA7) and experience in blocking, but are still juveniles and thus Str2.

still disliked all round!
tassel

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2005 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Btw Blitzling is not a bad idea!

But my vote goes for the av6, sure you can give me a lot of examples of teams that have that same av in stunty (and of one even higher, yuck) but I love playing the av6 teams most of all. How about av7 on all positionals but the good ol' av6 on the linolings? Pretty please?

Heh and Alan, don't you think it's fair for snots to have at least one thing they're good at, when you take into account that they have av5, st1 and ma4? Wink
Webbe

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2005 - 10:21 Reply with quote Back to top

shaman42 wrote:
Drowlings ?

Lemme guess they will have star player with two scimitars and whos name starts with D.

How about Druchlings then? or even Druchliings.
Malthor

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2005 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

AlanHasek wrote:
Why would an AG4 stunty have to be taken carefully, don't snotling heroes have stunty, dodge, ag3 and multiple or two heads? meaning they always dodge on an unmodified 2 anyways with a re-roll.

Alan

AG3 with Two Heads means 2+ Dodge

AG4 means 2+ dodge, 2+ pick up, 3+ throw (with Stunty), 2+ catch, 3+ leap, 2+ land on TTM.

A world of difference.
Webbe

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2005 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Malthor wrote:
AlanHasek wrote:

Alan

AG3 with Two Heads means 2+ Dodge

AG4 means 2+ dodge, 2+ pick up, 3+ throw (with Stunty), 2+ catch, 3+ leap, 2+ land on TTM.

A world of difference.

and most importantly, start chainsaw on 3+
JackDaniels

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2005 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

i just want to add one thing. don´t you think you should remove stunty from the witches? because an ag4, stunty, poision dagger player looks like a pretty nasty blitzer for stunty leeg for me.
Patrician

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2005 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Well...at least we're seeing some hot debate now Smile.

I'm at work, but I will have a read through later and reply, thanks for the comments.

Patrician.

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 01:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey All,

Ok, getting back to this took longer than I thought. I'll try and address everyone's comments. This post could get a bit long... Cool

Furious_George wrote:

I like the look of the team alot, but am fearful of opening the ag4 stunty door as youve mentioned, would need to be done very carefully Smile

Yeah, as soon as I suggested AG4 Stunty, they said that. I'm trying to balance them, and the playtesting should iron out if they'll be balanced or uber powerful.

Thomas1031 wrote:

I'm trying to understand the position of having all the players relatively slow???

Namely to offset the AG4. If these guys were any more than MA6 with AG4, they'd be unstoppable. Having 1 MA6 (Slaves) player type was as fast as I was willing to go.

EDITED QUOTE

Thomas1031 wrote:

What about maybe adding Physical to their skill selection as well?

Not sure about that. With access to G, they'll already be pretty tough. Add in Claw, Very Long Legs or Horns? OUCH...I'll keep that one in reserve, if I need to beef them up.

shaman42 wrote:

To be honest, I was just trying to think of a name for young Dark Elves. Didn't think of the D&D angle.

shaman42 wrote:

Woodling slaves do not fit the bill. Why would Dark Elves let Wood Elves play even slave ball where they can get some glory?

Well, the way I thought of it, it's kind of like sending slaves to battle it out Gladiator style. The Delves get glory via proxy Rolling Eyes . Also, the Delves probably put the slaves into the most dangerous situations to save their own skin. So far, I think people are 60-40% just in favour of the slaves. And I really like the Bone Head on them - "Hey, YOU go and dodge past the Nurgle Beast!"

shaman42 wrote:

As for big guys, you could steal the D&D Drow idea and have Driders, Giant Spiders, or Giant Spider riders. A Giant Spider might be 6438 Wild Animal, No Hands, RSC for example. I am sure you can come up with something.

I really wasn't thinking of stuff like this. Really, to balance the AG4, I'd love to avoid Big Guys altogether if possible. If you have the witch elves, a fouler and a poisoner and dodge like hell, you shouldn't need them.

shaman42 wrote:

Lastly, nearly all Stunty teams have means of a 2 turn TD by either TTM or 6-7 MA.

Yeah, well, again it's a balance thing. With four AG4 MA6 players I think they'd be ok. Without the slaves, well I'd have to tinker. Anyway, having a team that is agile and slow qualifies for EvolveToAnarchism's Unique criteria for new Stunty teams Laughing

Pat wrote:

Perhaps Chitines take the place of Slaves???

I'll have to have a look. But the whole Spider thing isn't the stytle I had in mind.

Malthor wrote:

The fluff for your team is that these are young Dark Elves, and therefore sooner or later they become adult Dark Elf players. If you follow that fluff, then the Drowling Veterans should not get DP.

Yeah, you have a point. I guess I was thinking that by the time the Drowlings grow up, they've unlearned a lot of their nastier tactics, in favour of throwing, scoring etc. The whole dark elf children thing may need to be revisited...perhaps these are Dark Elves who live underground, and thus are short (they keep hitting their heads) and weak (lack of sunlight)...I dunno...obviously the fluff needs work...

Malthor wrote:

Give the veteran some of the adult stats or skills instead of DP I say... have two witches with poisoned daggers to counteract the loss of the starting DP skill. You could give have 0-2 Blitzlings with 6247 Block

Yeah, that has potential. If the Blitzlings didn't end up too powerful, that might actually work. My only concern is that the poisoned dagger was added because it was fluffy, not because it's effective. I haven't actually heard/seen a lot of support for it. But thanks, that's a nice idea.

tassel wrote:

But my vote goes for the av6, sure you can give me a lot of examples of teams that have that same av in stunty (and of one even higher, yuck) but I love playing the av6 teams most of all.

And i bet you like playing av6 stunty with two chainsaws and RSC too? Twisted Evil Nah, the AV6 was mainly to offsett these guys not having Dodge. I haven't officially playtested vs a real opponent yet, but i have been mucking around with the list. So far, they're getting pummelled, and about 1/2 the cas are by the other Stunty's, as they have a 1/3 chance of a hit. Dunno if AV7 will statistically help them much, but it's better than nothing. Cool

Malthor wrote:

Uhuh...hence the low MA. Gotta balance AG4. I'm not even going to comment on Start Chainsaw on 3+...that'd be evil!

JackDaniels wrote:

i just want to add one thing. don´t you think you should remove stunty from the witches? because an ag4, stunty, poision dagger player looks like a pretty nasty blitzer for stunty leeg for me.

Quite possibly. My current playtesting hasn't involved them. But I will test to see if they're too strong. From memory, CH Carvers aren't stunty.

PHEW..that took a while. Thanks for the comments guys, I'm loving it. If you have any other comments, feel free to post.

Cheers,

Patrician
 Jump to: