22 coaches online • Server time: 04:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SillySod

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2008 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion, I think that G_Force got pretty pissed off with a few of his own stable mates before the end.

I'm up for some more stable action since sitting the last round out turned the last round into something of a disaster. Obviously the disaster had nothing to do with my abysmal category selections Cool (the teampicks were solid... category selections not so solid).

I'm pretty much a newcomer to the stable scene so I'm sorry if this seems like I'm stiring the pot a little with no real experience.... so far I've really enjoyed stables and would be very happy to continue to participate in it the way it has always been run. However, I do have some suggestions/observations...

- there are relatively few active stables out there, I'm not sure if this is a problem as such but it might be nice to have a few more around.

- problems with actual cheating or perverse cheesiness are always going to be an issue, really this is something for the ref to deal with, so far so good as far as I can see..... its a big barrier to overcome and in individual matchups ref decisions have made alot of sense (while I've been here).

- the actual matchmaking system has some flaws in it, notably some players are able to create "perfect" teams which isnt such a desirable thing.

Now to what I'm proposing (I've meandered enough). Is it possible to use some kind of blackbox system to draw the matches rather than use the brackets system? If a "fair" system could be devised would other people want the change or shun it? I've not thought too much in depth about the mechanics of such a system but the echo sounded like one of my better ideas.

More on this later, just gauging initial reactions Smile

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Russo

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2008 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Well SCUM are active still, we are told that Blighty is and we hope that FCUK are as they were the good ol' whipping boys ( every competition needs an Andora or a Luxemburg in there Laughing )

To be honest whilst I am happy to continue, I think that there is gonna be only three stables left and all of the UK based......looks like us Brits have all the staying power Wink

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz
================================
[22:59] <princevaliant> NBL has gotten to be such a dirty channel
[22:59] <princevaliant> ty Russo Very Happy

BiggieB is my idol
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2008 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

It's pretty much dead, chaps. We never even finished our fixture with Blighty 2 rounds back, and last round consisted of 2 stables.

Time to let it go, I think.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2008 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

That would be sad Sad

Maybe now isnt the time but at somepoint it should be revived.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Russo

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2008 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
That would be sad Sad

Maybe now isnt the time but at somepoint it should be revived.

Maye be could revive it by each Stable contributing to a Necromatic ceramony.

SCUM would be happy to donate SillySod as the sacrificial virgin (lambs are too precious)

Blighty could be the deranged wielders of the sickle blade holding SillySod down and proclaiming the spell's horrific words.

FCUK can be the naked cavorters brought in to rejoice in the demonic rite (cavorters must be ugly, perverted and lacking individual brains)

The roles were detemined by using the Stable's underlying traits......

SCUM = Generosity (hence letting you all win)
Blighty = Evil wickedness (PeteW is a memeber isnt he!!)
FCUK = Ugly, perverted dudes with no individual brains

Very Happy

Hopefully this spectacle would be sufficient to attract back all the other Stables that fell by the way side as the Brits romped through them first time round!

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz

BiggieB is my idol

Last edited by Russo on %b %18, %2008 - %16:%Mar; edited 2 times in total
SillySod

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2008 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Laughing

I hope to Nuffle that FU arent active.

Russo

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2008 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
Laughing

I hope to Nuffle that FU arent active.

LOL ohh I forgot to mention the Post-Sacrifice Party attendees Wink

BiggieB is my idol
Plorg

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2008 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

F.U. could be active, given some willing opponents.
Russo

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2008 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

See I mention Post-Sacrifice Party and Plorg sticks his head up ears pricked and all his DP Skellies in tow...talk about Gatcrashing Very Happy

BiggieB is my idol
PeteW

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2008 - 21:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I think TTT is the new stables.

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2008 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys, is this round still open? Flings of Doom went MIA for a while but would like to re-form and re-join.

Let me know Smile thanks!
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2008 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

It looks like stables has pretty much died I'm afraid footballolb16 Sad

I know the FCUK coaches are still active but think the rest of the stables have pretty much died.

There was a WIL vs LoA series of games that was going on before the site went down and they were great fun, but they fizzled out with 2 games still not played.

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2008 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

spubbbba wrote:

I know the FCUK coaches are still active but think the rest of the stables have pretty much died.

There was a WIL vs LoA series of games that was going on before the site went down and they were great fun, but they fizzled out with 2 games still not played.

spubbba I take offence (and not at your face this time)

SCUM are still there just that with no games how can they play, in fact that applies to FCUK, with no games you are no more real than us Razz

BiggieB is my idol
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2008 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Russo wrote:
spubbbba wrote:

spubbba I take offence (and not at your face this time)

SCUM are still there just that with no games how can they play, in fact that applies to FCUK, with no games you are no more real than us Razz

I'm not sure is randomly mashing the keys and gnawing on the mouse can really be counted as playing Bloodbowl Russo.

Still it seems that like syphilis, SCUM are still hanging around making them selves unpleasant. So if Flings of Doom want a easy win then there is the stable for you.

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2008 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm still up for some SCUMphilic games... maybe I should actually code that algorithm Sad

Jump to: