21 coaches online • Server time: 03:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
peikko

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2005 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

freak_in_a_frock wrote:
surely after they have all the strength skills they will be allowed to pick block/tackle?

That is part of the LRB, when no skill is possible, normal rolls are treated as doubles.
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2005 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyway, we should all have an idea what this group is about!... so tell your friends, and join up!! Then we can stop debating and start testing this out! Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2005 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Any other takers...the league is a little small at the moment.
DanTitan76

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2005 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I will join.... lets check...
Dooby

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2005 - 13:16 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=694024

Vs the gnomes in the group

Didn't learn that much as my cas were very lucky. Only had one troll with a skill anyways. Should learn more next time round.
Imerikol

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2005 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I've bumped into a few of these stunty teams so far on the GF. I think it is an excellent idea, with a small caveat:

I offered a game to a gnome player who turned me down. He did it because my BGs had G skills. Then I look at his roster and notice at the top it says he is part of this 'league' and won't play teams that have G skills on their BGs. Thats fine I guess, but don't you think it's a bit... weak... to concientiously object to an advantage that only your opponent can get when you are taking G skills are your own equivilant of BGs (slayers)? No big deal I guess, but I thought that was pretty lame. Same goes for Strigs if I see them in the league, though I could understand it for Cheaters (they need the help).
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2005 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Who has taken Gen skills within the league, I can't see any. Daredevils have Block, but they start with it.

The people in the group seem to be enjoying their games, which is the main thing.

Hopefully more will join, but there is little point in any of the teams playing against opps with Gen skilled BG's or we will not get the chance to see how these teams would develop in an non-gen BG access arena.

I hope as more see the games and fun unfold, with more play around the whole team, rather then just the BG, they will create a team (maybe even alongside their other Stunties that play the main league as is) and try it.
Dooby

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2005 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Imerikol wrote:
I've bumped into a few of these stunty teams so far on the GF. I think it is an excellent idea, with a small caveat:

I offered a game to a gnome player who turned me down. He did it because my BGs had G skills. Then I look at his roster and notice at the top it says he is part of this 'league' and won't play teams that have G skills on their BGs. Thats fine I guess, but don't you think it's a bit... weak... to concientiously object to an advantage that only your opponent can get when you are taking G skills are your own equivilant of BGs (slayers)? No big deal I guess, but I thought that was pretty lame. Same goes for Strigs if I see them in the league, though I could understand it for Cheaters (they need the help).

I see your point, especially with gnomes as they are AV8 anyway and don't even rely on a BG, but the idea is to see how BG without General play against all teams even those damn cheatin too much armoured gnomes!
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Your non Gen access for BG group has only 6 teams!

Where are all those that voted for no G access for BG?

Is this a joke?

3613 teams in Stunty and only 6 of them are in your group Razz

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2005 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, at least I followed my beliefs and set the group up, it is up to each to decide if they wish to join it or not.

Many people perhaps have chosen not to play stunty at present, other just play the main rule set whether they prefer otherwise or not.

Either way, I don't see why you feel the need to try and ridicule something you have the choice to either join or leave alone.
Shinan

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2005 - 09:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes join! My snots are fighting with great spirit and heart toward the non-g-access! Soon I'll start to write up a pamphlet and a speech I'll always do when I play a new game Smile MUAHAHAHAHA.

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2005 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
Either way, I don't see why you feel the need to try and ridicule something you have the choice to either join or leave alone.

Eh, sorry man, I didn't want to ridicule anything.

This group should have at least 40 players according to the 2 polls you made and useful data should came out.

Brinking up this topic can only do good because people will notice it again and join the group.

By the way, my skinks just applied for membership!

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2005 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

hehe I shall look forward to kicking those skinks ass Captain !
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2005 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a question: why is the group in stunty and not in unranked? Looks like I created my team into the wrong division.

Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2005 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Hopefully an earlier post answers your question Karhumies...

DukeTyrion wrote:
pbateman wrote:
Quote:
Want league where is only elfs too? How about league where you can not foul or league where you can only play on saturdays?

Articulate the problem with that please.
If people want it why is it bad? There is in fact a group who want to play in a non-fouling league as there is a group who want to play in a non-BG acc. league.
Are we forcing other coaches at gunpoint to play in these leagues? no
Am I the first person to raise this point? no
Do I understand why opposition is so strong from people who these leagues will not even affect? no
Will letting people pick and choose the leagues they play in increase people's enjoyment of FUMBBL? YES!

Some coaches feel that too many leagues can dilute the overall feel of the league to much. Some would agrue that Ladder, Faction, DX and to a degree even Stunty take something from Ranked, especialy as Unranked has been set-up for coaches to run their own leagues.

That said, I would be all for a seperate league for non-BG Gen access, but in order to find a middle ground, have set up this Group, within the stunty league.

If you crate a team and join it, you would have the choice to play non-Gen BG games against other similar teams in stunty and throughout the group, whilst at the same time we would be able to see how these teams develop.

Maybe not ideal, but it's a good option and a way forward.
 Jump to: