30 coaches online • Server time: 10:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Why don't you play Stunty ?
Too many idiot coaches trying to mangle my team
17%
 17%  [ 24 ]
Not enough official tournaments
8%
 8%  [ 12 ]
Games are one dimensional
48%
 48%  [ 65 ]
One or more of the Teams are broken
13%
 13%  [ 18 ]
Stunty? never heard of it
11%
 11%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 134

SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2005 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Stunty hasnt died a horrible death, and I give credit to peikko for taking on the challenge, and I have liked some of the changes he has made! I like the new stars he has added to the leeg

Blaming the "demise" of stunty on peikko isnt very fair, as has been done in the past, I just think we need to add in a little injection of something to give it more flavour! peikko, would you be open for a forum discussion/poll for the future of stunty leeg? is there the possiblilty for more official stunty tournaments?

Those tournies look cool Evo, ive only recently started playing games again! I love that T.A.N.K. I like those little players you can add to your team, kind of like medals
Sgt_Colon

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2005 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Not that I subscribe the stunty has has died a death idea, I love the little blighters. But what I will say is why I think not as many people play stunty as the other leagues... A lot of people on here take their fumbbl too seriously and the even higher unpredictability of stunty obviously takes it to far for most. I think you have to have a certain mindset to really enjoy stunty, and that is to love those little useless b*****'s, even when they can't do anything right apart from make you laugh at their inadequacy, as they rapidly become a smear on the turf!
Also I love to take those risks, you know the ones, where if it works then it'll pay off big style but if not... Stunty for me is my playground in that respect. Smile

Sgt.
Dooby

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2005 - 09:27 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:
Dooby wrote:
I had been away about a year so you'd have to go back a bit farther oh mystical and mythical Peikko

With "as always" the weekly amount of games has been about the same the last couple years. Its kinda sad that there is so many people like you who try to claim things with setting polls wilt biased or at this time only one-sided options. If anything its only harmfull to get people believe your false accusations.

Where in the poll does it accuse anything? it is simply asking why you don't play stunty, just like the numerous other polls that go on. I defy your false allegation at my false allegation. Also why is it biased? I love stunty and if you'd check out my bio before blowing your stack you'd see I almost exclusively play stunty. Its kinda sad there are so many people like you that jump to conclusions.
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2005 - 09:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Stunty is great,
stunty is good.
don't start to hate,
or you'll be troll food!

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2005 - 09:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes and as you all know its against the rules to feed the troll!
any one up for an instant stunty turnement tonight?
-Buur

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2005 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

good and food - lol your funny man
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2005 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I just made my second stunty team ever, and I'm going to rock with it!

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2005 - 10:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, that ins't a nice poll, i love stunty and play exclusively stunty, what should i answer then?

Tmho stunty is the league where i found the spices that i'm looking for without being upset with coach rankings.

I want blood , fun and also try to develop teams acccording to specific topics, stunties are perfect for this. Whichever stunty team you'll coach, you are sure to get bloody games.
Isn't that the essence of Bloodbowl?
So, come on guys, stop playing ranked and join the stunty league.
albator2001

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2005 - 11:12 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:
Dooby wrote:
I have been away for a while and on my return I find less and less people playing Stunty. Why is this?

As always a peek to http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=stats&op=games shows no change in amount of games played in stunty.

I think that high TR stunty leeg teams don't play anymore ...

It's a lot of newbies or low TR stunty teams.
Sgt_Colon

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2005 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

That is pretty true from what I have seen albator, but take it as a compliment you must be doing something right to get a high tr stunty team! lol

Mine seem to get stuck around the 170's then start to go down again! Smile

One day I'll get up there.

Sgt.
Danger-Dan

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2005 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Stunty teams are like public transportation. No matter how much the government wants us to go public, and invests in improving the quality of public transportation, they can never solve the basic problem - that it is public.

Same goes for stunty teams. They are stunties. Even with treemen, or chainsaws, or ... um ... they are still stunties.
Sgt_Colon

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2005 - 11:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't want to turn this into a what have people got against stunties thread, but... <b>What have people got against stunties?!</b> Why is playing them so out of the question in some people eyes?

Sgt
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2005 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, it's strange. Sometimes I'm in the mood to play several stunty matches in row. Sometimes I shun them. It seems the stunty teams with big guys are far superior to the other stunty teams. That may be due the fact that the big uns can easily become block-tackle-frenzy machines.

Colin

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2005 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Sgt_Colon wrote:
A lot of people on here take their fumbbl too seriously and the even higher unpredictability of stunty obviously takes it to far for most.

I disagree - the reason I don't play stunty is because it's far too predictable ie. that Block Tackle Ogre WILL kill my team; I've watched many replays in disgust were the ball lies virtually ignored in the rush to slaughter the opposition team. There's not many risks in making as many 2 and 3 dice blocks as possible evey turn. TTM is also a rarely used tactic - far easier to walk it in when the other team is dead.

One other thing I'd like to see is the renaming of the alternative Halfling and Goblin teams (with G access BGs) to allow them to be easily distinguished from the LRB compliant rosters of the same name.

I lastly have doubts about Stunty Leeg teams having access to U (though there are a number of successful tourneys, like the FUMBBL World Cup) - I've reported more than one dodgy match to the admins where one coach was obviously building his team by slaughtering his mate's Snotlings.

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2005 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

just the thought of playing with stunty teams gives me nightmares... i'll try it one day, say 100 years from now when i'm old and senile!

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
 Jump to: