43 coaches online • Server time: 12:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post My 1st Blackbox tour...goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rog

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2013 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Damn, I'm almost disappointed that there are 2 other Skinks Very Happy
I did not expect this number of Eshin though... 6 players for such a team of questionable value?
baelnic

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2013 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think we've had enough data to determine how good or bad Eshin are unfortunately. I did ok with them in S.P.L.A.T. and they won the scoring title so I can't agree with your assessment of questionable without more proof.
Rog

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2013 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I said questionable, not bad, I rate them as an exceptional scoring team, in quite some cases even better than Skinks as that, but I dislike the fact that most of the team has no real development options and one of the players (imo) too many.
Azure

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2013 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:
An issue that deserves attention...apparently there is a bug regarding banning secret weapons prior to OT. Twice I've seen SWs banned only to appear in the reserve box prior to OT setup.

Without naming names...in the first match a CFling coach had a saw banned but available. He quite respectably put the saw in the endzone corner and it never saw action.

In a later game a Gnome coach had a bomber banned at the end of regulation but available for OT. That coach fielded the bomber and used him throughout OT.

I think an 'Official Policy' needs to be enacted to give players clarification on what should happen when this bug strikes.

This is clearly a bug. If this happened in a tournament I was admin'ing there would be serious consequences to any who exploit this. This is covered under the FUMBBL rules. Obviously if a secret weapon is banned and then a bug allows you to field it - either it should not be fielded, or if it must be, put it in a corner and it should be treated as out of play. Abusing bugs is not allowed in any game, period.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2013 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:
An issue that deserves attention...apparently there is a bug regarding banning secret weapons prior to OT. Twice I've seen SWs banned only to appear in the reserve box prior to OT setup.

Without naming names...in the first match a CFling coach had a saw banned but available. He quite respectably put the saw in the endzone corner and it never saw action.

In a later game a Gnome coach had a bomber banned at the end of regulation but available for OT. That coach fielded the bomber and used him throughout OT.

I think an 'Official Policy' needs to be enacted to give players clarification on what should happen when this bug strikes.

I think using the bomber if this was due to a bug is pretty disgusting. But it is stunty, which is full of cheating little goblins, so an official ruling would be useful.

EDIT: Azure is, of course, right. There is already a rule covering this. I hope the gnomes did not win.

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2013 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

One other notable point; I also saw both of the affected games, and in both, the opponent spotted that the banned player was back in play and told the owning coach. Which negates any sort of 'oh, I didn't know it was a bug' excuse.

Edited to remove identifying hint.

Last edited by xnoelx on %b %27, %2013 - %19:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
Rog

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2013 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Not saying it is now very easy to figure out said gnomes, but it is.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2013 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Please send me links to matches involving this happening. Azure has the correct answer.

--j

ImageImage
DrDeath

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2013 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

One other bug I think - just played my first Stunty Cup game and all the inducements were standard BB costs - e.g. Babes were 50k, Bribes 100k etc. In the Stunty rulebook it says those should be 40k and 85k... Has this not been implemented yet?

Still great fun though, love the new Star Players!
baelnic

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2013 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

The official inducement costs haven't been implemented in the client so we're stuck on the old prices.
Crook666

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2013 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

quick question: i lost my game, do i have to apply in the loser bracket or will be i automatically placed there? thank you
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2013 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Crook666 wrote:
quick question: i lost my game, do i have to apply in the loser bracket or will be i automatically placed there? thank you

I believe you need to apply.

And...

That was a WILD game!
Very entertaining with lots of carnage, some crazy plays that worked, easy ones that failed, and bizarre play calls from both coaches. Really enjoyed it, thanks.

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2013 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, has been a game worthy of a tournament, and when the thrall threw that bomb 6+ and stun the ball carrier i believed for a moment in a memorable victory.

anyway, i wonder if I have to apply in the loser's bracket now or after all the games are played. do ya know something 'bout it?
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2013 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's what Shadow posted:

shadow46x2 wrote:
I would like to see teams that lose(as long as you qualify by the above provisions) apply for the tournament again, but I will do my best to invite any stragglers.
--j

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2013 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds clear enough. I'll hire some new thralls, then I'll apply again.
 Jump to: