27 coaches online • Server time: 11:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post SWL Season CI
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do skinks need twist?
Yes
35%
 35%  [ 42 ]
No
24%
 24%  [ 29 ]
Canada
40%
 40%  [ 48 ]
Total Votes : 119

the_grey_ghost

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Chameleon skinks sound like an ok solution. The biggest problem is that they are fast and with fa -2 on throws they could get around the ball carrier very easily.

Salamanders are interesting. if they only get str+ passing access then they won't become too powerful like the saurus's did. I suggest a much lower agility value as they could turn into a thrower and not a line soaker. Does No hands work with Bomb on the client?

Their chaotic and fun so I like them. OFAB will take out allot of skinks though. I still say though that skinks either need fodder or tougher skinks.
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 00:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Making them ag2 is bad for bombing.

Besides, with MA 4, they will not turn into scoreres. I didn't know if Nohands and bombs work together, otherwise I would have suggested it.

As for skills, I only suggest Strength and General skills for them... they would be like weak and risky mechavermin. Passing would turn them into throwers, which they are not.

Z
Kommando

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 04:08 Reply with quote Back to top

ok, maybe i just dont get it. some people complain that skinks need positionals that soak up damage, and the suggestion that follows is an even more expensive positional with less armour that has a 1/6 chance of avoiding a block? or an OFAB player that will probably add some niggles just by himself?
bontauro

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

0-2 - 0-4 Young Saurus 4 3 1 9 gen/str ?
Kommando

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

to extrapolate (does this word exist?) on my previous suggestion:

0-12 pygmies with thrall 50k
0-4 skinks 60k
0-4 salamanders 4 3 1 9 Wild Animal G 70k
RR: 60k
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

0-2 Big skinks 100000 4 5 1 9 Always Hungry, Big Guy, Mighty Blow, Really
0-16 little skinks 40000 6 2 3 7 Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2005 - 05:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Recently I started a skink team and I love them! Even when they are heavily outnumbered they win! Most times they have a problem with fielding 11 skinks at the begining of a game because they are expensive. But as the FF goes up, they seem to overcome this problem.

The poison dagger skink was unreliable and after he got a nasty -st I boot him and never took a new one. He was too expensive anyway and wasn't helping much.
The goal will be to have 16 skinks and money!

But something tells me that this will never happen. I'm afraid that they will be carnaged when they will face a high TR goblin or nurglin team.
Why?
Because there is noone in the team to cut the way for the advanced opposing Big Guys (those nusty ones with Bloke, Tackle, Pro, Multiple Bloke).

So I have some ideas in order to make skinks compete in high TR...

a)
After the team reaches a specific TR (something around 160-180) they gain access to (one or) two expensive Saurus!
The Saurus start without skills and this means that they will need time to develop in order to do some true damage. By that point the skinks will be so High Rated that their potential opponents will be true killers too!
If for some reason the team drops under the specific TR, the Saurus abandon the team and never come back!
The team may buy new Saurus if they reach again the specific TR.

b)
Like with a) but replace the Saurus with st3 positionals that have G access.
This is just in case you believe that Saurus will be way too good.

c)
2 expensive skinks start with G access on normal rolls.
I don't like this one too much, because skinks will be unbeatable in low TR and their problem in high TR might remain.

d)
Like with a) but replace the Saurus with the skinks of c).
I think that this will not help much either. St2 guys can't do much in high TR.

Going to play some more now! I'll be back with news! Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2005 - 08:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Another vote for "The Village down there"

I think it's captioned "Kiyosh- Kanatakan"

Seriously though - Slow 'em down just one MA. Would put 'em in the same range as the other stunts.
Istarios

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2005 - 09:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, I didn't bother to read all the posts, so just ignore me if this idea has been suggested.
How about giving the skinks a 0-2 skink blitzer choice, which would simply be skinks with general access. I would also suggest to give them 0-2 skinks with passing access. In this way you have the opportunity to mold your skink team into something more interesting than just having a lot of linos with side step, DT and sure feet.
Faulcon

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2005 - 10:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Doesn't matter how fast a skink is, when you're up against DT stunties and blockle big guys, 3 ag doesn't cut it for dodging and 2 to 3 dice blocks hurt bad. Then at 60k a pop you can't afford to replace them. Thing is, at low tr the skinks can make those dodges and generally avoid being hurt while racing in the scores, but once you get up to the 175 mark they can't dodge anymore and they can't survive.

ve6neo, the speed is the only thing skinks have going for them and you propose taking that away too?
SunTzu

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2005 - 10:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I still say 0-2 MA 6 ST 3 AG 3 AV7-8 skinks are needed. Call them Veteran Skinks or what you would like, but it would make a little more bashing possible, while avoiding the horribleness of 2 BGs like before.

Would need to remove something from the lineup though, to balance it out, since they win alot already. Lessen some MA?
Miyuso

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2005 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

How about Mv 6 St 3 Ag 3 Av 7 Dodge Stunty Frenzy. The Chosen of Sotek. Are slower, but stronger than nornal skinks. Have Access to Str and Agi skills, but not general. Ideas? Working with my WHFB lizard book for ideas
Ironik

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2005 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Why Canada? Why not Alsace Lorraine? Or Tuscania? OR Brasil?
Dooby

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2005 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd still like someone to give us the stats since the last change to skinks. I feel they win more than most therefore they don't need changing. Giving them big guys would need a reduction in speed which makes them nothing more than gobbos.

They are not supposed to take on big guys anyway - they are supposed to run away !
SunTzu

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2005 - 12:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Thats what i was saying, lessen their speed (which is what they win with), but give them some bash capabilties. Dont force every coach to play them in the same way.
 Jump to: