29 coaches online • Server time: 08:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Why don't you play Stunty ?
Too many idiot coaches trying to mangle my team
17%
 17%  [ 24 ]
Not enough official tournaments
8%
 8%  [ 12 ]
Games are one dimensional
48%
 48%  [ 65 ]
One or more of the Teams are broken
13%
 13%  [ 18 ]
Stunty? never heard of it
11%
 11%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 134

hunter

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2005 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps one method of dealing with the whole BG debate(s) has been overlooked... simply eliminate BGs from the Stunty Leeg. To differentiate LRB Halflings and Goblins from Stunty Leeg Halflings and Goblins, simply remove the Big Guys.

This would focus the action on the regular and positional players and enhance the importance of strategy beyond "bash until the other team is dead then walk downfield". It would also increase the development of players, since they wouldn't die quite as often.

I think a group was set up to test this at one point, but few joined. Sooo... if you don't play Stunty because you're worried your team will get mangled by BGs, create a team whose bio clearly states that you will only play against other non-BG teams. Just a thought.

The other thing you can do is participate in playtesting conceptual teams, many of which are designed with no Big Guys and more focus on ballhandling and strategy. The more of these teams that exist in the Stunty Leeg, the more options you have in terms of non-BG opposition. You can see all of the teams that have been submitted for playtesting to the Stunty Compendium here. To participate in playtesting (so that if any of these teams are added to the Leeg, we don't end up with broken rosters which require excessive tweaking), please join the Stunty Playtesters here.

Regards,
~hunter

Last edited by hunter on %b %28, %2006 - %23:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
DonTomaso

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2005 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I like stunty, but I also like to see my TEAM (not just the BGs) develope. And today developement of Flings is very difficult, not to say almost impossible. A Block/ Tackle/ Multiple Block BG is always going to kill/maim them before they reach high in the SPP.

The problem is quite another. Lots of people play Stunty, and lots of people drop stunty. If stunty could be made more attractive to those dropping out, Stunty-games would increase.

It is easily done by implementing _some_ (not all, obviously) of the suggested changes in this (and lots of other) thread. But, unfortunately, I guess this won't happen for quite some time, so in the meanwhile I'm dropping Stunty too. Just gotta kill off my teams. Won't take to long.

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2005 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems the biggest problem in some people liking and some not liking stunty leeg is the way of play. Some people want stunty to be all about serious playing for win your opponent over skillfull building your players and ball playing tactics. Currently stunty is comic sidekick for more serious divisions, a disastoroys mayhem to let go for while and just enjoy a game where you can laugh when you fail horribly. Since stunty is only division engouragin this kinda play (with soem unranked tournaments) I dont see need to have transformation to same form as ranked, dx, factions and ladder.
Furious_George

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2005 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

It would be nice to see people caring more about their teams, but, to be honest, one approach to stop the minimised play in stunty leeg is to grab your stunty team, pack up and move to unranked, play that chaos pact team, get raped, chainsaw the gutter runners face of, and then claim youve got balls the size of footballs for playing a stunty leeg team in unranked Very Happy
personally my goblin cheaters would probably be slain very rapidly vs some smelly high elf team, but id make sure i had fun doing it, and having access to such oddities as chainsaws, or extensive TTM can often yield somewhat of a surprise from an opponent(potentially followed by a chuckle as your quaint little goblin is eaten alive by a troll). I wouldnt mind playing in a stunty where BG's had no G access, that would be great for the other little guys, but as has been said, i dont think it'll happen.

"Hugh Mann eh? Now theres a name I can trust!"
Me Loves Futurama
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2005 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I appreciate stunty too. Not too much, but when I play stunty, it's when I am exhausted and want to play but not that much to think.

I feel fine with it. G acces is another thema.

Slaughtering is one part of the stunty game. developping a nurgling team around DT sidestep wouldn't be fun too!

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2005 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Thyrreks wrote:
Well, that ins't a nice poll, i love stunty and play exclusively stunty, what should i answer then?

Tmho stunty is the league where i found the spices that i'm looking for without being upset with coach rankings.

I want blood , fun and also try to develop teams acccording to specific topics, stunties are perfect for this. Whichever stunty team you'll coach, you are sure to get bloody games.
Isn't that the essence of Bloodbowl?
So, come on guys, stop playing ranked and join the stunty league.

Why is it not a nice poll? Its asking your opinion as to why you don't play stunty. I can start another for Divx or Unranked if that would make you feel better.

Well thanks for all the interest in the thread guys, after several days of stunty forum inactivity it's gone wild. Now, I'm sure its been done and its going from the point a little, before; but in a nutshell why do big guys have general access anyway? They don't have them in ranked so whats the theory behind them having it in stunty?
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2005 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Dooby wrote:
Thyrreks wrote:
Well, that ins't a nice poll, i love stunty and play exclusively stunty, what should i answer then?

Tmho stunty is the league where i found the spices that i'm looking for without being upset with coach rankings.

I want blood , fun and also try to develop teams acccording to specific topics, stunties are perfect for this. Whichever stunty team you'll coach, you are sure to get bloody games.
Isn't that the essence of Bloodbowl?
So, come on guys, stop playing ranked and join the stunty league.

Why is it not a nice poll? Its asking your opinion as to why you don't play stunty. I can start another for Divx or Unranked if that would make you feel better.

Well thanks for all the interest in the thread guys, after several days of stunty forum inactivity it's gone wild. Now, I'm sure its been done and its going from the point a little, before; but in a nutshell why do big guys have general access anyway? They don't have them in ranked so whats the theory behind them having it in stunty?

Of course your poll is biased.

for exemple. I play stunty and like it and admit it's one sided. The is no "I like stunty" option

So I vote for "it's one-sided"

but it's giving the wrong impression

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2005 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

The poll is not biased at all. I am merely asking why the people that don't play stunty don't play stunty. I know why people who like stunty play stunty - becasue they like stunty. Its as the Americans call a 'No Brainer'.

I like stunty and I play stunty so I don't know where you and Peikko are getting the idea I don't like stunty from. Please check out my teams if you don't believe me (2 active ranked teams oh - Halflings, one Faction team oh - Goblins, five stunty teams!). I simply wanted to know why the people that dont play stunty, don't play stunty!!!!!!!
Altheus

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2005 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

This question prompted me to start playing stunty.

I am losing gloriously but it's a laugh.

I think the fun thing is that you don't really have to care much about the players.

Example: 3 dice opponents choice block against a minotaur? What the hell, go for it.

No guilt, just slaughter with a ball involved somewhere.

Like most of my games, really.

Altheus
Dooby

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2005 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice one dude - If nothing else its one more player!
lordchaos

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2005 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone interested in a unranked stunty tournament? 150tr and under. Starts november 1st. You can join at this link.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2773

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2005 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Dooby wrote:
The poll is not biased at all. I am merely asking why the people that don't play stunty don't play stunty. I know why people who like stunty play stunty - becasue they like stunty. Its as the Americans call a 'No Brainer'.

I like stunty and I play stunty so I don't know where you and Peikko are getting the idea I don't like stunty from. Please check out my teams if you don't believe me (2 active ranked teams oh - Halflings, one Faction team oh - Goblins, five stunty teams!). I simply wanted to know why the people that dont play stunty, don't play stunty!!!!!!!

it's biased because people usually answers polls whatever.

add a "I am a macavity" option and you'll get the most replys in this category

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2005 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, I found it a good poll, and answered it after some thought. I picked "One-Dimensional". I think Peiko is right that Stunty is a comic side division and should remain so, but I like skill, I like learning , and I like Top Ten lists. I am on infrequently, and feel that considering I can only play a few games, I'd prefer to concentrate on Ranked, which is nicely competative.

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2005 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Of course your poll is biased.

for exemple. I play stunty and like it and admit it's one sided. The is no "I like stunty" option

So I vote for "it's one-sided"

but it's giving the wrong impression

This was the point , thanks god sk8bcn clearly explained it, in fact your poll is about stunty but doesn't allow to have positive answers about it, that could let people think there is nothing interesting in stunty and bring out all coaches annoyed with stunty.
It would have been fair to let a possibility of reply to the stunty supporters in order to get the picture of how stunty league is considered by the community.
Actually the wording should be different like :
Is there a reason for not playing stunty?
and add as a possible answer :
I don't care about everything but stunty. or any kind of answer offsetting the previous proposals.

And then, i could answer to the poll, he he, just to see a lil' percentage of pro stunty.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2005 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:
Seems the biggest problem in some people liking and some not liking stunty leeg is the way of play. Some people want stunty to be all about serious playing for win your opponent over skillfull building your players and ball playing tactics. Currently stunty is comic sidekick for more serious divisions, a disastoroys mayhem to let go for while and just enjoy a game where you can laugh when you fail horribly. Since stunty is only division engouragin this kinda play (with soem unranked tournaments) I dont see need to have transformation to same form as ranked, dx, factions and ladder.

I can't stress the point anymore than peikko already did, other than quoting it...

playing in [R] is so freaking stressful, because you work hard at building a team, only to have one bad game which knocks you back down a few rungs on the ladder, and what happens? you get irritated, start pulling your hair at having to rebuild your team and everything...

go to stunty and what happens? you care about your team, just like in [R], sure, but the realization is there, and in your face that..."these players are expendable...it's not a matter of what you can do to keep them from dying....it's a matter of 'what move is going to whack the little buggers?"....since i started playing stunty again...i've laughed and had more fun than i have playing *any* of my non-[S] matches...why?...because i'm not worried about anything other than just having a good time...you get away fromt he mindset of having to be tactical, and it gives you the freedom to just try stuff you normally wouldn't....and when it fails(which ironically enough, isn't all that often), it usually fails in a blitzkrieg firework display, and it's so hysterical that you can't help but laugh, and completely ignore the fact that, that one particular screw-up, just gave your opponent the win....

less hate for the stunties...more love for the freedom to just enjoy the game and play

--j
 Jump to: