31 coaches online • Server time: 01:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Convince a friend to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
nin

Post   Posted: May 07, 2006 - 03:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I was happy with my elves and then I found about E.L.F., now I'm happy with my elves and play in this tournament... it has a somethink like a goal and it's fun and my team is ranked.

There are also the E.M.U. and some Whatever.M.U.s and there was a League of Heroick Failure (forguive my spelling, it's late here)...you Big Mack, I'm sure that you know about those, joining is optional and this way everibody has the chance to play as he likes and make the use of the site that suits him better (without rules breach)

I'm sure that there's room for more groups in [R]anked. I've an idea that I like but lack the time necesary to run that at the moment, it's about impresive, daring and cool matches (I'll be glad to discuse it if anibody want's to know).

May be Big Mack has a good idea about goals in [R]anked... my proposal is implementing it as a group, it's not going to change the world, but it can certainly change [R]anked for the coaches tha join at least.
ruoste

Post   Posted: May 07, 2006 - 03:38 Reply with quote Back to top

ranked needs new tweaks by BicMac!!!
Hassan_Ninkin

Post   Posted: May 07, 2006 - 04:46 Reply with quote Back to top

RedFish wrote:
Hassan_Ninkin wrote:

[edit] i'm confused. why are you trying to hamper cherrypicking in the first place when your rookie's guide to fouling post clearly indicates that you are an advocate of cherrypicking? which side of the fence are you on? [/edit]

Sorry but that's a load of something nasty Smile Just what do you base these accusations on?

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=8009

Second paragraph starts with the sentence "Cherrypick your opponents."
nin

Post   Posted: May 07, 2006 - 05:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Hassan_Ninkin wrote:
RedFish wrote:
Hassan_Ninkin wrote:

[edit] i'm confused. why are you trying to hamper cherrypicking in the first place when your rookie's guide to fouling post clearly indicates that you are an advocate of cherrypicking? which side of the fence are you on? [/edit]

Sorry but that's a load of something nasty Smile Just what do you base these accusations on?

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=8009

Second paragraph starts with the sentence "Cherrypick your opponents."

I think you missunderstand the paragraph, it explains how to choose your opponents to avoid heavy foulers that don't play to win. The word Cherrypick is used there as a kind of jocke, but the paragraph doesn't really encourage choosing easy to win matches.
vanGorn

Post   Posted: May 07, 2006 - 12:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, nin is right. Groups can add those extrs goals, which can make the ranked division suck less.
An even better approach would be an unranked league with strict scheduled seasons. There are already some fine groups on Fumbbl, but you could create your own if they don't fit your visions.

Fama

Post   Posted: May 07, 2006 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

So, you want to stop people from playing down in TS... and encourage people to play up in TS. Am I the only one who sees something funny in this?

Of course it's different when you challenge a +10 TS team compared to a -10 TS team, but in both situations, the other team plays 10 TS down.

Post   Posted: May 07, 2006 - 14:17 Reply with quote Back to top

cherrypicking is cherrypicking no matter how you look at it. any time you choose which team you'll play based on the minimal risk/maximum reward theory, you're cherrypicking. which means EVERYONE does it.
PandaPower

Post   Posted: May 07, 2006 - 14:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Good point Fama, I've never thought of it like that Very Happy!
Optihut

Post   Posted: May 07, 2006 - 14:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's my goal for ranked: Reach one of the top 30 spots (page 1) of the tables. Sadly, the highest I got so far was 190ish, though.

EDIT: Oh and of course building my first 176+ SPP player is another goal.
 Jump to: