53 coaches online • Server time: 13:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Meat Grinder Season ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2013 - 07:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, after getting diced (no, really) my team is off to the Loser's bracket. But I don't see a link. Just re-apply to the main Stunty Cup group members page?

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2013 - 08:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Stunty seems particularly prone to dicings. And yes, a post on the third page said you should apply to the main group again.
TheSyron

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2013 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

So if I'm reading this bracket correctly, the people who got a bye in the first round have to have finished their match Wednesday next week at the latest and not this Wednesday?
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2013 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

TheSyron wrote:
So if I'm reading this bracket correctly, the people who got a bye in the first round have to have finished their match Wednesday next week at the latest and not this Wednesday?

yes.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2013 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

maybe i didn't got this correctly. my team has not schduled games so far.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2013 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Crook666 wrote:
maybe i didn't got this correctly. my team has not schduled games so far.

You are on the b-side. You need to wait for all the first and second round matches to finish so all the losing teams can apply.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2013 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

The match between me and BooAhl might need another day (thursday) to get finished. We already had enough problems finding a time that works for both of us and when we finally got to start it the site crashed halfway through yesterday and was unavailable for the rest of the time we had left.
Shadow has already been invited to the conversation.

EDIT: We managed to finish it yesterday. My Skinks got obliterated by Eshin without an Assassin, quite an interesting and fun game to watch.
Pentalarc

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2013 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, so teams who go to the losers bracket have to reapply. . . oops. . .that explains a lot.
luckyjim12

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2013 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank God for the losers' bracket - trying to organise games with sleepy-heads from New Zealand is a tricky business and I've never been good at coin tosses*

*I lose 50% of the time.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2013 - 01:35 Reply with quote Back to top

The Loser's Bracket has kicked off! Check your coach pages for your matchups if you are taking part!

Please note: several coaches were denied entry due to the following:
1) Teams were not "Ready"
2) Teams played matches after their First round loss.

If you were expecting a match, but did not receive one, these are the reasons why.

--j

ImageImage
Crook666

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2013 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Never Bite on the First Date are still in after a tremendous battle against some die-hard Snots. We put all our cash in inducements and we are almost broke now, but still in the Cup and this is what matters. Many thanks to Baron Von Spivakosky for substituting very well injured Chief Sommelier Vlad, and gratz to our opponent who played very good. We'll see what will happen.
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2013 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

With three-quarters of the third round (and none of the fourth) done, it's time to take a look at the teams that have got this far.

Horrors of Tzeentch
Horrors of Tzeentch
Chaos Halflings
Nurglings
Squig Herders
Chaos Halflings
(Gnomes/Nurglings)
Squig Herders
Nurglings
Pygmies
(Gnoblars/Cheaters)
Gnomes
Skryre
(Cheaters/Forest Goblins)
Eshin
(Nurglings/Chaos Halflings)

I have to say, this looks like... parity to me. The 20 teams still in the running represent 11 races, and no team appears more than 4 times. (Nurglings -- and 2 of those 4 are still in round 3.) Skryre has fared probably the poorest, with 10 teams entering and only one getting this far. Strigoyan (6) was the most popular race to now be completely eliminated. And Tzeentch (5 entered, 2 remaining) has proven a surprise, though both of those teams got first-round byes. (And now they face each other... there will definitely be exactly one Tzeentch quarterfinalist.)

There's been talk of forest goblins being overpowered, but at least in this limited sample, that doesn't hold true at higher TVs. For that matter, 2 of 9 squig teams getting through doesn't seem absurd at all. (They both received first-round byes, so 1/8 would have happened even by chance.)

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
TheSyron

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2013 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Two Nurgling teams in the last 8 as well as two Gnome teams, but no Squigs.
Quarterfinales so far:

Horrors vs Nurglings
Cflings vs Gnomes
Nurglings vs Gnomes
Skryre/Forest Goblins vs Eshin/Cflings
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2013 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

The Dawson Creek Hellbillies bashed their way into the semifinals in a rough and tumble game that looked dire for the Chaos Flings at the beginning.

The Gnomotecnicos won the toss and elected to receive. The sun was very bright, but it seemed to have little to no effect on their bombers ability to deliver bombs during the game. The Gnomotecnicos were able to cause 4 BHs and 2 KOs in the first two turns, and it looked grim for Dawson Creek. Star Spawn Jack McCornstarch was able to get the ball carrier down and his tentacles near the ball, but he was eventually knocked over and with almost no players left, the Gnomes looked set to stall it out. A late 1D blitz by Dawson Creek was able to push the ball carrier into the TD to try and give the Flings a chance at a 2 turn TD, but a dropped ball scuppered those plans.

Halftime score: 1-0 for the Gnomes

The biggest trend of the game was that if a player went down, they were not getting up, and this continued into the second half. This time it was Dawson Creek's turn to lay on the hurt and they proceeded to hit everyone and anything they could. At the end of the second half Billy Badbrisket walked the ball into the end zone with few Gnomes on the field.

Full time: 1-1

Overtime looked dire for the Gnomes, who lost the toss and had to kick. In addition, they were reduced to 3 players. A perfect defence was a very slight glimmer of hope, but the trend towards injured players continued and the three remaining Gnomes were quickly reduced to none. Upcoming backup runner Burgoo Benchclincher Esq. was able to trot down field and score the winner.

OT Final 2-1 Dawson Creek.

This was a wild game. If you were to watch the first few turns you'd probably be certain it was over for the Flings (I was not too optimistic), but as with many Stunty games, there was a huge momentum swing and suddenly it looked great for my squad.

31 players contested the match, only 7 were on the field at the end. The injury boxes were overflowing with badly hurt and seriously injured players. There were 17 recorded casualties, plus those caused by bombs.

Thanks to my opponent PanChit0 for an exciting game.

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2013 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations to Dusk on making it to the finals. In the end, the Horror's bombs were just too accurate and deadly for the C'Flings to overcome. We both had some terrible rolls at crucial times throughout the game.