59 coaches online • Server time: 19:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Inscription JBL Sais...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

For a few months we talked about the advent of the Black Box and Christer took the time and effort to make that happen, thank you for that.

Now the week has arrived and Block Box is a reality. Based on the early feed back to much success.

My point is that in the months leading up to the black box and my "general" feelings reading posts, posting and talking to coaches over the last year and a half. That a element of Nihilism has appeared in our coaching ranks.

The Black Box was a Talisman for the small minority of coaches out there who rant and rave about the injustices of ranked play, the "cheese", the "Cheery", the TR/TS min maxing, fouling, fairness, CR rants and 50+ other injustices out there that filled hundreds of posts and sparked outrage and controversy in the fourm, Bon Fires of back and forth fury were uttered amongest each other.

The Black Box was the talisman of Nihilism that would destroy ranked play. Bring back fairness and "proper" Blood Bowl. Smite the "evil" coaches who just play to win and forget the spirit of BLood Bowl. DO not make teams that play for the long haul. That the gamefinder for Ranked would dry up faster than the Sahara desert in July. And at the end of the day Ranked would cease to exist and the BOX would rule the day. All Majors would be BOXED and everyone would play on "equal" footing.

DONT BUY INTO THIS Nihilism. Blood Bowl in general and Fumbll in paticular will never be trully "fair". It is a "system" and people will allways maximize the system to their advantage. "Rage" at the system might feel good but in the end its a destructive emotion in the end. I understand that people get upset at losing, no one likes to lose. We as humans allmost allways it seems point out unfairness in our failings and that it had allmost nothing to do with "me". Iam not talking about good coaching VS bad or Uber VS fluff teams. Just a general statement about human nature.

Ranked play and the Box compete with each other now for players based on this Nihilism that was one of many many reasons Iam sure that Christer decided to do it.

I will make a Box team and play and have fun, which is the only reason Iam around. I do not and will not give into the Nihilists on the site that only see injustice and rant and rave about "issues" that create this inbalance.

Iam very sure once Box gets up and running, about a month from now. Keep your eyes open and look around the forums. the Nihilists will come out on a "Cheese" tactic being employed and appeal to Christer for Box version 2.0 to once again smite those down.

I only hope that as a community we put down these Nihilists and support the Box for all the right reasons, to have fun and have a new division to play in, and not go overboard with the downfall of all the "cheese" that Blood Bowl seems to promote in ranked.

On a side note: Blood Bowl since Version 1 has allways been about Cheese, Blood, Death, Fun and a little Bowling and not about fair, IMHO.

Before I get Flamed for posting on BOx and not having a Box team is this. I only have 2 hours a night to play, thus I can only get in one game. Well ever since my Buccaneers had been reduced to 6 players (thank you Arktoris) my one game has been devoted to restoring the glory of the Buccaneers. Once the restoration process has been completed and the Buccaneers are ready to storm into the Warpstone Open, if its even going to be played due to the BOX smiting down all us Ranked coaches who like majors, then I will make my Box Team and charge head first into that melle.

Last edited by PainState on %b %12, %2008 - %22:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

What do you mean wait a month or so?... BigQuizardMacShark has already posted Ideas about Box 2.0 Laughing

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState: Look inside yourself and you will see that the only true moral is the subjective one. Feel free to call me a Nihilist (you seem to like that word although Im not sure Nietzsche would say it would apply here in fumbbl) but don't do it based on some objective "truth" your silly God has created. Call me a Nihilist because your own personal moral tells you to.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Lill-Leif wrote:
PainState: Look inside yourself and you will see that the only true moral is the subjective one. Feel free to call me a Nihilist (you seem to like that word although Im not sure Nietzsche would say it would apply here in fumbbl) but don't do it based on some objective "truth" your silly God has created. Call me a Nihilist because your own personal moral tells you to.

. <------- the point - you ---------->

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
What do you mean wait a month or so?... BigQuizardMacShark has already posted Ideas about Box 2.0 Laughing

nah... those were sugerences for beta (as the Box is in alpha)

...when it's working, there will come the trully briilliant ideas of smithe all, and from all coaches at once!

btw, cherripicking is nihilistic... and elfbowl even more so
such a lack of pride!

on the other hand seeing Blakbox as the Holly Grial... well, it may be foolish, but it's :p

Last edited by nin on %b %12, %2008 - %22:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
SmilinMatt

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

You misspelled Cherry

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

and u completely misused the term nihilism
Chrome_ghoul

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Right on PainState! With the advent of [B]lackbox, Im looking forward to a more pleasent time in [R]anked. Hopefully, all the players that find fault with ranked will find a home in blackbox much more to there liking. That should leave the rest of us, who like [R] the way it is, to have our fun. Everyones a winner!
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Reisender wrote:
and u completely misused the term nihilism

I think it means whining.

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

"Are these the Nazis, Walter?"

"No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of."

Last edited by benjysmyth on %b %12, %2008 - %23:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
boruppeter

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Lill-Leif wrote:
(...)the only true moral is the subjective one (...) not (...) some objective "truth" your silly God has created.

This forum is not the place for (anti-)religious propaganda. Please post these kind of statements in appropriate forums outside FUMBBL.
Chrome_ghoul

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

One page! Pie anyone?
SillySod

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheese wont die with [R]. However the cherrypicking aspect of bloodbowl will die, and thats the bit that I personally find most abhorrent.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

[R] wont die because of [B]...

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
Cheese wont die with [R]. However the cherrypicking aspect of bloodbowl will die, and thats the bit that I personally find most abhorrent.

Stilton cheese is my favourite cheese out of all the cheeses of the cheese world.