45 coaches online • Server time: 00:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

As a hard core Human Team coach here are a few things my allmost two years has taught me.

1)I can get a game in under 5 minutes on gamefinder IF I dont care about the matchup (BOX does the same thing)Allmost everyone is willing to play a lowly human team.
2)When my team needs a recovery match the Elves come out of the wood work, can get elf matches all day long on gamefinder, and in under 5 minutes.
3)Once My TR gets to 240+ on gamefinder the # of teams greatly decreases from night to night.
4)Once my TR gets to 260+ I can only find, in under 5 minutes, Orcs, chaos or Darkelves. The DE's run to the hills if I have over 5 Tacklers so that leaves only the Orcs and Chaos.

This is my experience running the Buccaneers. Will the Box help out my Box human team? At low levels, nope. At high levels that will be what Iam looking at. Once the Box has gone on for a few months and a lot of high TR teams are around what will the BOX spit out. My quess is the exact same thing every night on Gamefinder will produce. I could be wrong but lets see how it plays out.

The four points above are under my current conditions that are placed on me. I can only play around 2 hours a night and have no time to waste just wandering the Gamefinder and picking the perfect match up. ALL most every time I play its the team I was matched up with on the gamefinder. SO those points I think apply in general but for me thats how it is. Everyone else has there own conditions to deal with.
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 21:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh thank GOD. finaly a forum post about the blackbox division. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

paulhicks wrote:
Oh thank GOD. finaly a forum post about the blackbox division. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Thank god finally a thread with Paulhicks posting Twisted Evil
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Man Paul you are missing out. The BOX is were its at when it comes to the Forum thread right now. Very Happy

Plus right now it looks like all that is being discussed are Birthday teams and the BOX. So I will think of a new topic to discuss so you can sit back and relax.

Last edited by PainState on %b %13, %2008 - %21:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

The [B] division = The new forum plague?

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Probally Foulscumm, The plague is starting to spread.

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah i know you guys all love it and it's your shiny new toy but it just aint for me im afraid. I'm not at all serious about moaning about th evolume of the threads (just perhaps a little amused) as ive enjoyed reading a few of them. i particularly enjoyed bigmac complaining about how it should be changed cuz he knows best withing 35 seconds of testing being opened Very Happy

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

paulhicks wrote:
Yeah i know you guys all love it and it's your shiny new toy but it just aint for me im afraid.

I'm ever so glad someone perceived as 'cool' came out and said that.

You absolutely can decide the box isn't for you without being picky, uncool, scum (or whatever the perception would be if unpopular coach x had just said that), it's just the nature of new toys that it's steamrollering everything atm. It'll die down. Smile

My last 4 unscheduled were [B], I'm thinking I'll change it up and throw in some [R] or [S] to keep things fresh sometime soon. I can’t spot Mr. Hicks on the finder and give up an hour to who has the biggest fouling grapefruits in [B], that’s for sure!

I must say I'm not totally getting the original post. Maybe it's late and I'm tired. Non bashy team that accepts all same TSish challenges can get quick and fair games in [R] that aren't too different to [B]? Seems like stating the obvious to me! The box hasn't yet given me a game I wouldn't accept in double quick time in [R], but then I've only played 4 at base TR, so I've hardly a wealth of stats... We'll wait and see what my Gobbos draw. Twisted Evil
 Jump to: