16 coaches online • Server time: 04:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post My 1st Blackbox tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Reverse the Luck Meter?
Champion idea! Someone buy this man a beer!
20%
 20%  [ 8 ]
Damn that's fine... a two beer suggestion for sure!
12%
 12%  [ 5 ]
You were thinking? Bit of an exaggeration there, mate...
17%
 17%  [ 7 ]
You stupid Aussies and your backwards ideas. Why don't you turn your monitor the right way up and try to conduct yourself like a normal person?
50%
 50%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 40

Twahn

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2003 - 06:54 Reply with quote Back to top

The worst thing about getting whupped by the dice, I think, is that constant reminder at the top of the screen that life sucks big time.

I was thinking, let's replace the Luck Meter with a 'Skill Meter', so that instead of showing 36% Luck, it'd show 64% skill!!
How much more uplifting is that for the poor downtrodden coach who can't buy a roll?

Ahhh.. how sweet that would be...
Wombats

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2003 - 07:12 Reply with quote Back to top

You're odd.

Signed,

A fellow anitpodean <Hops on one leg, shakes three fingered fist at incomprehensible upsidedown world around him>

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2003 - 07:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I could use that...

Z
Davosaurus

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2003 - 08:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmmm. The luck meter is strange and fickle. Last night the luck meter read 46% for me and 67% for my opponent. I had injured 3 players (2 in his turn) and scored a TD, it was only turn 3 and I had kicked off. Then he fled without a word after 1 of his players joined my Undead ranks.
JadeKnight

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2003 - 09:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, I don't think this would be a bad idea if it were Optional. However, I voted for the fourth option because it was the most humourous. =Þ
m0nty

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2003 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a good idea, with a small modification. Make it a hackable option in the options.ini, where you could reverse it and then put in your own labels. Personally, I would call it the "Arse" meter. (Of course, I am showing my uncouth antipodean convict heritage here.)
 Jump to: