50 coaches online • Server time: 16:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NAF Charity Tourney ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Grod

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2009 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I wanted to suggest adding Black Box style match ups to Ranked, for coaches who want that, IN ADDITION to regular open matches. The match up formula could take CR into account. Ranked stays open, as you can always choose the regular current way of picking matches.

As I see it, the change isn't large, the question would be whether anyone would use it / whether Christer would want to add it.

Anyways, let the flaming begin.

Oscar Wilde
Leijonet

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2009 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I fail to see the need. What would be the point? If you want to play Blackbox, play Blackbox. If you want Ranked, play Ranked.

Leijonet -Winging justice since 6/9-08
Grod

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2009 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Leijonet wrote:
I fail to see the need. What would be the point? If you want to play Blackbox, play Blackbox. If you want Ranked, play Ranked.

To get the best of both worlds. Most of the tournaments are played in Ranked, so you can keep your teams there. And you can get a game for them when you want, instead of spending 50 minutes trying to convince people that an orc team without mighty blow really isn't going to retire your team...

Oscar Wilde
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2009 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
Leijonet wrote:

To get the best of both worlds. Most of the tournaments are played in Ranked, so you can keep your teams there. And you can get a game for them when you want, instead of spending 50 minutes trying to convince people that an orc team without mighty blow really isn't going to retire your team...

Agree with Leijonet.

If you want tournaments, Blackbox has them now. If you want instant games, Blackbox has that.

If you want the ability to put a level of selection criteria on your matches, yuo have ranked.
somertown

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2009 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:

If you want tournaments, Blackbox has them now. If you want instant games, Blackbox has that.

Just not for teams created before blackbox existed.

Solution 1: allow teams to transfer to blackbox (and offend some blackbox purists)

Solution 2: create a scheduler in ranked (and risk insufficient support for one of the schedulers)

Solution 3: say its not a problem worth solving
Koigokoro

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2009 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Some sort of transfer that also resets the R team wishing to change division could also work..
 Jump to: