74 coaches online • Server time: 20:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post My 1st Blackbox tour...goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
skill choices
Shadowing
15%
 15%  [ 9 ]
Tackle
31%
 31%  [ 19 ]
Strip ball
15%
 15%  [ 9 ]
Dirty player
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
Sure feet
10%
 10%  [ 6 ]
Sprint
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Divine takcle, pie or Elfbowlers go home
18%
 18%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 60

zakatan

Post   Posted: May 26, 2010 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

My Lion warrior just reached the megastar status, normal roll, no aging.

I considered some options:
    Shadowing: never had one, with ma9 can be annoying but i'm not sure how useful it is
    Tackle: obvious choice but bad for surfing
    Strip ball: the team doesn't have any, but i don't like the sinergy with frenzy
    Dirty Player: boot'em with megsatar might!
    Sure feet: run faster, run safer
    Sprint: oneturning duty, which i'm not so fond of. Also a call to die going for it

Keep in mind that i like to keep this team elfballing and elfbowling. So I play most games vs fast&agile teams, facing bashers every once in a while when the elf population grows too much. I don't want your opinion about that, i just enjoy it this way.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: May 26, 2010 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure Hands? (Both for collecting the ball after downing the carrier and for protecting it against Strip Ball)
Celyn

Post   Posted: May 26, 2010 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I say Shadowing. And, if I may add, I strongly feel that Frenzy over Guard was a severe mistake.
zakatan

Post   Posted: May 26, 2010 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Celyn wrote:
I say Shadowing. And, if I may add, I strongly feel that Frenzy over Guard was a severe mistake.

when i was adviced to give him frenzy to his predecessor I was skeptical too, but it proved to be so useful to me that when the other died (turn 1 rock apo fail) and this one rolled doubles the game after i replaced my frenzy Lion Warrior.

The problem is i don't roll doubles other than +ST on other positionals, so i have to agree i have a severe lack of guard. Almost 70 games, 5 guards, 1 mighty, 2 frenzy...
maysrill

Post   Posted: May 26, 2010 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd go bland old Tackle.

A) You're planning to elfbowl
B) Tackle only prevents surfs when:
1. Your opponent has dodge
2. Doesn't have sidestep
3. You don't roll on normal Push on the first of the two blocks
C) You're planning to elfbowl

I'm a little iffy on the Frenzy for elf-heavy play. Too many opponents with Blodge/SS can drag your poor frenzier places you don't want him to go. Tackle will help with that. For similar reasoning, the ability to surf things goes way down when your opponent can cover the side areas with sidesteppers.

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
Reisender

Post   Posted: May 26, 2010 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

tackle/frenzeh is good as maysrill says

shadowing is nice but will suffer for not having tackle

sure feet is one of the best and most underrated skills - saves the RR for the surfage
Jeffro

Post   Posted: May 26, 2010 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm with Maysrill... at least on the tackle part. (Frenzy is fun... and he's got sidestep, so he's not gonna be surfed without major intervention)

Nothing is more frustrating than your star not being able to take down a basic blodge lino with the ball 3 paces from scoring. Tackle. It won't hurt on your surfs as much as it will help on other key blitzes.
PeteW

Post   Posted: May 26, 2010 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Leap for more options on scaring your opponents with elaborate surfs.

If you are sensible, you would rarely leap with him, but the threat would be an amazing tactical fear generator.

Post   Posted: May 26, 2010 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:

If you are sensible, you would rarely leap with him, but the threat would be an amazing tactical fear generator.

he he i like this one!

Here comes the fear
Reisender

Post   Posted: May 26, 2010 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

you should get copyright on "tactical fear generator" Very Happy
Nachtogen

Post   Posted: May 26, 2010 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Tackle for sure

Post   Posted: May 26, 2010 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:

\o/
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: May 26, 2010 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

When playing DE, I give the first witch that doesn't roll doubles until the 2nd skill leap (after block) to surf to the max. So I endorse the leap suggestion.

Also did you know, that any injury roll made to see the effect of a surf gains a +2 modifier if leap has been used to surf. Similar to fouling while holding the ball.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: May 26, 2010 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Jeffro wrote:
I'm with Maysrill... at least on the tackle part. (Frenzy is fun... and he's got sidestep, so he's not gonna be surfed without major intervention)

Nothing is more frustrating than your star not being able to take down a basic blodge lino with the ball 3 paces from scoring. Tackle. It won't hurt on your surfs as much as it will help on other key blitzes.

He already has 4 tackles on the team (including a Str 4 player), so whilst it could still be useful, he is not exactly going to be snookered without it on the Lion.
Diddyboy

Post   Posted: May 26, 2010 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

leap
 Jump to: