78 coaches online • Server time: 20:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
calgar1728

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2010 - 03:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a wood elf team that is quite old and has become over-extended TR (264) vs FF (14) wise and I'm looking for help and advice as to how to best get them down to size where they can be playable again.

The team is: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=106858

I don't know the money rolls off the top of my head but I'm guessing that the team will only make 10-30k each game at this point which just isn't enough to replenish numbers. Of the 6 injuries (-ag on tree pffff Very Happy) I'm not sure which to retire.

The +ST/MB is a huge plus but obviously -av/niggle is a big negative because he will miss games and leave the pitch frequently.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=1207964

I don't think the -ma wardancer is a big deal, but I should fire the niggle surely?
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=2252074

The #3 blode lino aged his niggle which is unfortunate - fire?
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=2270620

But what about the blodge/kick -ag http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=1207959 and blodge/guard -av http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=1207961?

I also have a healing potion but I figure its best to save it for a legend or some +st +st +ag +ag monster.

Anyways, thanks for your help! Smile
Roseph

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2010 - 03:59 Reply with quote Back to top

play me and my Irrational Khem I ll trim them Very Happy
Relezite

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2010 - 04:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Much better to just pick fights with brutal teams then fire guys.
tzilacatzin

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2010 - 04:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I'd start with Yen and Tess, and drop a reroll. I always hate nigglers on my teams, but the +ST/MB lino I'd hang onto, at least until the other injured players are dealt with. The -AV guys you may want to use on LoS until they are eliminated for you. Keep the kicker and the tree (of course keep the tree). I'd probably retire the -ma wardancer down the road, but I'd do that more for taking NoS over MB/frenzy.

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2010 - 04:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Relezite wrote:
Much better to just pick fights with brutal teams then fire guys.

I don't understand the logic.. ? By choosing I can fire the liabilities who have become inflated and do not pull their weight TS wise, while 'brutal teams' may kill/maim uninjured players that remain useful and would be best kept otherwise.
Resarf

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2010 - 05:32 Reply with quote Back to top

what are they useful for if you don't put the team to the test?
T_Witch

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2010 - 05:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Yen definitely needs to go...as do both dancers. I'd do the dancers one at a time though starting with the niggler. I agree with the group on keeping the st4 niggler for now. The -av on the guard is going to be a liability too but at least he's blodged. Keep him for last...odds are he'll get killed or broken further before you get to replacing him anyway.
Mossbeard

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2010 - 06:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I would fire the +St/MB guy right away, fire the niggled wardancer as soon as you have the cash to replace him and keep Yen around for Los duty.
calgar1728

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2010 - 07:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the advice - they are down to a slimmer but still fat 209/173 after playing Rackasaur's near 300 TR humans.
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2010 - 08:04 Reply with quote Back to top

calgar1728 wrote:
Thanks for the advice - they are down to a slimmer but still fat 209/173 after playing Rackasaur's near 300 TR humans.

As good a time as any to fire that niggled -av guy. Unless you really think he's worth 20 TR and 15.6 TS of course Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2010 - 08:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
calgar1728 wrote:

As good a time as any to fire that niggled -av guy. Unless you really think he's worth 20 TR and 15.6 TS of course Smile

You think so? I'll be down to 9 for next game and that's basically giving away a free win to whomever I play Confused
Timlagor

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2010 - 08:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Isn't this a woodelf team? You really think you need mroe than 4 to win?

...well ok it's useful to start with more but 9 can definitely still win. Getting below 200TR would be good but of course this is a [R] team so it probably depends on your picking strategy and how good you are at finding/persuading the people you want to play.

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2010 - 11:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Ro wrote:
play me and my Irrational Khem I ll trim them Very Happy

haha i knew this would be the first answer by some khem when i saw the topic Very Happy
maysrill

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2010 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Timlagor wrote:
Isn't this a woodelf team? You really think you need mroe than 4 to win?

THIS!

Wood elves, more than ANY other race, play just fine when shorthanded. Your best options for a shorthanded match are middle-of-the-road teams like necro and humans, who can't outball you even with 6 players on the pitch, and who aren't likely to exterminate your team with a few lucky dice rolls.
 Jump to: