33 coaches online • Server time: 13:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NAF Charity Tourney ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Astarael

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2010 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Thread for recruitment to the EMU, post questions/smack talk here!

EMU Group Page

Also, if anyone is willing to do a logo or has anything cool to add it would be majorly appreciated Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2010 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I has logo. Will post it a little later.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Calcium

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2010 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like fun, im in.

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2010 - 14:30 Reply with quote Back to top

depends...

is this going to turn into the backpatting, cherrypicking douchebag version that Zed started, that was a mockery of everything Bunnypuncher created?

--j

ImageImage
Astarael

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2010 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
depends...

is this going to turn into the backpatting, cherrypicking douchebag version that Zed started, that was a mockery of everything Bunnypuncher created?

--j

I'm open to suggestions on how it's run. I'd prefer it to be closer to the original as opposed to just a haven for cherrypickers, but at the end of the day as long as elves are dying it's all good.

Unfortunatly Bunnypunchers original group doesn't have it's system in the page anymore so it's a bit hard to carbon copy.

Also I'd live to impose some sort of TR/TS limit, to avoid people playing massivly down. How about if it's more than 10TS down it doesn't count? And maybe -5 points per handicap gained?

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2010 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Wasn't about the system Astarael. Was about the coaches. Just kickbanplox the pickers. Better yet... let shadow do it.

__Synn
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2010 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, I am tempted top restart my EMU hunting Elf team Razz

Is it just for Ranked Teams, or can FFB teams get involved?
Astarael

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2010 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

[R] only atm. Can't see FFB working whilst it's still lawless.

It's hard to just grey area a picker though, would be easier for definate rules.

Do you think the no more than 10 TS below, and the handicap penalty work? Should stop picking massivly down or on crippled teams.

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2010 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

A TS system might work, but as I am going to do in the DMU, I wouldn't reccommend modifiers for playing up/down in TS. It just confuses a nice simple scoring system.
Maybe if you only allowed the score to count when playing elves that are higher in TS. Just a suggestion to throw into the pot.

Cherrypicking will always be an issue when hunting elves. The possibility of playing nothing but 'elf' games with a team, pimping them out, tearing elves up and winning this is a real possibility for someone that way inclined. Hopefully said coach would find it hard to get games. I can't imagine that the chaos teams that enter their tooled up with claw/rsc will drown in elf games.....

What little I know of ELF though is that the coaches that play in it are generally made of brave stuff, so games against this crop of elf psycho's will always be possible I guess.....I love the possibility of a cross group grudgematch!

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2010 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, including a rule that if you play more than 10TS down it counts for 0. Leaving out the handicap for now unless it starts getting abused.

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2010 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Award players points equal to half their TS disadvantage. Take points away equal to half their TS advantage.

Make the points awarded scale with the amount of picking an suddenly it doesnt matter if its a grey area or not.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Astarael

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2010 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Except for the people giving +20TS to some rookie coach and then trashing them for a +10 point bonus :/