19 coaches online • Server time: 02:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Possible to disable the chat?
Yes
37%
 37%  [ 24 ]
No
48%
 48%  [ 31 ]
Pie
14%
 14%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 64

Ehlers

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2011 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I read cthol post and understand his feelings. While I dont agree to the concussion thing, then something need to be done.

Would it be possible to be able to disable the chat?
So that you would not have to read the other persons comments? Some people just sit and trash talk while they kill your team. While I dont have a problem with facing such people, do I have to also see their remarks and comments?

So far not many of these people exits, but they do. And it is annoying as hell and destroy the feeling of keep playing BB.

While I have fixed this myself with putting a sticker on my screen to hide the chat, would it be possible to make a function where you could disable the chat?
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2011 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Damn! Are you psychic dude?

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2011 - 13:59 Reply with quote Back to top

While the advantages of SkiJunkie's client over FFB are rather few, it DID let you undock the chat window and shove it wherever you wanted. I had my share of games where I dragged it off-screen to shut someone up. It would be nice to have an on/off button or something in FFB.

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
Afroman

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2011 - 13:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Just make sure the opponent get notified ....
Igvy

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2011 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted no,

I'd much rather such coaches were reported instead.
cthol

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2011 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Ehlers wrote:
I read cthol post and understand his feelings. While I dont agree to the concussion thing, then something need to be done.

In fairness, I was only suggesting concession, not concussion, that seems a little extreme...
Ehlers

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2011 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Damn! Are you psychic dude?

Yes I am Very Happy

@cthol
Ah, my mistake. I cant both be psychic and have a perfect spelling Wink

Igvy wrote:
I voted no,

I'd much rather such coaches were reported instead.

-Personal attacks and excessive abusive language is not accepted. Discussing other people's styles of play does not qualify as personal attacks.
-Offensive language - including but not limited to racism, sexual harassment and religious persecution - is not allowed in any form.

Wow I just killed another of your players. It is kinda stupid of you to not stand up your players from the ground, I will just foul them. Wow I killed another of your players down on the ground. Stand them up so I can blitz them with my AWESOME killer machine. I AM AWESOME. You are just a noob, my skillz clearly shown that. LOL, you dont have a team left. You need to create a better team next time. etc etc. etc.

This won't get you into trouble at least to my experience, else I would guess more players will get reported. And I wont name drop here, but begin to spec some games in B. And you will find this kind of attitude from some people which is just plain irritating to face such people.
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2011 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

concussions for all such coaches!
Kinks

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2011 - 14:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Ehlers wrote:
Wow I just killed another of your players. It is kinda stupid of you to not stand up your players from the ground, I will just foul them. Wow I killed another of your players down on the ground. Stand them up so I can blitz them with my AWESOME killer machine. I AM AWESOME. You are just a noob, my skillz clearly shown that. LOL, you dont have a team left. You need to create a better team next time. etc etc. etc.

Sounds like Studman Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2011 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Kinks wrote:
Sounds like Studman Smile

O RLY?

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
cthol

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2011 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, that kind of chat just sucks all the life out of the game for me. But, maybe it's no different to playing "in character":

Hah, your puny elfs will cower before my dwarfs, we will tackle you off the park.

or

Die, Die for the blood god, we will dine with Khorne tomight.

etc etc

These are all in character, this is how one might expect the chaos coach to behave, jumping up and down on the sideline.

Not sure how to draw a line between the two.

But what really gets me is the people who sit there and threaten noobs (and others - one tried it with me despite my being on the site 8 years...) with stuff like "how dare you stall, I'll get you banned" "if you don't speed up / stand up those guys / stop asking me to be polite I'll report you to the admins"

I mean. I'll just laugh, and go straight into /fumbbladmin and ask someone to spec the game. But someone who doesn't know the rules or how the site is run can be intimidated. It's just rude.

I have started a few threads over the years about rudeness etc, and unfortunately it all seems to come back to the same thing in the end: "it's the internet, what do you expect, I'll behave how I like."

Depressing.

So, I personally feel I should be allowed to simply concede games against rude people because they're rude. Why should I sit there and take it? I know I can report them, but why do I have to put up with rudeness for an hour first?
Grod

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2011 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Isn't this supposed to be as faithful a representation of the board game as possible? Trash talking, mental intimidation and general psychological warfare is an unavoidable part of the RL experience, why should we allow you to escape it online?

Oscar Wilde
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2011 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Thing is, people who act this way IRL don't get into games. People who act this way in BB face no such obstacles.

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2011 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

If you feel someone is being hostile report them to the admin. If they get enough complaints about 1 person I m sure they would act. I dont see the need to disable the chat. Just ignore them and report them if you feel like they are being abusive.

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2011 - 15:09 Reply with quote Back to top

NO, i want to say it takes years of practice to only roll 6 and POWs and know the other guy reads it! Mwoehahaha