19 coaches online • Server time: 04:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kostia

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2011 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, so I'm thinking about starting to play ranked again, after some three year's pause. I have some of my old teams that are somewhat developed, but I don't know if I like them that much.

There's this human team http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=449140 which has 10FF as completely unnecessary bloat and three +MA's which again, I consider unnecessary as the Blitzers would be fast enough anyway but don't have good AG (then again, one has). Also if I would start developing linemen now, they would have Wrestle instead of block. Then on the other hand, having a MA9 player is not useless. Finally, I don't know if I like humans at this point because of the weak and unreliable catchers.

Then there's this Norse team for which I can't buy new players for some reason (because of the illegal players it has I suppose). http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=450122 11FF bloat, and again, some developements I'm not sure I like that much.

Now, I'm not going to retire anything but I don't know if I should just start with a new team. Thoughts?
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2011 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Edit: Maybe I should read the whole posts next time... ignore my advice! Wink

*goes back to the admin corner to hide*

Last edited by Woodstock on %b %09, %2011 - %16:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2011 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Either / or really, according to your taste. I think the Humans actually look pretty good. That FF will even out soon enough, and +MA players are yummy. Plus, Block is still Block. Mmmm, Block.
Loew

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2011 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

both teams still look good under CRP to me, I would just play on with them...but I'm not an experienced Humans or Norse coach..in fact, i really struggle to get my norse team running....
High Movement is still usefull, if the FF is really a big factor, it will quickly adjust itself after a few losses Wink

In the CRP devisions you can only buy new player if your team has the post game status.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2011 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

It's [R] too - you select what you think is fair, remember.

If you think your FF pushes your team to a TV where an 'equally matched' game is unfair, and you can find an opponent that agrees, just play down a bit until it works itself out (not that I'm saying you need to - just blast the +2 PIs Wink).
pythrr

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2011 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

play em both !

long lived teams ftw

yr FF will drop after a few games in any case

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2011 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

play them both, high fanfactor might give you +2 fame meaning more money and better luck at kick offs.
Juff

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2011 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in the same boat, with a lot of my old ranked teams, 18 FF and major bloat, going to be hard to get them into CRP shape.

Your Norse and Humans both look fine for CRP [R] tbh.
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2011 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Humans look good.

Would probably restart norse.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Kostia

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2011 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh right, you can get +2 FAME Smile

Yeah, I think I'll go with the teams as is.

Now I have to remember how do you win without Hypnotic Gaze...
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2011 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

The thing is, 10-11 FF is about where a successful team is going to find itself at anyway. So it's no use worrying about that, because if you win, the TR is headed right back there anyway.

I don't actually know how it works bringing the Norse back into compliance, but I'd say just drop a couple berserkers (the MNG rookie is an easy loss, and... well, is +MA worth 30k to you? Maybe it is, because you've got 2 of them, but losing 1 is not a tough sacrifice. Keep the +ST at all costs, of course.) They're one game away from being able to buy one wolf, and you should have the second wolf a couple games after that.

As for the humans -- well, if you don't like +MA or you don't like humans, that's one thing. I'd say hang on to them, see if you have the urge to play them.

But as far as the FF is concerned, FF is going to hover somewhere between (let's say) 6 and 13 for most teams. And if you're doing well, it's definitely going to be in double digits. So I wouldn't worry about that -- you have no control over it, and you're not going to be giving up more than 3-4 to most opponents anyway.

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
 Jump to: