71 coaches online • Server time: 22:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should I keep with the orcs or change teams
Keep orcs going!!
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
Try something different!!
71%
 71%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 14

adamcieslicki

Post 22 Posted: Oct 15, 2011 - 03:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I have been playing orc teams for a while, and some of them have done better than others. Recently however, my satisfaction with them has gone downhill massively. The question then is, should I move on to a different team or keep on plugging on in the hope that my luck will get better in time?

What do you reckon?

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=664917
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2011 - 03:34 Reply with quote Back to top

You can have 42 teams, play something else and return to the orcs whenever you feel like it.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2011 - 03:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah -- start another team. Start a few more teams. Try different styles of play. Find one that suits you. Learn from the others. Run teams at different TV levels.

Keep the orcs. Go back to the orcs if you want. Retire the orcs if you want. (You wouldn't be the first coach with a couple of losing retired teams from when he first joined FUMBBL.) Hang on to them and try to rebuild some day, if you want. (You wouldn't be the first coach who wished he kept his old losing rookie teams, so he could restore them to respectability after gaining more experience.)

If you're not having fun, treat the game as a learning experience. If you're not learning either, try something else. The more things you try, the more you learn, the more competitive you get, and the more fun it is.

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
adamcieslicki

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2011 - 04:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Just played and won against Skaven. Two skills, one on the goblin and one on a Black Orc Blocker. I chose +AG on the goblin, meaning that he is alone worth 6% of the team I think. Little bit scary. One good game and I like the team again, but I think most of my reason for this thread was simply being fed up with a long losing streak. The idea of starting new teams up is a good one however, and I will most likely carry that piece of advice out.
FreeRange

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2011 - 04:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Come play Blood Bowl Sevens with games that are at least twice as fast as normal games it would give you the opportunity to try out other races without the massive time commitment.

But with that said, if you are having fun doing what you're doing then keep at it. If not then it's time for a change because having fun is what Blood Bowl is all about right?

Well that and killing pixels... but that's a given.
 Jump to: