45 coaches online • Server time: 19:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post A Guide to Finding G...goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Tentacles and Frenzy
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 15:04
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Hello Stunty Leegers!

I played my first ever Stunty game last night (yay me!). I feel like I'm arriving late to a party. It was excellent fun. The care-free attitude to playing is refreshing. I was playing another stunty n00b in the Exploding Cup, and as it was both of our first games I don't know if it played how we'd expected and I wanted to ask a few quick questions.

We'd expected (from what we'd heard) even more carnage than we got. We had 5 or 6 CAS. This could have been down to the teams, but I think it was the weapons getting sent off.

Generally, in Stunty, do people field all weapons all the time or save some for future drives? Do people stall scoring to keep weapons on the field? I didn't and lost my Doomwheel :'(

I also wanted to ask a very nooby question. I got lucky and a mechavermin skilled up. I was thinking Block but wondered if Block is an automatic choice in stunty or whether there's value to going Tackle before Block?

Thank you for your time. Hope to explode your face on the field soon.
Garion

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

tackle is more valuable for inflicting pain, but block gives better protection your call

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I am coming back to the scene and if i play a player like i have just played i doubt i will play again!!

Ment to be fun but i find it hard to have fun when i talk to my self, im a vocal coach i enjoy a chat but when the other coach dont chat it spoils it all and i just talk crap all match.

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Dan-Da-Man wrote:
I am coming back to the scene and if i play a player like i have just played i doubt i will play again!!

Ment to be fun but i find it hard to have fun when i talk to my self, im a vocal coach i enjoy a chat but when the other coach dont chat it spoils it all and i just talk crap all match.

I just checked your opponents profile and it clearly states that he can't chat in game so that might have been the problem Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

cowhead wrote:
Dan-Da-Man wrote:

I just checked your opponents profile and it clearly states that he can't chat in game so that might have been the problem Very Happy

How long has he been on the site? shouldnt he of fixed the problem by now and you can always click the big white chat box then click tab and chat that way Smile
cowhead

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Dan-Da-Man wrote:
cowhead wrote:
Dan-Da-Man wrote:

How long has he been on the site? shouldnt he of fixed the problem by now and you can always click the big white chat box then click tab and chat that way Smile

From 2006 so he really should have it sorted by now.

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:

Generally, in Stunty, do people field all weapons all the time or save some for future drives? Do people stall scoring to keep weapons on the field? I didn't and lost my Doomwheel :'(

I also wanted to ask a very nooby question. I got lucky and a mechavermin skilled up. I was thinking Block but wondered if Block is an automatic choice in stunty or whether there's value to going Tackle before Block?

Thank you for your time. Hope to explode your face on the field soon.

With regard to stalling, I think it's perfectly in the Stunty Spirit to. The aim of Stunty is mayhem (\o/) and keeping your weapons around for longer fits that.

There is certainly value in Tackle before Block for some players (such as Big Guys), who aren't likely to roll a second double, but I'd go Block on a Mecha as first skill to keep him upright. You wouldn't be criticized greatly for Tackle though, it's personal preference.

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

depends. If you roll a push and a both down against a stunty oppo, will you pick the both down without having block? If so, there's something to be said for tackle first. If not, then take block.

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

BothDown without block = Turnover
Push/Pow without tackle != Turnover

Block is a defensive skill, tackle is not.

Personally I'd take block first every time.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

1. Welcome to Stunty!

2. 5/6 casualties for rookie teams is about average. Once you get a few Tacklers and killers built up the body count gets much higher.

3. For SW, it depends. I field Stikkas all the time and would likely always field bombers too. For deathrollers and saws you might want to be more strategic. You can sometimes save them, but if your bench isn't deep enough you might want to field them anyway. Even when receiving, and with a deep bench, I sometimes field all/most of my SWs (on say Cheaters) and just go for the first half clean out win.

4. Stalling is fine in Stunty. I'll do it sometimes to avoid losing weapons or win a game. Other times I will score if it would be a really long stall and make the game boring. Generally people stall less in Stunty in the non-tournament games to make it more fun, but there is no rule.

5. I would go Tackle. Getting another 10 SPP with Tackle on a Mecha will take about two games, less if you get a few good injury rolls. Unless blitzing, etc, I would also hit with him last and take both down if you don't get a POW or Stumble result.
MRnobody

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

10 AV on mechavermin means you should frequently be taking the both down result.
Tackle first.

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

cowhead wrote:
Dan-Da-Man wrote:
cowhead wrote:
Dan-Da-Man wrote:

From 2006 so he really should have it sorted by now.

Isn't always a case of sorting it. If for example he plays behind a firewall for example that doesn't allow javachat or he's on a laptop that is too small to see the chat.

As for the skill, I wouldn't worry, these things skill up like crazy and you'll have the other skill in no time.

Edit:
Just looked who it is, and it is in fact that he plays on a laptop that's too small to see the chat, and yes he's tried every fix available.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

You can actually still type in chat without seeing the bar. Click the text area where chat appears, hit TAB, type. That said, if he doesn't talk he doesn't talk. No big deal.

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 16:16
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the input. I think I will go tackle. My thinking was like a few have said, that provided it wasn't crucial I wouldn't mind going both down with av10 and so tackle is giving me 3 options for knocking over a stunt, especially a ball carrier or at a crucial time.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you made the right choice, especially for the tournament setting. A 50% chance per die to take down a ball carrier and likely stun him is better than a 33% chance.