9 coaches online • Server time: 03:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post need some practicegoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is Piling On too Much for Stunty?
Yes
19%
 19%  [ 12 ]
No
37%
 37%  [ 23 ]
Oh god! Again?!
24%
 24%  [ 15 ]
Clawpie
19%
 19%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 62

member1234

Post   Posted: May 30, 2013 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh god not again I hear you cry! Try and bear with me. (I'm sorry if HM sees this and despairs, but it's fairly different to the other nonsense, and written in good faith to improve Stunty!)

I play a damned bashy side, one with access to two GSM players (Nurglings) and after a fair few games now, most of them having only *one* such player available, I've begun to feel that Piling on is just too much for Stunty. (Thankfully the division has *some* routes to address it!)

We all know the endless debates that have raged elsewhere, but consider than in Stunty effectively *every* player has MB and Claw as standard (not quite given Stunty doesn't work on the armour roll, but you get my point). Add on the fact you can get "another" Mighty Blow, and that many players are av6 (or 5!) and things really do get silly.

Stunty is meant to be more bloody, but games decided even moreso by these players alone, and how they roll, than in regular BB makes some matches just horrible. General access BGs were removed for being too killy (ok, and to focus more on the little guys) but I feel this is even worse.

Some stats (for knock-downs, to simplify):

Take the colours. Blue: A normal Stunty player (av7/6) when downed has as much chance to go off/get injured, pretty much, as a 'regular' player facing claw and MB.

Purple: Look at the removal percentages when you go to Piling on though. With just Piling On, you have a regular BB CLPOMBer effectively, with PO and MB you have something even more effective than the "broken" Combo in Regular BB. An aprox. 70~80% Chance to remove a player from the field! With just MB it's approx 40-50% chance, which in itself is nasty enough, but that's a huge jump. (Again, these aren't actual stats as you have to actually block, but gives you the idea of comparative effectiveness)

Now look at some of the players who have S access, a lot of them have General as well (Plaguebearers, Mechavermin, Crypt Ghouls etc.) or start with MB (Squigs). Stunty has some other oddities though, block is rare so these players are even more effective.

Proposals

• Easiest is just to remove it entirely. Block and Tackle is nasty in Stunty, Block Tackle, Mighty blow should be nasty enough. Piling on just goes too far.

• Limit Access: Allow it only on BGs or ST5+ (Probably easiest coding wise to remove it from the player's choice?) Quite fluffly as well. Need that bulk, and the risk of putting such a player in the foul zone, very stunty.

• Make it a double only skill (less of a nerf of course, but would limit it a bit)

I don't know how feasible these are, is S access in the site is just one master list, or if you can add a simple exclusion to stunty players etc. but that's getting way way ahead of things. I could be a lone voice in this. Wink

Teams heavily effected would be Gnomes, Nurglings (both arguably too strong at High TV I think anyway) Strigs and Squigs & Skyre (likely they would need a boost after this change). Only to a lesser extent teams with players with G, but not S, access as it is a second double.

Thoughts? I've not seen many people up in arms about this, so maybe it's not an issue, but I've been mulling over it for a while. Am I talking out my Arse? Have we not seen enough high TV games? Folks generally agree?

I was going to leave this until after the FCC, but think it a good idea to get in in peoples' minds when playing a fair number of high TV games, just to give it some thought.

Last edited by member1234 on %b %30, %2013 - %22:%May; edited 1 time in total
member1234

Post   Posted: May 30, 2013 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Alternative view for info.
Corvidius

Post   Posted: May 30, 2013 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I think with almost everyone having dodge, having chainsaws, bombs or some other Shtick it's fine. Tackle and Tentacles are more annoying in my mind.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: May 30, 2013 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I see it. I really don't think it's that terribly important. Those Cas are 2/3 likely to be Badly Hurt, so it's not a team-breaker. And benches in Stunty tend to be deep, while pow results are a bit less common given the ubiquity of Dodge. My POMB-happy Squigs do a ton of damage, but their win rate isn't any better than my no-Wyrm Tzeentch, or for that matter almost every other team I play in any division.

Post   Posted: May 30, 2013 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

yes, PO is bloody stupid

we KNOW

Post   Posted: May 30, 2013 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I see the point, but no, I don't think it's much of an issue. For me, spamming DT is what sucks all the fun out of a game. But I do like the only on Big Guys idea though.

Post   Posted: May 30, 2013 - 22:37
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

if i recall harvestmouse correctly from some random past forum post, tackle-mb has better cas chances than pomb in stunty.
Motskari

Post   Posted: May 30, 2013 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

There is counter skill for piling on. Dirty player. Foul them piling on monsters.
Lorebass

Post   Posted: May 30, 2013 - 22:58
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

and in stunty, DP works all the better!
member1234

Post   Posted: May 30, 2013 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

DP is doubles for most though, so that counter is harder. I was thinking along the lines that a lot of the players who get S access, also have G (Block, Tackle) and aren't Stunty themselves. PO by itself isn't so nasty, it's combining the 'stack' with things as they are in Stunty. Tackle MB being > PO, MB is fine, but the potential of blackle, MB, PO is obscene. (Even when just compared to blackle, MB)

Lower AV, lack of much block on what you hit, Stunty and Block/Tackle access.

All that adding to a combo that already leaves some feeling it is broken 'normally'. (This coming from someone who has only ever played Chaos, and who plays Nirglings in Stunty! Not like I'm the 'injured' party jaja).

Still, if folks feel it's fine and the stats hold true to that then I'll meander off. Just don't want to see Nurglings and Gnomes dominating higher TV play and, more importantly, games boiling down, solely, to who rolls the hottest Cas dice faster.

Oh and, for pythrr:

/emo

;D

Last edited by member1234 on %b %30, %2013 - %23:%May; edited 1 time in total
Motskari

Post   Posted: May 30, 2013 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

And after looking your Malefic Putrescences played games, only piling on you have encountered in your last 12 matches is one gnome slayer. Stopped playing teams with piling on because they can hurt your precious pixels? Not to mention 7 rookie teams.

I think you shouldn´t cry about this and accept that in stunty every pixels purpose is to get hurt. And start playing against some real teams.

edit:spelling
member1234

Post   Posted: May 30, 2013 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, that isn't down to me. Wink

I never challenge teams, pretty much (the odd time I'll tick up everything and see), because I feel my team is too nasty (going back for ~20 or more games now, perhaps longer), tended to try and stick to 1700+ when I did though. I pretty much just accept when someone wants to take them on which doesn't happen too often (Though coming back to inactivity screen isn't much of a help, oh for a challenge beep!), I can't recall the last time I saw a developed team challenge them, even when there are several in the 1700-2050 or so range hanging around. (and I fully understand why).

I actually wager that as a case that people don't want to touch a team with the stack themselves either, as there's a good chance they'll shred anything developed whereas rookie/induced stars don't matter. I know a few teams I've played before wouldn't touch my guys again in any case.
Araznaroth

Post   Posted: May 31, 2013 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

My vote; Oh god! Again?
My view; nothing is too much for stunty. The more mayhem the better. Smile
Nightbird

Post   Posted: May 31, 2013 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Well there's your invitation Motskari, now man up & let us know when the match will be played. Wink

P.S. Moar love for Clawpie!
Just make sure not to order a side of POMB! Laughing

Post   Posted: May 31, 2013 - 02:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I love it, but keep in mind both my core stunty teams have a Claw/MB/Block/PO guy.

I want mayhem when I play stunty.
 Jump to: