34 coaches online • Server time: 01:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mr_Random

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2013 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi I have played a lot of cyanide blood bowl and was recently told about fumbbl and the stunty leeg which I joined with a team of squig herders. The only problem is that despite spending a lot of time searching in the gamefinder I cannot find a team with a TV anywhere near as low as mine. I'm at 980tv and the lowest tv I have seen is 1350tv. If anyone has a team that is sub 1100tv and wants to play a game or two please let me know.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2013 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

If you have a way to access IRC, try the stunty leeg channel there!

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2013 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll keep my eye out for you. Welcome to FUMBBL and the Stunty Leeg!
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2013 - 01:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't worry too much about TV. Inducements are pretty wild in SL, and often give the underdog the advantage. Also if you're playing Squigs, the dice you roll will have a major impact too.

Just take the match ups that interest you.
OTS

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2013 - 03:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Happened to play this guy in ranked. Good conversation and fun to play against even though the dice weren't going his way. Welcome aboard.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2013 - 04:33 Reply with quote Back to top

ignore TV in stunty. inducements make a huge difference, and make the game fun

just play games!

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2013 - 11:45 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
I wouldn't worry too much about TV. Inducements are pretty wild in SL, and often give the underdog the advantage. Also if you're playing Squigs, the dice you roll will have a major impact too.

Thanks for the advice I will jump into some games at a tv disadvantage. I was unsure how powerful inducements were in stunty an didn't want to risk playing a game where I am unable to do anything against a vastly superior team Smile
Mr_Random

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2013 - 11:47 Reply with quote Back to top

oneturnscore wrote:
Happened to play this guy in ranked. Good conversation and fun to play against even though the dice weren't going his way. Welcome aboard.

Yeh that was a fun game, orcs vs undead is always a bad match up for me especially when I get bad dice but you were fun to play against.
Diddyboy

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2013 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to fumbbl
kwiller10

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2013 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

how do I actuallty play a game
?
Rabe

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2013 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi kwiller,

check out the Quick Start Guide and the help section, I think that should do. Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2013 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

kwiller10 wrote:
how do I actuallty play a game
?
In Ranked? There are two ways.

If you just want a game, go to game/gamefinder, check the boxes for the (ready) teams you want to play, and click "look for games": if anybody is on within your team's TV range, you'll see them. If you scroll over a matchup and click the green button, it will turn the matchup green for your opponent. If you click on a green matchup, you'll get a new screen confirming that you both greenlighted the matchup and you want to play before it launches the Java program.

If you want a specific game, say against a friend or something, or a scheduled tournament round, schedule it with them, and when ready hit "play" (or "resume" if it's a tournament game). The client will ask you for a game name: agree on one with your opponent in advance. It's okay to play your friends in Ranked, provided that you and they both already know how to play, you don't play two games back to back, and you don't play more than about 10% of your games against them. I prefer to get about half my games this way, both because I've got a pretty good rolodex of good coaches to play (takes a long time to get through it), and because there's a bug that doesn't let the client display your logo unless you give your game a name.

I'd like to ask if you're just new here or if you're new to BB.

If you're a TT or Cyanide coach, I recommend making a couple teams for Blackbox and for Ranked, and figuring out which way you'd rather get games. Both have their advantages, but for regular play, Box or Ranked is the way to go. Then, after you get a handle on the client, find a league to play in and start messing around in League and Stunty: Stunty is wacky fun, League has lots of different formats and options.

If you're new to Blood Bowl, first read the rulebook, then make a League team and join the 145 Club. After you've had your butt kicked by low-ranked coaches and good coaches with Halfling teams in a division that doesn't count against your "Coach Rating" (not that anyone cares) and where your win rate can be broken out, make a Ranked team, and get your butt kicked by good coaches with good teams until you learn how to fight back.

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2013 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Random wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:

Thanks for the advice I will jump into some games at a tv disadvantage. I was unsure how powerful inducements were in stunty an didn't want to risk playing a game where I am unable to do anything against a vastly superior team Smile

Well that still maybe the case. It could also be the case where you play a team over 1000 TV up on you, and you wipe the floor with them in 5 turns.

Stunty isn't very predictable, and you have the most unpredictable roster of the lot. If that is your worry, Squigs isn't a great choice. They either eat their opponents or eat themselves.
 Jump to: