45 coaches online • Server time: 12:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Meat Grinder Season ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2013 - 07:51 Reply with quote Back to top

My 7-2-1 Pro Halfling team (because Halfling Pros feels odd to me), the Greenfield Rumblers has 10 matches played and I wanted to give my impression of the team based on my games and the games (which are many) that I've spectated.

Overall, they seem well balanced. The do tend to shine at low TV, which is, I believe, what most of us expected from the roster list. They actually perform better than expected IMO at higher TV, although both of my ties have come in the last few games (but one was a tie due to crazy luck for me, and one was for crazy luck by my oppo).

The Mootguard are stellar. The ST3 Pro combo really accentuates their bash potential. 3D blocks are common, and with the 50% rr they can rack up KOs and CAS. The Stand Firm causes a lot of problems for opposing teams, especially when combined with Block, which I've seen quite a bit. They should probably be more expensive for what they give the team. I haven't seen any teams exploit their Agility access, but I just added Diving Tackle to my junior MG. I think it will help nicely.

Punters, at first, seemed like a bit of a waste. I started with only one and haven't felt the need for a second. My first skill choice was Leader, and really couldn't imagine a better non-stat, non-double selection. After a few games however (including the infamous Punter-cas-missile-score-to-tie-in-the-last-two-turns match) during which the Punter's HMP was critical, I've come to think Punters could play a decent roll on the team.

Catchers are the stars though. Mine rock, and I hunt them mercilessly when I play against PFling teams. They are capable of the most astounding plays and if you take them out, their offense becomes much more difficult.

It's the Borrowers that perplex me the most however. The NOS/ Dump-off combo just seems a waste. I have yet to develop, or see developed, any Borrower that effectively makes use of these skills. They either need Passing access (which would argue against the Punters having it, and there really isn't any reason for them to IMO) or lose the two skills for G access (and a cost increase) or some other skill set.

I have been looking forward to new Stunty teams for a VERY long time (still am honestly, but I'm a fanatic). Although PFlings wouldn't have been my first choice, I have found them very fun to play. I've had good success with the team, others...have not. As I said, they seem reasonably balanced even if the Borrowers feel a bit odd.

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2013 - 08:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Played against pro halflings once. Do not think that it is a good indication of the team's ability though. They do break easy (15 CAS - cleared pitch even with 3 Apoth). Anyway, it was a fun game for me Razz
Roland

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2013 - 08:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Azure wrote:
Played against pro halflings once. Do not think that it is a good indication of the team's ability though. They do break easy (15 CAS - cleared pitch even with 3 Apoth). Anyway, it was a fun game for me Razz

some TV diff there Very Happy
nice items on your team btw, where did you get them?
Roland

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2013 - 09:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I dunno, haven't played with mine yet, but played against.
They're kind of squishy, just like c-flings. And with only one big guy it's tough to win the bash war...
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2013 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

C-Flings (in a stunty sense) are squishy? I'd say they're one of the heavier teams.

Of course Pro Flings shouldn't be winning many bash wars. Sigmar's feedback is very good.

Remember that this roster is brand new (and with no test at all). So the fact it's fun to play and fairly well balanced is a great thing.

Another great thing is that no roster is set in stone. Sigmar's negative points are well worth bringing up when the next round of changes happen.
Roland

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2013 - 11:06 Reply with quote Back to top

C-flings are still av6.
I've cleared them off the pitch a few times...
GronxWild

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2013 - 11:09 Reply with quote Back to top

i like the nos-do skills, just more fun Smile more PRO!!
Roland

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2013 - 11:10 Reply with quote Back to top

and more leap!
there's so much DT at high TV!
Roland

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2013 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

btw, I had a p-fling tree TTM on top of my BC yesterday Very Happy
never seen a direct hit!
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3493709 (turn 2 first half)
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2013 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

good write up. I have to agree about the borrowers really. Strip ball is useful, but that aside they dont offer much at all really.

I think the hot pot needs a major buff though, Really Stupid means you have to stick a player next to him to get any use out of it at all. and as he is St1 with no block or dodge, he is sooo easy to knock over. So you need to keep him back, this essentially means you are keeping two of your own players out of the game just to throw bombs. Or you are keeping him near the action which invariably means he will end up on the floor.

Ma1 means he doesnt stand up very easily either. And take root has a couple fo bugs some to do with the bombs and another just not losing take root when going prone. I found him utterly useless to be honest. Which is very sad.

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2013 - 12:44 Reply with quote Back to top

the chef should be 150K for them Sad
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2013 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:
Azure wrote:

some TV diff there Very Happy
nice items on your team btw, where did you get them?

The Paladins won the Fighting Cockerel Classic, the previous major before the Stunty Cup. Those prizes were cooked up for the winner.

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2013 - 19:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar is never going to stop bringing up the fling missle that badly hurt my ball carrier. What am I saying, it was pretty awesome.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2013 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Well...yeah. He splatted your ball carrier, did a full-gainer to land on his feet, grabbed the ball, and scooted in for the last second tie. Harvin 'Big Foot' Albrecht is a freaking hero.

He also got killed on the last turn of the next match. \o/

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2013 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

My Borrower finally has a decent role after rolling +AG (Woooooooaaahhhh!). Before that they're Meh (NOS + Dump Off + Stunty sucks). Mootguards are Awesome (doubly if they get Block!). The rest of the team is...well...flings. I'd still love to see them get something (to keep them on the field).
 Jump to: