20 coaches online • Server time: 08:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post My 1st Blackbox tour...goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you want to see this team come to life?
Yes!
36%
 36%  [ 8 ]
Yes but I have this suggestion (explain)
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
No, it's no good
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Get yourself a girlfriend, Crook
45%
 45%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 22

Crook666

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2013 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Lately someone was talking about new stunty rosters, so I spent some time on this idea. I think what we need are more undead rosters in Stunty (we only have Strigs), but I also was interested in mixing this idea with technology. So I present you the technomancers, with a poll! I also created some icons, they are not so good but they can help you in having an idea of the players. Vote them if ya wanna see them on the pitch one day!

Technomancers (FLUFF)

They built laboratories under graveyards. They spent centuries working there, hidden from the world, feared by everyone, despised by both wizards and scientists. They cut, butchered, sewed, created unholy formulas, they tore limbs apart and welded them to dead bodies. Using both black magic and science they created monsters able to play Blood Bowl, teams ready to take over Stunty Leeg with violence and no regrets. They are the Technomancers, half black sorcerers, half engineers. They can manipulate the elemental powers of the afterlife and force them to possess metal and flesh, creating horrible hybrids half-monsters and half-machines. Beware them! They are here! And if you die on the pitch they will stole your corpse and work on it to turn you into one of their players!

Apothecary: yes (or not?)
Rerolls: 55K (110k after team creation)

0-10 Moot Zombies (50k)

[4/2/3/6]
[Stunty/Dodge/Regeneration]
[A]

These are dead halflings resurrected by the technomanchers using their basic powers. They are used as linemen and food for the Frankenghouls.

0-2 Mechaspectres (70K)

[6/2/3/7]
[Stunty/Dodge//Foul Appearance/Hypnotic Gaze/Regeneration/Big Hand]
[A/M]

These ghosts suffered a mysterious, unholy process of transformation. Their essence was trapped in metal scrap pieces by the technomancers, so now these restless souls are melted with iron and steel. They are horrible to see, they can hypnotize and regenerate. Also, the technomancers provided them a giant iron hand useful to grab the ball in every possible situation. As they are partially made of metal pieces, the technomancers can modify them adding something, hence the M access.

0-1 Pyrogolem (80K)

[4/3/3/9]
[Bombardier/Foul Appearance/Decay]
[S/M]

Ah, the Pyrogolem! Technomancers created steel skeletons around resurrected corpses, then using the magic of fire they set flames to the flesh, turning these poor dead into mechanical living torches. They can spit globes of fire and yes, they are horrible to see! But the high temperature of the burning flesh has a weird reaction with the metallic pieces, it consumes and weaken them, so they suffer decay. Like the mechaspectres, they can be modified too.

0-2 Steam Corpses (65k)

[5/2/2/8]
[Stunty/Mighty Blow/Thick Skull/Stand Firm]
[G]

These are dead bodies, not zombies. They haven't been resuscitated, they stay dead. They have been modified with a steam engine that allows them to move, with pipes that run into their muscles like tendons and veins. The steam power allows them to hit with strength, and they are hard to push back due to the heavy boiler they carry on their back.

0-1 Frankenghoul (120k)

[5/5/2/9]
[Mighty Blow/Bloodlust/Claw]
[S/M]

Genetics, black magic and engineering created these monsters from simple ghouls. They have a steel claw able to tear apart flesh and bones, they are strong and fearful, but their brain is permanently damaged and the ancient hunger of the ghouls they were is now turned into an obsession. They must eat dead flesh, they can't help it, so often in the middle of a game they feed on moot zombies. Like mechaspectres and pyrogolems, they can be modified.

Last edited by Crook666 on %b %26, %2013 - %16:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
CastleMan

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2013 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

yes, and yes.
Raughri

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2013 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know much about roster balance but for the fluff I'd say the pyrogolems, steamcorpses and frankenghoul should all have 'no hands'. Also not sure two players should have Clawpomb access. The steamcorpses should probably have S access instead of G access. Finally no apo and regen & decay across the board - just for the fluff?
Mossbeard

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2013 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the fluff behind this team and the icons are great but the team is very overpowered.

Very similar to Strigs except with regen instead of thick skull on fodder.

Then instead of crypt ghouls you get Mechaspectres, Steam Corpses and Pyrogolem, none of which have any negatraits and all of which have equal or better armour.

The Frankenghoul is only slightly better then a Strig Lord.

The Steam Corpses starting with Mighty Blow and having General skill access will become way too powerful of players.

This team is overpowered and would dominate stunty without some major modifications.

I think that the team should have no apo, the Frankenghoul should be av8, the Steam Corpses should lose General access and be av7, the Pyrogolem should gain Secret Weapon and be av8 and the Mechaspectres should lose Mutation access and be av6.
baelnic

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2013 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted get yourself a girlfriend not because I don't like the roster or the fluff (I like it although I think it needs a bit of downward tweeking) but because I think you deserve another girlfriend Smile
Rog

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2013 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks amazing but needs a bit of a nerf imo.
First of all the linos should lose 1 AG as they are basicly Zeds, Mini-Zeds, adding [M] on doubles would give some more flavour to them.
The Mechaspectres look like fun Runners, they seem fine, the Pyrogolem does aswell (aside from dat AV).
The Corpses definitely are too strong atm. I would suggest removing on 1 AG (like on the mecha, to avoid the ballcarriage). Then inate MB with [G] access seems insane to me but I'm unsure how to solve this. Shifting to [S] and/or removing MB might solve it, adding 1 STR (and maybe a SW roll?) might be the way to show their hearty punch.
The removal of 1 AG also goes for the BG, "Oh, his first 6 SPP... I'll give him Extra Arms and laugh at the opponent!".
I'd also say Regen for everyone but the Pyro and Spectres and remove the Apo. (How can a ghost regenerate?)
PS: Go with Mossbeards armor suggestions.
Naru1981

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2013 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the rosta. But like was said, is too much like strigs.

Bomber doesn't need AV9.
Why not just make as a ghost team?
So could have spectre (or however you spell it?)
shade
ghosts (lino)
and other things i'm not clever enough to think of

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2013 - 19:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Pyrogolem, Steam Corpse and Frankenghoul need nohand. How About giving Frankenghoul not a Saw instead of Claw (and u can choose which Arm to Attack he use)? Steam Corpse AG1 and of I think there dont have to be faster as the Fodder also giving em MA4.
Specters be to low-priced think 100k will be fair about these Skills at start ot no rege and 70k.
Also give them an Necromant indeed an Apo, so u can raise Dead.
 Jump to: