46 coaches online • Server time: 14:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
noxnoctum

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2015 - 03:11 Reply with quote Back to top

So this is an issue that plagues me in all too many games: If I fail in forcing a turnover in a couple turns following a kickoff (playing DE and Skaven exclusively atm) my team will frequently get separated into small chunks and battered into submission. I set up as many solid 2d blocks as possible and try to keep my GRs/Witch elves out of the line out of fire as much as possible, but it frequently still is not nearly enough. Any suggestions?
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2015 - 03:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Like a clenched fist you squeeze your opponent's shape; forcing, constricting, teasing, tempting. The tools are manifold, the rewards immense. Cackle with glee as you feint left, reverse right, then drive left again as his slow-footed minions stagger back and forth like drunken sailors in a squall. The reverse also holds; defend like a Zen cloud, fall back, maintain touch at arm's length, resist temptation of the easy block (the curse of the jejune!), hold to the truths and importance of the cover move. Bend like the supple willow, then strike like the cobra. All is revealed.

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2015 - 03:19 Reply with quote Back to top

(Besides the obvious "KAM"?)

Play some games on FUMBBL so people can watch your replays?

Seriously, the issue could lie anywhere, from something as core as faulty team-skill choice to anti-picking your opponents, or far more subtle and ineffable.

Play some games here, let's see you in action. Cool

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
happygrue

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2015 - 03:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say watching some games is the best way to soak up some of that style of play stuff. Find a few folks with 60-70%+ win rates in the races you're looking at and friend them and watch their games with those races (or any races!). The Legend or Super Star tag can be helpful, but I think win % is probably the better predictor of people who are making the fewest mistakes with pitch control. This is not to say they will be the best people, just that you'll probably learn a lot from watching such games.

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2015 - 04:24 Reply with quote Back to top

For rats..rafadavila

ahalfling

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2015 - 05:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not actually sure why getting split up is a real big problem for rats or DEs? Is that not the game plan? The elves and GRs can dodge out, and you might get an advantage blocking in 1-3 vs. 1-3 player groups, whereas getting trapped in a big scrum in the middle would be disastrous for either of them.

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
Roland

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2015 - 08:34 Reply with quote Back to top

don't let the oppo block you too much
and mark prone players
should be a good start...

oh, and play here so we can watch.
Elyoukey

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2015 - 12:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't fear to loose your players. This is bloodbowl we are talking about, if you want to benefit from the full power of your witches they will be in danger at some point. l.

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2015 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Preferably after they surfed somebody, and the one which brings danger will be surfable next to the sideline if not for the pow.

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2015 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

More pass-block?

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2015 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

+1 to all the people who say check out the replays of good coaches.

Try in a few games as well conceding ground slowly. Position in front of your opponent's cage with a x..x..x..x formation repeated over two lines. Then use your AG4 dark elves to try and give one square a turn and just see if you can slow your opponent down and make them panic.

This might not be the best thing to do in the match you are in. But as an exercise to learn how to control the pitch, I think it is a good one. As it seems you play tabletop you can even set up the figures and just try a few turns of it against yourself so that you can appreciate the dynamic.

There are many more complicated things to do but as a basic principle I think this might be useful.
 Jump to: