37 coaches online • Server time: 14:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
eldritchfox

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2015 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm thinking of trying the following build for my local tournament.

1.1 Mil GP plus seven normal skills. Two normals skills may be swapped for one doubles skill.

Wolf Block MB (110 + 50)
Wolf Block (110 + 20)
Wight Guard (90 + 20)
Wight (90)
Flesh Golem Guard (110 + 20)
Flesh Golem (110)
Ghoul Surehands (70 + 20)
4 Zombies (160)
3 x rr (210)
1 coach, 1 cheer.

I'm hoping the frenzy will act as a pseudo tackle giving two chances for the pow.
The only decision I'm mulling over is whether to drop guard on the wight and give the second wolf dodge(possibly wrestle??) or the ghoul block.

Any feedback welcome
Fabulander

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2015 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks pretty good to me, but I'm definitely no expert on necromantic. If you don't need the killer skills to gain SPP's, maybe MB on the wolf is a big investment? Putting MB on the wight instead could give you more options, like a DP zombie or a tackle wolf. And is my calculator broken, or do you have 20k left to spare? A spare zombie might be a better asset than the coaching staff, especially if you like fouling. Just a couple of thoughts, good luck.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2015 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

That thread title works on so many levels.. xD
Fabulander

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2015 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Oops, you wrote 110, not 120 for the werewolves, I just missed that. Your team adds up nicely.
eldritchfox

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2015 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

@Fabulander I'd not considered putting MB on a wight because Claw MB Frenzy is just dirty fun.
PeteW

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2015 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

If only the rules allowed you to blow 4 normal skills on two doubles and then you could have a ClawPOMB wolf. Mmmm....

Ooo - you could make a clawpomb snow troll without any doubles. This tournament looks ripe for abuse. Shame I'm so far away!

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2015 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I figured that was your reasoning. I thought that blitzing someone down with frenzy/tackle/claw, blocking with MB on the LOS and then jumping in with DP one place or the other might have a bigger damage potential, since you're not trying to accumulate SPPs on the wolf anyway. However, I was also under the impression that you could get an extra zombie, but with no bench and no bribes your idea is probably better.
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2015 - 04:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you need block on the flesh golems for TT. I'm also not sure MB is worth it on the wolf in exchange for two singles. Undead is also the better tabletop team, but if I was going to build your team with the B/MB wolf:

Werewolf Block+Mighty Blow
Wight Guard
Flesh Golem Block
Flesh Golem Block
Ghoul Block

Drop second wolf for more zombies to foul with
licker

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2015 - 05:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Why drop the wolf? Drop the ghoul instead.
hissa-lives

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2015 - 11:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I think if dropping any of the positionals the ghoul is prime target, does mean you're relying on the wolves or wights to score though. plus sure hands is really useful given i actually know your play style I think wrestle on a wolf would be really annoying, taking down ball carrier always makes you giggle!
Tripleskull

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2015 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

11 players is a to few. There is a case to be made for both 12 and 13.

I don't think the any table is worth it compared to two skills.

You could move MB to the wight and gain an extra block/guard on the golem. That way you would have a weapon against both AV 9 and AV 7 and an extra skill on the all important golem.
Badoek

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2015 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

no Block on Flesh Golems means they'll be used as roadblocks, they'll just tie up important players, just like the zombies so that makes sense.

I don't think I'd get dodge on the wolf. Then again, if you have a ghoul your opponent has two targets for his Tackle player(s) instead of just one.

@PeteW: Norse only get 5 skills so quite a risky plan to invest two skills in the Troll.

@hissa-lives: eldritchfox giggles about pretty much everything.

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2015 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

@Badoek, he doesn't when he's losing!
Badoek

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2015 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

true, that's when he starts whining, thanks for reminding us.

I also think licker has a point btw, IF you want to drop a positional you should probably drop the ghoul. And I like ghouls (unlike licker I think).

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2015 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't like ghouls on low tv necro. That is true.
 Jump to: