17 coaches online • Server time: 06:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post SWL Season CI
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What to do about Sure Hands?
Hire a Thrower
36%
 36%  [ 14 ]
Take SH on a Block Lino
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Neither, carry with the "Wardancer"
18%
 18%  [ 7 ]
Hire some freakin' BOBs already
21%
 21%  [ 8 ]
Key Lime Pie
18%
 18%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 38

JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2015 - 02:23 Reply with quote Back to top

K, so Greener Than Most lost its Thrower recently, and I've already run afoul of Strip Ball. Which is the lesser evil? Do I suffer the slings and arrows of AV8, or do I carry with a SH Lino? Or do I suffer for awhile and feed Malachite the Orc Wardancer until he gets SH at Legend? If he gets SH at Legend, over Strip, Tackle, Guard, MB, or a double or stat… assuming he makes it to Legend at all.

I'm leaning to the second option: P access isn't great on this team, and AV9 across the board is sure nice at the TVs we play at. I could see a good carrier track in Block, SH, KOR, Fend, and like Tackle or something if he gets normals at Super-Star. 'Course, by then I might cycle him.

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2015 - 02:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally with this style team, I'd play a bigger roster (since you're over 1400k) and have a dedicated fouler or 2 and then some utility skills. Maybe a frenzy to keep things a bit more central, and stuff like that.

I'd personally use a thrower if the fluff allows it, it surely would make things more fun, and it's not like the win % is bad.

Team for me is crying out for some more guard. Dwarfs would maul a team like this, and maybe even ogres on a good day! That Orc blitzer looks especially good on a team like this, possibly.....make the apo personal to him only.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2015 - 02:35 Reply with quote Back to top

My Frenzy guy was fun, want another one. I've not taken a ton of Casualties, but I've had a lot of retirements and deaths, mostly among linos, so I haven't really had the chance to build too many good ones at once.

Hmm. If I hire a Thrower, that puts me at 1660k, with 13 players. Figure my Blodge/Guard/MB Blitzer and a Lino are about to go up, so I'll be roughly a 1670-1710k team if I do this after the next match. These guys can play at that level, I think. On the other hand, if I work to skill a lino to Block/SH and stay at 12 menz, that puts me at about 1620k-1660k. I don't think the difference matters much, so you're maybe right. I'm seriously seeing all three sides to this one.

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2015 - 02:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, I'd get Kelly skilled and give him/her DP. Then up the fouling game. I think teams that are lino heavy, need to play a heavier fouling game. I'd also work on getting a second DP.

Keeping a kicker of course is also important. So probably having an idea on who would get kick if that one dies.

When Peridot or Veridian skill, I'd go frenzy, this with your leaper should hopefully make your opponents more wary on offence.

Obviously stats over ride these skills and lino doubles shout guard to me. I think all this is probably more important than a thrower. Malachite is a better runner than any other thrower could ever be and could take another 15 skills easy without ever being bloat. However I think a thrower would add more fun rather than success.
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2015 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted to get some BoBs but okay so you aren't going to

I think you need throwers because you need all the positionals you can get, make use of leader and sure hands and allow the linemen to develop. One personal opinion is a lot of wrestle on your linemen might be a good idea, bring players down to allow he blitzers more of a roaming ability

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2015 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont play orcs, but if I did I would start with 1 then lose him as soon as I got a +ag blitzer.
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2015 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Throwers are great value for money
Roland

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2015 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

it's kind of silly that orcs have a thrower, when even the slowest team in the game has got a runner...
I'd say keep scoring with that statfreak or any blitzer that gets +stat
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2015 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

When I have played orcs, my intent was to avoid the lineman, not any player who actually does anything. Have you considered goblins? They balance out the throwers!

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
licker

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2015 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty easy.

You don't have sure hands.

Thrower starts with sure hands.

Done.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2015 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

K. A little surprised at the lack of Thrower-hate. I find they get targeted hard because they're -AV. But I'll take one, run 13 men, get a DP.

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2015 - 02:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Why would you hate a thrower who has sure hands?

I hate all the useless elf throwers who don't have it.

AV8 on orcs isn't worth worrying about either.
thoralf

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2015 - 02:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm. Key lime pie.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2015 - 04:02 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
K. A little surprised at the lack of Thrower-hate. I find they get targeted hard because they're -AV. But I'll take one, run 13 men, get a DP.

Definitely run with surplus players if you're worried about people targeting him.
 Jump to: