23 coaches online • Server time: 01:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post My 1st Blackbox tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Zhluhur

Post   Posted: May 05, 2003 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

The cards and the handycap table is the only reason why playing a game off-line on the board is much more fun than playing with the client.
Seeing your friends I have not forgotten, but let out here.

But I still know that it 'll be very very hard to implement the cards to the game.
Earm... I stopped playing Bloodbowl for 2 Years... are there still cards in the game? Or are they out of the newest edition?

Anyway... /me is a card loving Magic Helmet wearing Bloodbowler Wink

Post   Posted: May 05, 2003 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Unfortunately, cards are out, replaced by the (inferior) handicap table. Even though its inferior, I'd like to see it implemented, but I don't know if it's possible.
cjohnsto

Post   Posted: May 06, 2003 - 00:40 Reply with quote Back to top

The table will probably be changed at the next review, or at least that is the rumour. So Skijunkie is probably going to wait until then so he doesn't have to start again.
Ludakk

Post   Posted: May 12, 2003 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I so would love to see the handicap table implemented cause imo it'd be great for all the folks on here, we'd even have alot more games played cause people would be more than willing to take on my straonger team/coach, besides, new players need to play better coaches to learn from. Think about it and make us happy Smile
Thank you!
Storxx

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2003 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

PLEASE, implement these rules, I`d like to play against better teams, to prove myself Smile
but I had no chance without the Handycap for the better teams
Grumbledook

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2003 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

bah you lamers i play better teams without the handicap table (though i do pick them more carefully)

For the record the cards sucks, one good card and you could win the game cause it would stop a touchdown, there is no skill in that at all and it wasn't worth playing a match if that happened against you. They have now thankfully been removed from the rules cause they weren't balenced and they will not be coming back.
locutus

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2003 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I have played with both of them cards and handicap table. The first one as Grumble says sucks, you can have a card that makes you win the match or a card that you cannot use it for even cleaning your ass.

About the handicap table is not balanced a difference of 11 cannot be you have a 6 dice of cheerleaders (unless they are real cheerleaders,u know what i mean), or more ff. They will probably change the table cause nowadays its not worth enought.

Thats one of the main problems of bb nowadays, how to balance the difference between the teams.
Grumbledook

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2003 - 01:35 Reply with quote Back to top

the handicap table is being changed in this years rules review
cataphract

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2003 - 01:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Grumbledook wrote:
bah you lamers i play better teams without the handicap table (though i do pick them more carefully)

For the record the cards sucks, one good card and you could win the game cause it would stop a touchdown, there is no skill in that at all and it wasn't worth playing a match if that happened against you. They have now thankfully been removed from the rules cause they weren't balenced and they will not be coming back.

yeah, but a failed GFI or dodge roll a fumbled pass etc can also result in a TD... it's luck of the roll... there is also a degree of luck with drawing DZ cards too?

I'd like to see the cards back, but with some kind of risk or random factor attached. Cards like peaked and pit trap should target a random player and there should also be a chance of getting your own guys.

Cards did add a bit of flavour to the game but there were imbalances.
 Jump to: