71 coaches online • Server time: 20:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post My 1st Blackbox tour...goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Adar

Post   Posted: May 30, 2003 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it should be implemented due some people taking waaaaay too long time playing (reached turn 5 after 54 minutes of playing), the problem would be to stop the clock when the opponent chooses square to sidestep too.
gorbalds

Post   Posted: May 30, 2003 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

i play the board game and ive always used a 4min time limit this is great, but if the door bell rings or you need to go afk for a min or 2 its no prob as u stop the clock. this can obviously not be done over the net with any great sucess. although i like the 4 min limit i would not be in favor of a time limit on net bb Wink
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: May 30, 2003 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe a timelimit for the entire game would be appropriate. The clock would count for the active player. Magic The Gathering Online made such an approach. I very much liked the concept. 40 minutes per coach should more than suffice. After exceeding that limit, their turns could last for one minute or so. Anyhow, no time limit at all seems problematic to me, since some coaches are retardedly slow, even in situations in which no cerebral activity is needed at all. MTGO games are managed on the Wizard-Server though I guess.
peikko

Post   Posted: May 30, 2003 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

2 buttons: 4min reached and OverTime where you can grant your opponent to have a break after he asks for it.
tgrozow

Post   Posted: May 30, 2003 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Another thing thaty can be done, is to place a box in the options screen named time limit, which can be checked on or off, and a text box to enter the number of minutes if it's checked on. This way you can define your own time limit, or just play without.
Adar

Post   Posted: May 31, 2003 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:
2 buttons: 4min reached and OverTime where you can grant your opponent to have a break after he asks for it.

I really like this idea.
 Jump to: