43 coaches online • Server time: 17:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NAF Charity Tourney ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Oh God, these guys are so awful because . . .
. . . they don't bring anything new to the SL.
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
. . . the fluff is wrongheaded.
13%
 13%  [ 6 ]
. . . they are too weak.
37%
 37%  [ 16 ]
. . . they are too strong.
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
mmmn, this porridge is juuuust right.
39%
 39%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 43

The_Mighty_Ren

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2005 - 02:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Proposal for new Stunty Leeg team. Don’t play much with stunties, but I like to spectate a fair bit. Attempt to create a team different enough to add something to the SL. Please criticise/advise.

Stombies

Pippin Shortfoot’s penchant for black nail varnish and moody lurking ensured that the teenage loner was always picked last for the schoolyard Blood Bowl games. A mighty chip grew on his small and slender (for a ‘fling) shoulders and after four tough years of correspondence-course necromancy school, the so-called halfomancer Pippin returned to the shire determined to reign mighty hell down upon his former, more sporty classmates.

Sadly, mighty hell is hard to reign down when your army consists of a dozen lumbering, pint-sized zombies which even the fattest halfling can outrun at a brisk walking pace.

His plans thwarted, Pippin turned elsewhere and, thinking outside the box, created an alternative Blood Bowl team which could take on the jocks who bullied him and, more importantly, would never pick him last. A team of halfpint zombies, possessed ‘flings and trapped spirits, what the original Stombies lacked in strength and ability they made up for in . . . well, something I’m sure.

Other disgruntled, outcast ‘flings were drawn to Pippin like Goths to the darkest corner of a room, and Stombies Blood Bowl teams were born.

The Stombie Team:

0-1 Poltergeist 150k
Big, invisible and dangerous, a Poltergeist can hurl a foe, friend or football with deadly effect. Prone to temporary vanishings, difficult to keep earthbound
M4 S5 A2 AV10 S, G, P – Big Guy, Dissipate (bonehead), TTM, Pass, Mighty Blow, Regenerate.

0-2 Demoniac 40k
Halflings possessed by demonic spirits. Uncontrollable and angry.
M5 S2 A1 AV6 S, A – Wild animal, Stunty, Frenzy, Dauntless, Big Guy.

0-4 Spectre 60k
The spirits of former stunty players, kept earthbound by the halfomancer.
M7 S2 A3 AV7 A – Ethereal (Leap), Stunty.

0-16 Stombies 30k
Resurrected stunties and awful BB players.
M2 S2 A2 AV6 G – Stunty, Right Stuff, Regenerate, Low centre of gravity (Jump Up)

RR – 60k
No wizards. One opposing dead Stunty can be resurrected as a Stombie.
EDIT: And, obviously, no apoth (duh, forgot).
. . . . .

So what needs fixing?

Potential Options:

-return dodge to Spectre
-give Poltergeist more skills/adjust cost
-Ma1 for Stombies (hah)
-more Av

Last edited by The_Mighty_Ren on %b %15, %2005 - %14:%Sep; edited 39 times in total
teflon

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2005 - 02:26 Reply with quote Back to top

What's the point of TTM and only ag2 ma2 Right Stuff guys?
The_Mighty_Ren

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2005 - 02:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Extra mobility for the G-access fodder, with less risk from the throw and more from the landing. TTM usage that is not a scoring threat. It's not really a TTM focused team, but the option is there.

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2005 - 03:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Seldom are wellthought-thru ideas shown here, but this is definetly one of them... Great fluff and not overpowered (probably a bit underpowered).

The Poltergeist should be Scary (Foul Appearance) and to be fair, have General Access...

I like the Stombies... should have given them AV7, though...

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2005 - 03:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I for one like the idea, and am very willing to playtest if it ever gets that far, one I will play them with my own teams, and 2 I will play as them. The threat of TTM is enough to assist the team, but not enough to actually work all the time.

Nice team idea, and I am willing to playtest, just let me know.
Skrofler

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2005 - 03:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Poltergeist is too cheap as it is (compare with ogre) but I would suggest just lose pass skill and passing access.
Demoniacs ought to be faster (MA 6), seeing as wild animal will slow them down, and tougher. You can't have AV 6, no regeneration or apothecary.
Stombies could have MA 3 (you don't want to GFI just to stand up) or jump up. Lower cost to 20K. These guys are worse than snotlings.
Human ghosts? Why? Merge the ghost with the spectre to make one useful halfling ghost (6 2 3 6 - dodge, stunty, side step, regenerate - 60K)
Re-rolls ought to be 70K.

Mondays, 20:00-0:00
Tuesdays, 20:00-0:00
Wednesdays, 20:00-0:00
Thursdays, 22:00-0:00
Fridays, preferably not
Weekends, generally daytime 8:00-17:00
The_Mighty_Ren

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2005 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

In terms of under-powerage, with the GP Pass Big Guy (access to sure hands, accurate and, on doubles, strong arm) and the highly mobile Ag 4 Spectres (with access to catch and, on doubles, NOS) they have the potential for elf-bowl-esque passing in stunty (though obviously not as good as the Poltergeist only has ag2). This is why they both have Bonehead and neither have regen.

I am trying to create a team with a number of options for playing style and team development. The Stombies are crap starters, but have G access which gives the option for Jump Up (lies) or Dauntless on doubles, for instance.

Last edited by The_Mighty_Ren on %b %28, %2005 - %19:%Aug; edited 2 times in total
Mezir

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2005 - 11:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I like it, not that I play Stunty, only thing I want to add is you may want to consider giving the Stombies ma 3, so they can at least get up after getting knocked over. Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2005 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Stombies could have MA 3 (you don't want to GFI just to stand up)

Like treemen, they dont need to gfi for stand up, but they need to roll 4+ as a stand up roll... otherwise they stay down.

I kinda also like the idea, and it looks decently balanced. Spectres will be decent passers with ag4 and no stunty, even tho BH hinders it a bit
SubSonic

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2005 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Mighty_Ren wrote:
I am trying to create a team with a number of options for playing style and team development. The Stombies are crap starters, but have G access which gives the option for Jump Up or Dauntless on doubles, for instance.

Jump up is ag trait, so they cant get it....
The_Mighty_Ren

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2005 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

SubSonic wrote:
Jump up is ag trait, so they cant get it....

Cheers, forgot that.
Makes Ma3 slightly more tempting, but I like that they need the 4+ roll. Second most irritating thing about Treemen. Curse you on-pitch take root.

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2005 - 12:46 Reply with quote Back to top

how about adding agility access to Demoniacs.. and maybe give them right stuff as well..

like the overall look of the team.. espescially the stombies.. too bad you only need to field 2 of them with a full rooster
The_Mighty_Ren

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2005 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

ATM, the demoniacs don't have right stuff or ag access for fluff reasons (they're meant to be gurning possessed loons, difficult to grad hold of and too random and angry to be agile). But I don't really like the fact that with a full roster you only need two stombies either.

The general consensus seems to be that they are too weak/about right, which is ok (rather an underpowered team than an overpowered one). I've tweaked things a bit (and the more I tweaked, the more 'just right' votes came in) so things are probably moving in the right direction. The only simple changes that would increase their strength are:

-Ma3 for the Stombies
-G (or A) access for the demoniacs
-cheaper RR

The cost of RR in BB seems to be inversely proportional to their value, and with up to 4 negatraits this team needs rerolls, which leaves the other two. G access might make the demoniacs just a bit too good (dauntless and frenzy plus tackle, block and guard), although A access would be funny if illogical. The stombies +Ma would mean they could stand up automatically, and would fit better (would balance their relationship with a human zombie if they lost the +av).

Potential Changes

-A access for Demoniacs.
-+Ma, -Av for Stombies.

Should I do one of these, both, or neither?

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2005 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

my preference would be to keep stombies as they are, their uselessness is what i really like with the team maybe lower the price of a stombie, makes it easier to aford a couple of rerolls early on. I think you could easily give demoniacs a quite substantial boost, they aren't really likely to last long enough to turn into real powerhouses. How about hmmm giving them general access and removing wild animal from them. Even though it might remov some of their feel, they are still likely to be used mostly for blitzes and blocks. ag 1 players are seldom ballcarriers anyway, so they'll behave much as you want them.. but will be slightly more reliable. Oh and an idea to get more stombies on the field, this is just a long shot since i really do like the team as it is, could be to remove the specters as they are awfully expensive for a nonregeneratable av7 guy, and somehow adding some twist to the ghosts to let them fill the role of the specters. Would probably be too strong to just give them ag 4, but i'm not sure.
The_Mighty_Ren

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2005 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Stombies dropped to 20k.
Demoniacs will get G or A access, not sure which yet (want to check skill lists, don't have copy of the LR with me).

Jump to: