45 coaches online • Server time: 20:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guidegoto Post TSC Draft
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you want a prize for 20th Stunty Cup ?
Yes, a goblin or a chaos halfling
43%
 43%  [ 22 ]
Yes, another prize (tell which one)
15%
 15%  [ 8 ]
No (tell why please)
41%
 41%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 51

albator2001

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2005 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

The Stunty Cup (Stunty Leeg) is the oldest tournament of the stunty division and many players asked me why no prize was given to the winner of the tournament so I decided to ask every player that plays in stunty.

Besides, when Mr Klipp was an admin he accepted to give a reward to the winner: a gobelin or a chaos halfling for the winner of the tournament. But it happend when he left fumbbl and so he never gave the prize to JFK who won the tournament and therefore deserved the price.

Since the next tournament is the 20th, I wondered if the admin couldn't give to the winner a reward. The chaos fling or the goblin would be a good option IMO. This choice was done after a long time to think about it.

What do you think? Give this prize, another one (which one then) or no prize at all?

Last edited by albator2001 on %b %13, %2005 - %12:%Oct; edited 2 times in total
seandon12

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2005 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

i dno how about, The Trophy

5-5-2-10 G+S
Mighty Blow, Block, Stand Firm

background
It is rumoured that when the true winner of the stunty cup lifts their trophy it will become alive and play for their team as a very old and skilled (and gold) blood bowl player, though when he is shown that h has been bettered by one of the living (killed) he goes back into trophy form

I liek the background but im not much of a stunty player so stats n rulz arent ma thing

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2005 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Why not a MVP to all team members
Skar2

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2005 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps it should be a boost for the team. It´s a very high rated tournament. Only teams with high TR are playing. So the price should be also a nice one. Firestata´s idea of an extra MVP for all players is good, but perhaps it´s too much. I would suggest the following:

An increase of the FanFactor (of one or two) in addition to the typical bonus rolls during finals. Furthermore the players (1-4:perhaps as a dice roll) with the lowest SPP get inspired by the new trophy and gain extra MVP.
hunter

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2005 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I honestly think it makes sense to limit special prizes to official FUMBBL tourneys only, per the current rules. Once you start giving out prizes for someone's tourney, no matter how long it has been around or how many people take part, others will want the same treatment.

Regards,
~hunter

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2005 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

hunter wrote:
I honestly think it makes sense to limit special prizes to official FUMBBL tourneys only, per the current rules. Once you start giving out prizes for someone's tourney, no matter how long it has been around or how many people take part, others will want the same treatment.

Regards,
~hunter

mmm in stunty, there is only stunty cup and IST nothing more. (I exclude Evo's tourney since he decided to let them away)

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2005 - 06:10 Reply with quote Back to top

A loyal following of fanatic Goblins following the team around the world, I.e a one time boost of 3 to FF for the winning team.
peikko

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2005 - 08:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, voted for No because thats what it will be.
Skar2

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2005 - 09:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Smile That´s the decision I think Smile
Buur

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2005 - 09:32 Reply with quote Back to top

yes another..... Give the winner a PIE! everybody loves pie!
All playes on fumbbl will join the stunty cup to win such a grand prize!
-Buur

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2005 - 12:10 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:
Well, voted for No because thats what it will be.

Very sad ...

Could someone restart S.L.E.D.G.E. ? Criket or someone else ?

I think Stunty Division need more events.

What happened to IST ?
Dooby

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2005 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

How about a magic helmet (Increases a players AV by one). The downside would be he had to give it back after then next stunty cup.

I have been away for a while and am getting back into stunty. It does need more tournements, I would suggest a tourne for all teams TR 160 and less as the stunty cup is a graveyard for any team under TR200.

Another one could be a world cup - each race has one representative (qualifiers if more than one of a particular race) and then a round robin or a knockout or whatever.
albator2001

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2005 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

In this Stunty Cup with 64 coaches:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&at=1&group=511&show=2953

The goblins "Weasels Win With ..something" started with a TR of 179 and won the cup !

It is possible to win with a team under 200 ...

Your idea about organizing a tournament for teams below TR 160 is very good. But I think a new group should be created for this tournament, with a new name. The Stunty Cup is for the best teams only ... Do you have an idea to name this new group ?

For the world cup, I don't think it will be possible ... Some races are not played and a round robin should be a massacre for fragile races. Knockout should be ok, but there is only 13 races, not 16 ...

But why not XFL for stunty leeg ? http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2410

Dooby wrote:
How about a magic helmet (Increases a players AV by one). The downside would be he had to give it back after then next stunty cup.

I have been away for a while and am getting back into stunty. It does need more tournements, I would suggest a tourne for all teams TR 160 and less as the stunty cup is a graveyard for any team under TR200.

Another one could be a world cup - each race has one representative (qualifiers if more than one of a particular race) and then a round robin or a knockout or whatever.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2005 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I actually (as a non-stunty player) find the idea of a gobbo or Cling HIGHlarious. I mean, what a badge of honour for a (let's say) Nurgling team to have this random goblin on it? Stunty is about the goofy fun, play to it, people!!!

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2005 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I think this idea of prize came from Mr-Klipp ...

Macavity wrote:
I actually (as a non-stunty player) find the idea of a gobbo or Cling HIGHlarious. I mean, what a badge of honour for a (let's say) Nurgling team to have this random goblin on it? Stunty is about the goofy fun, play to it, people!!!
 Jump to: