44 coaches online • Server time: 17:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Markusen

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2005 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys!
Don't know if there was a similar topic before, but I'm honestly too lazy for searching after.

Does anyone know how to play these tiny little Snotlings???
I like them so much, 'cause they are just ... useless.

a) You have three never acting Big Guys when standing alone (believe me, they do not one move without a Snot besides them!).

b) You have two never hitting Pump Wagons without a tackling zone and no development chances (besides Mighty Blow), but are more than just good for turn overs by killing theirselves.

c) You have four Snotling Heros with MA5 and a never working Pro-skill

d) You have tons of mighty MA4/ST1/AG3/AV5 trash, which are even worse than the "Heros"

e) You can buy one single Star Player. A Doom Diver Catapult with: Always Hungry, Hail Mary Pass, Really Stupid, Blunderbuss, Pass, Throw Team Mate. Hired him three times - waste of money. Sure it's placed close to your own end zone and wants to shoot the ball carrier to score (guess it is that way, 'cause I never could try out), but it really does not work at all. And if you buy it, you have four players on the pitch which are Really Stupid and nothing wants more than eating a snack.

Arrow Okay, you can bash your opponent down. That implicates that your Pump Wagon can hit at least one of there players a turn (if I hit 'em 1 out of 2 turns I'm happy - even if it's a pushback with three dice!) and that your Trolls do there job (***Did you know? In more than 42% at least one of your three Trolls is not acting when he has someone besides telling him about what to do!!!).
Arrow You can dodge like hell with your Two Heads! That's really great, even vs some Diving Tackle, but where to run with MA of 4 or incredible 5???
Arrow You can try to TTM one of yours foreward, but believe me, Snots are so tasty and AG1 does not pass very well.
Arrow Obviously your Snots won't survive for a long time (even if they have regeneration). So their development is reduced to one or two skills most of the time (I had one with 2 skills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

Normal game is like driving around with a drunken Pump Wagon and just hope that it won't create a turn over - running your Snots to a Troll without help (helpful if you can manage to place 2 Trolls that they can be assisted by just one Snot) - the rest can take care about the ball or fouling or ... whatever.

Conclusions:
Hell, I suck to play Snotlings Exclamation
I like them for being weakest race by far
In my eyes they are just fun if you wanna loose for sure

Idea So, is there anyone out there having a tactical advise how to play 'em a little more effective?
Just wanna know, 'cause my FanFactor is going down and down and down and down and down and down and....

Last edited by Markusen on %b %22, %2005 - %22:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2005 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I am interested in articulate answers about this topic. I had a snotling team LONG ago, when everybody told me they were overpowered, but I sucked big time with them.

/me sits and waits for interesting answers by Stunty Professionists.

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2005 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I can tell you, they USED to be very powerfull indeed. 2 Pump wagons with ma6, access to block and tackle and started with MB, 2 Sporeflingers and 3 Trolls. On a good day, you didn't have many opos left to face by the start of the 2nd half. Of course they were way to slow to do any spectacular plays except a lucky TTM now and then. All they really could do was bash and so they did.
These ones actually won the stunty cup doing so Smile

Now the Pump wagons are pretty much castrated (just good for the additional mayhem factor - although blowing up every other game) and sporeflingers are gone. The Heros sure add some speed and skill, but ma5 still isn't great, even in stunty.

All in all i still think they are fun to play, but nothing compared to the old snots. And if you're lucky with the TTM (and that's what the star catapult is great for, but from the middle of the field - not your end zone) you can even score sometimes.
OldBugman

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2005 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

gee wiz, sounds like you dont like snotlings.

play another race and have fun, stunty is not balanced and never will be
Optihut

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2005 - 00:01 Reply with quote Back to top

"How to play with snots?"

If we're ever looking for the grossest topic, this gets my vote.
Markusen

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2005 - 02:13 Reply with quote Back to top

No way, I really like 'em!!!
They look funny and behave like it.
Just wanted to know if you really can win a couple of times by a tactic and if I've overseen something great they can do besides getting smashed to the ground.

@Optihut: Dude, make a poll out of it if you want
Nighteye

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2005 - 04:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I dunno really. My own snot team still has its 2 flingers, one of which have ag4 and is thrown alot for the same reason. Maybe just use ur 2 heads to run all ur snots into scoring position, stand back with the catapult, and fling the ball up there and hope for the best Smile And btw snotling Trolls behave rather good in my book, of course Pro helps alot here, but once u get block/pro they are just killing machines like every other bigguy in stunty.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2005 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't a great result too (5/2/6) but I also tend NOT to maximize my winning chances (I grab snots to throw them into player packs, use TTM often and so on). I guess that the best way to win with them is to force your opponent to mass and let the trolls kicks stuntys asses.at high TR, I guess that 3 tackles+pro+MB just rocks!

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2005 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

You can't use a tactic with snotlings.
Only thing you can do is put your trolls around the ball carrier and bash everyone who you can grab.
If you're lucky you can score after 7-8 rounds when you picked up the ball the 4th time after loosing him (bec. of stunty st2 linemen, which snotlings can't stop normally).
And yes: the pump wagons suck now really.
90k and one block every 2-3 rounds PLUS the penalty roll of 8+.
In fact it is first of all the penalty roll that makes the snotlings so weak.
Why? The 2nd half starts and no pump wagons left.
Then the question: do you put your trolls to the line of scrimmage when being in defense or the av5 linemen?
If you put your trolls there you can't blitz the always faster opponent linemen.
There are normally always one or two blodgers with st2.
How shall snotlings stop them?
So you put your linemen there.
That means that after the first round you have 1-2 players less.
If you count in the very high probability that you already started the 2nd round with only 10 players (16 players on roster maximum [most of the time 13-14), the two pump wagons got banned and surely some badly hurts and koed ones), you can just hope for a big wonder.

Please have once again a look on the race statistics. Only squiq herders suck more than snotlings in stunty (win percentage) but they have at least a much more better casuality balance.
Have you ever thought about what happens when 3 trolls meet 3 treeman of the Fairies?
Fairies... their linemen have av 6-7 and ma 7-8 plus jump up.
Ok, no regenerate but an apo.

The trolls are captured by trees and snotlings have to handle with more though and faster linemen.
Something's wrong here!
blizzt95

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2005 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

There isn't a whole lot of tactics involved in stunty as a general rule, and that's basically by design. The whole "leeg" was set up for fun. It's why it doesn't affect coach rating or standing.

I recently played a snotling team with my chaos flings (2 minos, one with block/tackle the other with block/rsc) and ended up tied because one of the trolls had Pass and executed two perfect TTMs for one-turn scores.

Normally, I tend to play stunty turn-by-turn. I don't plan three turns down the line. I play my turn to get the best position and best situation I can before the other team takes their turn. If something opens up, you go for it and hope that it works. If it doesn't, you blame it on the team's bad skills or stats and move on to the next play. Stunty isn't really about developing the little guys. If you look on the Top 10 for the stunty teams, you'll see some rather low statistics for first place holders if you leave out the big guys.

The little guys tend to die rather quickly, or at least get so severely injured they are more of a hamper on your team than any kind of an asset. Develop the trolls as best you can and as quickly as you can. Get them 2-3 skills. Maybe one will get something extraordinary (+ag, doubles, etc) that will help you come up with a general game plan at the start of the match. Something like, "If I can get the ball to this guy, my Troll can run up and TTM to there and give me a quick score."

Once you start, the plan will change. The trick is to understand your team's strengths. For Snotlings, it's the Two Heads ability and the fact they can have three big guys. Keep your team roster full since they break easily and eventually you'll get somewhere. Might take some time and some learning, but it'll happen.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Simple answer. *Splash*. Smile

Btw - that's what the original roster looked like, loooong before pump waggons and other freaky stuff.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=1696

-Mnemon
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

45 cheerleaders and 10 assistant coaches.

that's 1 coach per player!