45 coaches online • Server time: 19:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Team Page Betagoto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Patrician

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2005 - 04:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey All,

All the discussion on Khemrings has got me thinking about the other side of the spectrum...what about an Elfling team? I thougth about making up vanilla Elflings, but decided to inject a bit of fluff into the team and came up with Drowlings.

The AG 4 would have to be balanced by slow'ish movement and no big guys. Also, I've gone with a standard player without Dodge - Shocked

Drowlings – RR 60k

Drowling (0 – 12) – 5 – 2 - 4 – 6 – 50k – A – Stunty

Fluff: “Dark elves start Blood Bowl early, it’s a good way to teach youngsters how to look after themselves.”

Options: Add Dodge for 10k extra

Thoughts: These guys wouldn't last long. I removed Dodge to try and keep the cost down. Would mean they would go down easier than normal stuntees but with AG4 they should still be able to get where they need to be.

Drowling Veteran (0 – 2) – 5 – 2 – 4 – 7 – 80k – Stunty, Dodge, Dirty Player, A

Fluff: “After a few years, Drowlings manage to barter or steal some better armour and learn how avoid taking a fall. They also learn the best places to put the boot in. “

Options: Lower AV or remove Dodge for cheaper cost.

Thoughts: The main hitter in Drowling team.

Drowling Witch Initiate – (0 – 2) – 5 – 2 – 4 – 6 – 70k – Stunty, Dodge, Poisoned Dagger - A

Fluff: “Becoming a witch takes years of training. One of the first things an initiate learns is how to mix poisons.”

Alternative Drowling Witch Initiate (0 – 2) – 5 – 2 – 4 – 6 – 90k – Stunty, Dodge, Frenzy, Dauntless, Really Stupid - A

Fluff: “Young witches can initially be very crazy, as they get used to the various drugs witches take. As their bodies adjust, the witches can experience unpredictable surges of strength, dizzy spells and uncontrollable tantrums.

Options: One or the other, not both.

Thoughts: Dunno if Poison dagger is good or not, but is fluffy for the Drows. The alternative version is to possibly combat any 'no-big-guy' imbalance that people see. I also added the alternative version, as they wouldn't be sent off for 'IGMEOY'.

Woodling slave (0 – 4) – 6 – 1 – 4 – 6 – 70k – Stunty, Dodge, Very Long Legs - A

Fluff: “The life of a Woodling slave is not a happy one. While having to weave your way between Trolls and Minotaurs is dangerous, it’s much better than some of the nastier Dark Elf activities. “

Options: Remove VLL for +MA, or leave at MA6 for cheaper cost.

Thoughts: My interpretation of the rules is that you can only ever have two MA increases (VLL included). So, rather than making MA7 (for a possible MA9) I've made MA6 with VLL, so I think a Woodling SLave would only be able to have one +MA. Hope this works....

Sample Starting Teams

12 * Drowlings - 600k
2 * Woodling Slaves - 140k
2 RR - 120k
FF9 - 90k
Apoth - 50k

1Million

10 * Drowlings - 500k
2 * Drowling Vets - 160k
1 * Woodling Slave - 70k
1 * Witch Initiate (a) - 70k
2 RR - 120k
FF8 - 80k

1Million

Think this'd be a really cool team, but welcome for people to pick it apart, add their own ideas, etc.

Cheers,

Patrician
Synn

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2005 - 05:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I do like the team actually. It is nice to see someone who put out a team that is not INSANELY powerful off the bat.

Few things though:

1.) Lose the woodling slaves.... if they are slaves then why are they better then drowlings? Also, i like the whole "we got ag 4 but no dodge" thing.

2.) Lose dodge on every player with ag 4! You really need to remember that ag 4 + stunty is crazy powerful.

3.) DP is mean to start with but i see it working here. Consider having 0-1 blitzling (vetern), and 0-1 assaling (stunty, poison dagger, shadowing). Add two of the dauntless witchlings and i think you have a team that is balanced and interesting to try.

4.)Also, consider giving them wild animal (always like seeing that skill used).

Advantages of team:
AG4, access to DP off the bat. Fairly reliable.

Disadvantages:
Most fragile team in Stunty (no dodge: you will lose two a game minimum), no BG, no TTM, RS is painfull on a team, Very slow, expensive.

All in all i like, but me liking it does not mean everyone else will.....

Peace,
__Synn
Patrician

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2005 - 05:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Ta for the reply.

I guess the reason why the Woodling slaves are better than the Drowlings is that they're more motivated Smile

Seriously, I just thought it'd be fluffy to have weakling slaves running like crazy. What would you suggest instead? I just think that the team needs some runners, to counteract no TTM or BG.

I agree that Dodge will probably have to go on everyone, except possibly the Vets (to keep them alive a bit). I actaully like the idea of mixing up a Blitzer, Poisoner and two Psycho-Witches with Wild Animal.

To summarise your points:

Roster 3

0-12 Drowlings, as mentioned
0-1 Drow Veteran, as mentioned
0-1 Drow Witch Poisoner, as mentioned (possibly with Shadowing)
0-2 Drow Witch Initiate, 5 - 2 - 4 - 6, Stunty, Dauntless, Frenzy, Wild Animal
0-X Replacement for Woodling Slaves

Thanks __Synn!

Patrician
Dooby

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2005 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Someone will post you can't start with AG4, even without dodge. I would love to see this team against a goblin cheater team as it would be retired first game. I like the linos and the witch and the poisoned dagger but I would lose the slaves too unless you gave them bonehead 'slave, go and get that ball... [roll a 1] no.. do it yourself!'
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2005 - 14:30 Reply with quote Back to top

that kind of team need to be playtested. I am not sure if they could survive in the long term. DT would just kill them IMO. But I can't be sure!

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2005 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
that kind of team need to be playtested. I am not sure if they could survive in the long term. DT would just kill them IMO. But I can't be sure!

True but by the time you have DT they would have dodge so its all swings and roundabouts. I would see them being a bit like skink i.e. starting some games with 8 or 9 players and being at the mercy of some coaches. I'd like to see some sort of playtesting once an initial period of debate has occured.
tassel

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2005 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

When I caught the topic my first reaction was "How stupid can these suggestions get?"

Then again, after reading the fluff and actual proposals I love it!

The trouble I see is that the team might get all kinds of powerful at TR200 - when all these ag4 players have dodge and some have block, they really start to look like elves. With the granted DPs ... I can picture some skillful coaches making it broken just to try it out. I could be wrong here though.

Pick up 2+ pass 3+ catch 2+? You can basically start pass farming on your half with stunty rerolls like we see common elves doing in R.

I think it's worth it though, just keep it slow to balance the ag. I don't think anything more than MA5 needs to be there.
Oh, and, 0-16 basic linos you must mean?
Keep up the good work!
xlars

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2005 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

If you gave the drowlin witch gen acces and lost the RS then the team would be a bit more fun to play IMO. then they would resemble the orcslayers who I like. without gen acces and whit RS they would suffer from pretty much the same as the squigs, who are also pretty much useles. Other than that I like the idea. AG4 and stunty give some funny potentials.
-XL

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2005 - 04:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys,

Thanks for reading and commenting, it's generating some decent discussion.

Ideas currently put forward

- Loose Dodge (Ok, ok, I agree Crying or Very sad )

- Witches to loose Really Stupid and get Gen Access (RS, ok, but Gen Access could make these Uber powerful, IMHO. Of course, it would balance Big Guys access to Gen, yes? Who else has some thoughts?)

- 0 - 16 Drowlings (Erm...I don't understand, I guess. Why would you ever consider having 16 of the little things? Question )

- Loose the Woodling Slaves (Darn, I really like these Rolling Eyes. I will have to think about some options to keep them in, perhaps going to AG3 or something)

- Give the Slaves Bone Head (This I actually like a lot - it'd allow the slaves to occasionally be fast and agile, and sometimes fail you altogether)

Ok, so taking on board comments -

Roster 4

0-12 (or 16) Drowlings - 5 - 2 - 4 - 6 (or 7, as no dodge?) - Stunty, A, 50k (or 60k)

0 - 1 Drowling Vet - 5 - 2 - 4 - 7 - Stunty, Dirty Player, A, 80k

0 - 1 (or 2?) Drowling Assassin - 5 - 2 - 4 - 7 - Stunty, Poisoned Dagger, Shadowing, A, 80k

0 - 2 Witch Initiate - 5 - 2 - 4 - 7 - Stunty, Dauntless, Frenzy, Bone Head?GA, 100k (too costly??)

0 - 4 Woodling Slave - 5 - 1 - 4 - 6 - Stunty, Bone Head, Very Long Legs (no?), A, 70k (cost ??)

Options:

a) Remove the Slaves all together. Come up with some other position player

b) AV - As none of the player have dodge, should the AV be 7 all round?

c) G access and no disadvantage skill for the Witches - makes them too powerful?

d) Drowling Assassin - remove Shadowing for cheaper cost?

e) Costs - General costs need to be looked at. Are these just too darn expensive? Or is that what you pay for AG4 Stunty?

If anyone has any other suggestions, I'd really appreciate it. If I get everyone's blessing that I'm not wasting my time, I also think I'd like to do some heavy playtesting, so if anyone's interested (and doesn't mind the AEST timezone) lemme know.

AND...if anyone's been involved in playtesting a Stuntee team before, you're assistance would be doubly welcome.

Cheers,

Patrician
Pat

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2005 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Drowlings' Team It's Cool...
Pat Wink

Patrician

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 01:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks pat Smile

Anyone else? I'd love some debate over the options and bolded sections.

Also, does everyone hate the Woodling slaves? And if so, what do I replace them with? I guess one option is to make both the Vets and Poisoners 0 - 2.

Patrician

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

0-16 Drowlings - 5 - 2 - 4 - 7 Stunty, A, 50k

0 - 1 Drowling Vet - 5 - 2 - 4 - 7 - Stunty, Dirty Player, A, 80k

0 - 1 Drowling Assassin - 5 - 2 - 4 - 7 - Stunty, Poisoned Dagger, Shadowing, A, 80k

0 - 2 Witch Initiate - 5 - 2 - 4 - 7 - Stunty, Dauntless, Frenzy, Bone Head GA, 100k

0 - 4 Woodling Slave - 5 - 1 - 4 - 6 - Stunty, Dodge, Bone Head, Very Long Legs A 70k

I don't see much wrong with that, your next step is to playtest this team or ask Pat to do you some icons first, theres nothing better than having icons for your new team. Could just use elf mini icons at a push though. Get yourself a starting roster and I'll give you a game.
Synn

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2005 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Still not a fan of the slaves. We are talking about a team that already has 4 types of players...

Not to mentio they still have dodge. If you want to include them, try this:

0-4 Slavling: 6 1 3 5 Stunty, Dodge, Thrall.

Now add OFAB to the vertern and the witchling. When they get bored.... they beat the hell out of the slaves.

__Synn
Patrician

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2005 - 02:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh...nah, I think the Dodge has to go on the Slave, methinks. Otherwise, they could go just about anywhere. Still, if one of the designers end up deciding it's ok, then I'll see.

Dooby, thanks for your offer to playtest. I'll definately take you up on it sometime, and the list is looking great.

EDIT: Also, in regard to the number of types of players, cause you can only have 0-1 of both the Assassin and the Vet, I think these are pretty much one type of player. Anyway, it's all up for discussion.....

Patrician
Dooby

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2005 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I have grown on the idea of the slaves especially if you implimented bone head - I am clever sometimes you see. I can see this team being good at high TR but really stuggling early on and there is nothing wrong with that as its a similar progression to Strigs. I started loads of strig teams but couldn't get them off the ground. I applaud the team so far and I think it genuinly adds something new to stunty, my only regret is that I didn't think of it....
 Jump to: