38 coaches online • Server time: 13:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Shivan

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2005 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I really dont get why Squigs on the Squig Herder team gets a pogostick? They have no hands??

It really does not make sense, it seems quite useless for them too since they cant hold the ball.

They have an advantage in cage breaking however, but it seems quite anoying that they can be expelled from the game.

Why dont they just have leap??

Can anyone clarify?
Furious_George

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2005 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

It allows them to make the multiple leaps people envisage squigs having, sicne with pogo stick you can leap as many times as you have movement, and with ag4 this can be quite fun. But i take your point, they tend to get sent off a lot, which is annoying. IIRC tho it does mean they can go for it 4 times?

"Hugh Mann eh? Now theres a name I can trust!"
Me Loves Futurama
Alanir

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2005 - 13:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, it does. They're super fast, especially with Sure Feet, which is a very common first skill. With 3 or 4 Str 4 players on the pitch, they might not be able to score, but they can sure defend/cover the ball.
Shivan

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2005 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

But would it not be more logical to give them leap, and sprint?
and if a squig can leap multible times per turn, why cant a squig hobber then?
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2005 - 13:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Because there's a gobbo on the squig making it less agile... The pogo stick is a pretty good way to represent the squigs fast bouncing pace.

And preventing the amount of squigs present on the field is probably more than fair. 6 str 4 (4 of them ag4 as well) with RSC on a stunty team is perhaps a bit overwhelming (perhaps not - I'm not too experienced with stunty).
Alanir

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2005 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Strangely enough, giant furballs of rage and fangs and such aren't considered 'proper' bloodbowl players. Ref's don't like it when dogs get on the pitch, and squigs are a bit meaner to the little guys opposing them. Hoppers also were reduced a bit so they didn't get kicked out, leaving the team with only gobbos to score.
Shivan

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 10:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I see what you are trying to say. But what about Minotaurs, Trolls, Treemen?? Are they concidered proper BB players?
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

At least they are humanoid beings as opposed to squigs which more likely resemble some kind of fungus...
Danger-Dan

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Shivan - remember that trolls and minotaurs at least aren't wild animals who might actually rip apart and eat other players right on the pitch in front innocent women and children.

No, wait ...
 Jump to: