55 coaches online • Server time: 18:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mymLaban

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

When you are on the gamefinder LFG and you are on Mirc !!!! please please for the love of god answer when someone asks you for a match, comeon really its not that hard if you dont like the match offer just "no thx" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its so annoying you ask someone then you sit around for like 2 min huh no answer over to the next and so on untill someone finaly answers. Save us all the time! and answer!

thx Smile
BiggieB

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

word
Macavity

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Or you are in a game, have a small screen, and have your taskbar minimized.

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

If you have an issue, here's a tissue.
Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Despite the misleading topic, mymLaban's rant prolly applies to other IRC clients as well as the FUMBBL.com Java applet chat for connecting into the irc.fumbbl.com server.

mymLaban

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

bah Six footer it borthers you as much as it does me! and you know it!
DonTomaso

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah! Word!

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

i use Hydra, you can't yell at me! Razz

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

hmmh... i try always to respond...
but you should know that i will not always be able anyway.. when im on the gamefinder im sometimes away, especially if noone responds over a longer time period... sometimes many people appear 20 minutes later and i dont realize it... then an hour later or possibly longer after i started the game i dont check the chan anymore ...and after an hour has passed i dont see any sense in responding anymore...
however ...there are many reasons why its possible i would not respond...
so... its nice to make such a suggestion... and i appreciate if others respond to me too.... but hope you also understand that you cannot always expect this
Xzazy

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

The way irc works there is no reason to wait for a timeout on every game request. The best you can do is lower the timeout value by decreasing the worktime of a request, asking for a yes or no means they have to compare teams. That takes a while... Start with a 'Hi' and move on if you get no response.
Macavity

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I say thee, nay!!! I HATE people starting with "hi". Start by offering a team match-up, then I know how to respond. If I am going to reject it, it's wasting more time to greet each other first.

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

To give an answer to a game offer is one of the things we should do to keep this place nice. There are some more things too.
Pirrekurr

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

So what is the proper protocol of taking contact in the chat? Some hate it when people says hi first, others like me get irritated when someone doesn't even have the decency to say hi first. But what is the proper protocol? Just so we know I'll start a poll in a new thread Wink.

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Right on! Just be nice. Nobody minds hearing "No I don't want to play you," it's a compliment to the fearsomeness of your team. So, come on silent dudes, just seven keystrokes and you're done, "n-o-space-t-h-x-return".

Although...

The current system is fine, but it would be neat (and n00b-friendly) to program some kind of "send-challenge" link into the gamefinder page, maybe so the recipient has you and your team pop up in a PM... then they could simply click yes or no.... i'm just suggesting based on a Go site my brother uses which has that kind of thing. If not possible then no worries, programmer-types please don't flame my stupidity!
mymLaban

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Ofcourse someone might be away at time happens to us all.

im not sure what the protocol is but i allways do these 3 steps

1. HI
2. you chaos vs my khemri?
3. link to the team (only doing this because i started to get alot of people saying "link?"
 Jump to: