42 coaches online • Server time: 18:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Peach

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2006 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I can run 8.3 ok. when i try to run 8.5 i get a window called splash error, says something about "the origional splash image is either corrupted, missing or changed. replace the origional splash image and restart."

Please help, feels so close to being able to play online
Adar

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2006 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the splash image is the one you get when a player dies. If your bad at computers, just reinstall 8,5 so you get the uncorrupted image file. If your better at computers and got a friend with the client. Copy and paste his image folder to your computer and replace your corrupted one.

Edit: I forgot to say, welcome to fumbbl and may the Nufflehosh be with you! Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2006 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I have tried downloading 8.5 many times. this problem appears every time i run it.

i end up with a java window that is totally grey when maximised and cant get rid of it.

Last edited by Peach on %b %06, %2006 - %13:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
Peach

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2006 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

in my 8.5 folder/pics/decals there are images called bloodspot 1-4. is this the splash image?

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2006 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

The Splash image is the image that you get when you run the java BB. I suggest you to delete the file and try without it...Or ask someone for his!!!
mulvax

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2006 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

The splash image IS the one that comes up when you start java BB. If 8.3 works just move it from the 8.3 folder to the 8.5 folder.
Peach

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2006 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

thankyou very much for your advice!! played my first online game last night!
Mephisto666

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2006 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

so peach, what did you do in the end?
how does it work??

i´ve got the same problem.
Fama

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2006 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Why do I have the feeling that this question has been asked before?

Ooh, a quick search shows me 10 other threads with the same question asked - and probably answered. Come on guys, use the search function.

Anyway, it seems to me he switched the splash image (which is the image you get when you start JBB - the one which says "Java Blood Bowl" or something) from the 8.3 folder to the 8.5 folder.

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2006 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

when i open JBB there is this image where you can choose between "stand alone","net server","net client" and "spectator" named "JavaBBowl Setup".
and this image can´t be switched between the folders.

Oh, i forget, there is an image before.that colourful picture with some bloodbowlplayers.but its only been opened for seconds and it can´t get switched, too.

so, WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN????
Fama

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2006 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

THERE'S NO NEED TO YELL.

Anyway. Yes, I mean the colourful picture. Are you sure it's "Splash image corrupted"? The error message? Sounds like your game starts just fine...

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2006 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

The dreaded "Splash image corrupted missing or changed" message occurs when the patch is incorrectly applied to the full version. The reason you get this error is because the splash image is the first one that loads and it is not included in the patch, only in the full versions.

It really sounds like you've just downloaded the full version and the patch and have them sitting in two separate folders. You can see the splash image (the one you described as "that colorful picture with some bloodbowlplayers" and then the "standalone/server/client" options when you start the 8.3 .jar, but not the 8.5, right?

Read the installation instructions in the cleverly-named README file or on the website (or in the User Guide).

If your archive utility of choice won't unzip the patch directly into the full folder while preserving the directory structure, then you have to copy each file over into the equivalent FULL version. Don't copy over the folders, just the files within them.

{ edit: Thanks fama. I'm still checking in occasionally. Glad to hear Paul and Pustus are back around at least. }

Last edited by BadMrMojo on %b %08, %2006 - %19:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
Fama

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2006 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Aww, BMM, I've missed you... Pustus and paulhicks are coming back you know. Well, I played twice against pustus (he owned me the first time I owned him the second time.) And paulhicks came in for a few minutes, saying that he'll be back permanently "soon". Oh well.

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2006 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

/me wants Paul back now! Smile