40 coaches online • Server time: 11:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should transfers between Faction and Ranked be permitted?
Yes
39%
 39%  [ 19 ]
No
60%
 60%  [ 29 ]
Total Votes : 48

Borgen

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2006 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Has the ability to transfer teams between the Ranked and Faction divisions ever been discussed? This occurred to me because my favorite team to play is my Faction team, but my free time has changed such that I can no longer compete as regularly in Faction. I'd love to be able to play ranked games with them, and enter them into the official tournaments.

The PROS: Both divisions are LRB compliant, so that there are no significant rule differences in transfering between them. This would make faction more like a ranked "league" and I think that is a good thing. If you'd like your ranked teams to join the more structured faction league, I dont see why they should be prohibited. Likewise, if you'd like to enter a faction team in a ranked tournament, I dont see why that should be prohibited. I'd love to see the Deadland Thorns take on the Blood Falcons or the Nandorins play the Ambassadords of Light.

The CONS: The main argument that I see against it is that in Ranked, you must play teams +/- 40 TS, and in faction you cannot. I suppose it would be possible for some people to cherrypick like crazy in faction, and then transfer to the ranked division with superior teams. I dont think this argument is very plausible. First, you have to be able to get games against people who are more than 40 TS below you (quite difficult) and second, in faction you are limited to 8 games every 2 weeks. So its not exactly the best breeding ground for building teams up from scratch.

Since this should not be an issue - why not allow people to transfer
between these divisions? It would enable some more of the top teams on the site to compete in the big official tournaments, and would also give some of the top ranked teams on the site the option of going for a gold medal.
Kemuel

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2006 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see why not, I'd say you request transfer and then get transferred when the next round starts (both ways) or possibly with a round in between if there are any other issues.
Synn

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2006 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Will never happen. Ranked has that whole 1 in 10 games rule about playing the same team. Faction does not. Just make a new team in ranked.

Peace,
__Synn
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2006 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I'd like to see ranked, faction, and ladder divisions merge together...taking the best aspects of each.

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2006 - 02:24 Reply with quote Back to top

You dont think a limit on playing against the same team once every 2 weeks is close enough to the 1 in 10 games rule to have the same effect?