31 coaches online • Server time: 01:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Smess

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2006 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I still think Bbow had a lot to do with my change in playing style. How else do you explain that I suddenly got better at a game I hadn't played for years? And my more defensive approach definatly stems from playing Bbowl, defense definatly is my strongest aspect there.
And yes opponents are definatly as good as before, a lot better even I'd say. Have been looking into some openings indeed, because I felt that was my weakest point. With black, I realy like the defense where you start by moving your king pawn just one square up (if white opens with king pawn two squares). With white, I like opening with queen pawn two squares, and if the opponent does the same, sacrifice your pawn left to the opening one by moving that one up two squares (opponent can strike it, but can never defend the pawn with which he struck, so you actually don't lose a piece).
Furious_George

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2006 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Chess Ettiquette>(im sure thats the symbol for better than Smile )BBowl Ettiquette
In Chess if you lose your queen its a case of damn... oh well, next time(gadget!)
In BBowl if your 280 spp idiot goes and dies on a GFI and your apoth fails, all of a sudden your mad enough to invade poland

The two dont compare well, but they both have an element which nessecitates tactical thinking and positional awareness, and yes, ove entered tournaments at both, and i suck at both Smile

"Hugh Mann eh? Now theres a name I can trust!"
Me Loves Futurama
Webbe

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2006 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, chess doesn't have permanent injuries. If it did I bet the chessmasters would be angry as hell when they lost a skilled queen.
qk

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2006 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Chess doesn't have fumbles either. Chessmasters do go mad everytime they lose a pawn to their own foolishness... no dice to blame!

And by the way, chessmasters practice the Fine Art of Stalling Very Happy
 Jump to: