19 coaches online • Server time: 08:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Calvin

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2004 - 02:41 Reply with quote Back to top

This started out as a great idea for a league but its getting to out of hand now i think so im going to with draw and join someother non bashing league.. Your trying to tweak the rules to much. This will be very unbalanced the top teams will be gobbos and halflings, cause they will be only teams that can start with at least 2 BG's... thats totally over the limit to me, sorry but im gonna bolt. I hope you all have fun...
Cyco

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2004 - 08:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Im sorry that Calvin left us. But I wounder if he ever thought about the Mummys in the undead team. Or if he noticed that we only have one goblin team in the league and no halflings. What are the chances to meet the goblin team? 1-31 (if we reach 32 teams that Im hoping for.) Of course one of us will, but personally Im more afraid of the Undead team. (And I dont like the necro-wolves, but dont tell anyone.)

Calvin also was the only player who had a BG in his team to start with, except for the goblin team.

Anyone else agree with Calvin?

(I dont like it that you left us Calvin. You could have told me before you left. But if thats the way you feel. I wish you all the best and hope you dont run into any Goblins of Halflings in the open leagues. No hard feelings.)

-CycoD

Last edited by Cyco on %b %13, %2004 - %09:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
pabloex

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2004 - 08:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it is important to keep in mind that Strength has no bearing on determining injuries. Strength is simply a factor for determining how many dice you roll for a block. Once a player is knocked over, the armor roll is made and it is the same roll whether the player is Str 2 or Str 6. Eliminating the 'bash' comes by reducing or eliminating fouling and by focusing on skills that add to the armor rolls (Claw, Mighty Blow, etc).

I say keep it simple. The fewer the rules you have the less likely they are to be broken. Make the rules that you do have be ones that are significant and enhance the game play. Remember, you can always tweak them and change them after the first season is complete.
Cyco

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2004 - 09:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
I say keep it simple. The fewer the rules you have the less likely they are to be broken. Make the rules that you do have be ones that are significant and enhance the game play. Remember, you can always tweak them and change them after the first season is complete.

That is so true pabloex. I shall keep that in mind.

-CycoD
parralhu

Post 13 Posted: Jan 13, 2004 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Crying or Very sad In sadness i have to leave the league before it start due to attending a course held in Ireland. Obviously I'm going to be far away from my computer, I'm not sure at all if I'll be able to play Java Bowl along the next month and I don't want to cause any problem to the league due to my incapability to play.

But remeber, the Fur Menace is there and in a near future they will back and challenge whichever team you want.Mr. Green
grep-v

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2004 - 00:46 Reply with quote Back to top

CycoD wrote:
Anyone else agree with Calvin?

YEAH ! That's what I ALWAYS say: Halflings are for cheesy powergaming munchkins! Those Halflings rule ALL other teams with their mighty skills. I once encountered Halflings with two pass-blocking, shadowing Treemen who fouled on each turn! They tore my Dwarves apart, since none of my players could dodge. And the Treemen were chasing my runners around and fouled them to death!
BAN HALFLINGS FROM BLOODBOWL !
NOW !

PS: (just in case...: Laughing Laughing Laughing )
Cyco

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2004 - 08:01 Reply with quote Back to top

The site is back. Lets keep our fingers crossed. We are few days delayed due to this, but I hope that everyone is eager to play and that we will be back on schedual by the end of next week. So if you dont get to play your match this week, do it as soon as possible. Contact your opponent.

Good luck to you all and have fun.

-CycoD

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2004 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Im sorry to say; fudge_it have been kicked from the league, due to fouling. He might come back as a reserve coach, he is kicked but not banned. the_grey_ghost's Wet and funky - lizzards will replace him. fudge_it's game where never uploaded. We have sorted it out, there is no hard feelings against him.

I will remind everybody that fouling is NOT allowed. And this is just a qualifying tournament. The real game begins after the quallifying round.

Good luck and have fun.

-CycoD

Post 21 Posted: Jan 27, 2004 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

<B>News!</B>
From now on, any coach who doesnt show up for more then 7d, will have to leave the league. I want coaches who are here to play.

That means if you dont log into the fumbbl site for more then 7d, your out ot the league. If the site is down, this rule is not valid. And if you are going away on a hollyday or have some other good excuse and tell me before you go, this rule is not valid.
Cyco

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2004 - 09:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Here you find the Poll.

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=2004