27 coaches online • Server time: 09:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Flix

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2004 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Admins of National Leagues in Europe

i talked with some admins of National Leagues
and there is a interesst to make a Champions League
i wanna discuss the idea here

there are 2 posiblities in my mind :

each national league sent there best coaches into CL

1. they make new B-Teams of there national team and we run CL at same time like the national season.

2. idea : we syncronize all Leagues
- national Season (2 month)
- national Cup and international CL at same time (2-4 weeks)
(CL players dont play national cup too . cause you cant play 2 turnys at same time)

the scuddle of CL will be 32 Teams in groups of 4 teams after that 16 team playoffs. same like it is used in rl CL .

me can will make national pionts for each country how many teams will qualify to CL

CL : http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=921

please tell me the leagues i forgot in my list i will add them
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2004 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

don't try to sync the leagues.. won't work.. there is enough trouble with all the dependencies in dbl.. don't increase this...

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2004 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

It is a very interesting and appealing idea - I can see some troubles with it though:

To syncronize the leagues is a practical impossibility. Since there are enough problems getting 30+ coaches getting their game through each week - the schedules tend to suffer from lag from time to time - getting 5+ leagues to end at roughly the same time would be extremely hard. Also, what of the coaches not participating in CL? What are they to do in the meantime?

The B-teams idea is better but... if we want the best team(s) to enter the CL there will be trouble for CL season 2. The participants of season 1 will have virtually no chance of being a participant of season 2 since they attend the national league with a B-team. And if the B-team is the CL participant it is hardly the best teams that battle it out on a larger scale (rather the coaches), also there will be problems with the 2nd season where some teams will have experience and some won't.

If we can solve the problems and create a well working CL, we of Svenska Ligan definately will want to participate.

Mordachai
administrator Svenska Ligan

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2004 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Ya syncronizeing would be difficult.

i got another idea . it is posible to play any game of your choice. when you are on two turnys you cant upload , but what about playing without uploading ?
only playing to win. not for SSP
Twahn

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2004 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Flix,

Mordachai and myself are having what I believe is the first National League Crossover Match at GMT 10am tomorrow (today?). The Champion of the Southern Waste (Aussie) League is set to battle with the the Champion of the Svenska Ligan.
We've managed this purely because our two great leagues have finished their regular season at roughly the same time.

I was myself thinking of a Champions League style cup, and here's the method that I think is best suited for making it happen...

FUMBBL will not allow a match to be uploaded for a team that is in multiple tournaments but this can be circumvented by temporarily removing said team from one of the tournaments prior to the upload using the 'Replace Team' function.
If the National leagues and the Champions League each contained a 'caretaker' team, this team could then be substituted with the National Champion in the National League when a Champions League game needs to be uploaded, and a similar Champions League 'caretaker' team would then substitute in for the National Champion to enable that team's National League games to be uploaded.
I hope you can understand my convoluted suggestion...

Twahn
Administrator Southern Waste League

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
Flix

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2004 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

but you can play the game and make a own Table to see results and dont upload
Chickenbrain

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2004 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah. Playing without uploading is a pain in the ass. Wink I won't try to play such games. Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2004 - 00:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Why don't we make ALL national leagues into one tournament...

Would be a humungus pain in the arse but if multiple admins/commish's can be set up, each commish can look after their own tournament...

Champions would be promoted to the Champions League Division in the same tournament page,....

This would mean though that a defending Champion from a National League would lose the right to defend their national crown... this is a big downside, but maybe there is a way around that...
Twahn

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2004 - 03:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a way to run the Champion's League simultaneously to all the National Comps without a great deal of interruption.

I've created a Group, the Champion's League, which I will need all National League Administrators (who wish to take part) to apply for membership to with a new (T) team simply called "{Your League} Champions".
This team will never actually play but will merely maintain the coherency of the group without having to have the actual Champions partaking of the tournament (meaning that they can still play in their National Tournament as usual).

This Champion's League does not rely on syncronising the National Leagues or anything like that. The only thing that will prohibit games somewhat within it is that participating teams should set specific times to play their Champions League matches so that the rosters can be temporarily fiddled with to allow uploads to go through, and then reset once the game is played.

If any National League coach who is interested could apply with a team like the abovementioned (you'll lose one of your 10 (T) team slots, only drawback), I can get a handle on the numbers and will provide more exact details as to how it works.
We can all decide together when the League should be run, how often, and in what format once we see what sort of interest we have! Smile

What you think? Flix? Mordachai? Anyone else?

Twahn

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2004 - 03:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Flix, sorry didn't see that you had your own group set up... were you thinking of only European Leagues?

Jump to: