70 coaches online • Server time: 20:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Cris

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2007 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Its not exactly news that UI is a tournament made by elf-coaches
for elf-coaches.. Many of the people with leading roles in
tournament management are elf-coaches.. so to expect any
kind of change would be silly.

But to me it seems the main issue is the naming of the divisons.

Last edited by Cris on %b %16, %2007 - %12:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2007 - 11:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I have enough faith in the Staff not to take for granted that they will just intentionally make it easier to win Majors for their own teams.

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2007 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
I have enough faith in the Staff not to take for granted that they will just intentionally make it easier to win Majors for their own teams.

Amen.

Most of the admin staff don't even participate, so the suggestion is absolutely rediculous.

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2007 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:

Totally agree.

The way the 4 majors are set up at the moment - they are geared towards the idea of the 'best of the best' succeeding. And like it or not, at the highest TR, more often than not, Elves will succeed. Moving Dorfs to light and Darkies to dark most likely won't change that. The Dorfs won't last 2 games v Elves, and the Darkies will find a way to sneak past the bashers (in general).

Majors are great for the buzz and excitement they create - although they do favour high tr elfballing sides. Maybe a bit of variety and skewing one toward favoring other sides would be nice (the suggestions of installing a TR cap or having a straight 128 or 256 team ko would shift the balance a bit), but there isn't a great deal else wrong with the system as it stands as I see it. It all depends on what kind of coach you are as to how seriously you take the major tourneys - even though winning a tough, closed [L] league isn't as recognized site wide - winning the SWL or the Swedish league or whatever probably takes a similar amount of skill, I would think. The cool thing about the majors is the front-page coverage, and the huge amount of interest generated every time a game is played. And that's why winning one is great - whatever you think of the current system, and the kind of team it favours.
pac

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2007 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Cris wrote:
Its not exactly news that UI is a tournament made by elf-coaches
for elf-coaches.. Many of the people with leading roles in
tournament management are elf-coaches.. so to expect any
kind of change would be silly.

If you mean Malthor, say Malthor. Rolling Eyes There's really no need to pussyfoot around with this 'people with leading roles in tournament management' business. He can take criticism.

That having been established, Malthor did not write the rules of the UI. And every vague and poorly thought-out accusation of corruption you make reduces the chance that anyone with the power to change anything will engage in a dialogue on the subject.

Jump to: