58 coaches online • Server time: 20:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
skeletor

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2007 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi.

I don´t write much in forum because my english suks, but try if you can read it anyway : )

We have four major tournaments, and for mee the all look much same same, only driffernce is the price ( ok, Ulthuan Invitational is a littel diffrent). I have a few propsals.

1. Make a nonprogression tournament, or make the fumbblcup nonprogression. In that way you will see many more teams apply, cause many don´t wanna put up ther team against alle that claw/RCS, dp, Khemri stuff. The biggest advantage will bet that you will see teams play too the fullest, many don´t wanna give spp too ther st5/ag5/mb WD. There is mor ways too make nonprogression, i think its best too backup the roster befor the tournament, in that way you still have your mng´s and dead during the tournament, otherwise you don´t have too be carefull at all.

2. Make a tournament like world championship New teams, maby given 2 skills, in that way we can find the best/luckiest Coach on fumbbl.

I think its better too make diffrent tournaments then just more. Ass it is now we cout right ass well have fumbblcup 3 times a year, and the Ulthuan Invitational.

Skeletor
Korkrest

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2007 - 12:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I give it an A+ on english and an A+ on his argument.
I agree completely
DeMoorck

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2007 - 12:42 Reply with quote Back to top

bravo, bravo

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2007 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the Majors but I do not like the meta-game aspect of it. In most Majors, you can play as many games as time allows after qualification but before the tournament. This means that teams that find games more easily can build up a big advantage in terms of spp and cash, compared to teams that don't find games as easily. The point of playing games between the qualifier and tournament seems to be recovery for most teams, and cash buildup for some. This can be done on a more level field, in my opinion.

What I would like to suggest, is to disallow games between the qualifier and the tournament, and change the prize for winning a qualifier to this: +1FF, +50k, reset all mng players.

Perhaps this could be implemented for the Lustrian Challenge... Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2007 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

A 110, min FF, pick 1 skill per round would be really cool.

The main reason being that everyone could have a go and feel part of it.

A+? As has only one s. We can let the rest go but that is distracting Smile

Edit:

I can't see why we added a fifth Major when what was requested in the petition was a tournament with a TR limit.

Last edited by koadah on %b %14, %2007 - %13:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Markusen

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2007 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

torsoboy wrote:
What I would like to suggest, is to disallow games between the qualifier and the tournament, and change the prize for winning a qualifier to this: +1FF, +50k, reset all mng players.

Interesting point...
I'm also not a big fan of playing games between qualifiers and major round.
Malthor

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2007 - 13:10 Reply with quote Back to top

There are in fact, five Majors. The fifth was announced earlier this year and the rules/details will be released soon.

Re differences, the GLT is very different this year with a Gobbo with Chainsaw, Pogo or Ball and Chain freebooting for those in the main round.

Some changes to the FUMBBL Cup this year have also been mentioned by the admin team in IRC.

We are aware that not everyone likes the structure of the Majors as they are now, but it is also true that there will be some unhappy coaches no matter what we do - we just can't please everybody. That being said, there are some changes this year that will be revealed later, and the admin team and I are also working on alternate tournaments for Ranked.

still disliked all round!
skeletor

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2007 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I know it´s impossibil too satisfie all, but why not have diffrent kinds of tournaments?

Looking forward too see what you come up whit : )

Skeletor
Panda_

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2007 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

This is also impossible if there is not matchs between the finals and the qualifier.

I will also add, that changing the advances to no progression is not good. There is a drawback on beeing low on AR. Don't misunderstand me, i'm playing skaven (and i don't often take or keep claw that long). If you are afraid to face some claw, then your team doesn't deserve to be high in TR (were you heavy medium or agile).

Elfs already have the advantage during the actuals tournies, and if you protect their players. Nothing will stop them. We also need to see those cas machine player crippled.

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2007 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I don´t say "change it all too nonprogression" just "change one of them too nonprogeression"
 Jump to: