39 coaches online • Server time: 00:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Pie or no pie?
Pie
56%
 56%  [ 25 ]
No pie
43%
 43%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 44

Cribbleobblepie

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2007 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

If we (Super Rats 2nd XI) make it as far as you say I'd be chuffed, but AV7 means it's never that likely we'll have a full team left by the final! Thanks for the preview though, enjoyed it! The only thing that concerned me about Markusen is his recent blog entry. Does it mean he'll be unable to complete his game by the deadline of this Friday, as that would throw our bracket very open...?

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=blog&coach=18831

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2007 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Cribbleobblepie wrote:
If we (Super Rats 2nd XI) make it as far as you say I'd be chuffed, but AV7 means it's never that likely we'll have a full team left by the final! Thanks for the preview though, enjoyed it! The only thing that concerned me about Markusen is his recent blog entry. Does it mean he'll be unable to complete his game by the deadline of this Friday, as that would throw our bracket very open...?

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=blog&coach=18831

erm. i try to check this ....
well seems you were right and he wont be able to play, but hopefully he will find a pc to play his game(s)...
xcver

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2007 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Brad wrote:
Qualifier 2
The Elfless Qualifiers

Perhaps one of the most brutal on qualifying teams, 2x Cdwarves, Norse, 3x Humans, and 2x Chaos - Including the daunting LRB5 Takes us.

Round 1

Krozz Shozz Mrkzzxz vs Kings of Norway
Handicaps anyone? Norway's Kings, although close to 60 points up in TR will be praying for kind handicap rolls, with 2 niggles, 1 MNG - and facing some hard hitting CDwarves in KSM - they will be needing all the depth on the field they can muster. With no DP for counter protection, and only AV7 Norway will need to balance numbers against scoring pressure, else KSM may stall their way to a classic 2-1 win to KSM against the odds. OT will certainly go to KZM if they can make it that far.

I'll tune in on that as the Coach of Krozz Shozz Mrkzzxz. Handicaps were OK but not brutal. Drugs for a ST5 bull centaur and Knucledusters for the other with Doom & Gloom rounding it up. Kings of Norway won the coin-toss. KoN had a critical snake-eyes on a GFI early on which was compensated by the immediate snake eyes from me. Nevertheless KSM stole the ball and protected it until the turn 8 score doing no injury in between (aside from self-BH on a Dwarf that is). Second half a failed pickup brought lots of pressure and the ball was somewhere close to the dwarven endzone but couldn't be picked up by neither team. The struggle continued and ended at sometime with the ST5 Bull holding the ball, he then calmly marched it through for the turn 16 2:0. Turn 15 also marked the first!!! Cas for the dwarves who only managed to do 1 cas and 2 KO's the whole game......as for the next round I also fear that it will be LRB5 takes us (or a completely battered human team Smile which should devastate my team in short order.

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2007 - 09:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Alibaba wrote:
Alibabas 1st Pick ever: Qualifier V

1st Game is Woodburns E.L.F coached by Falcone vs Tekodas Insert Random Dark Evil Name

Woodlefs look like they are in fine shape when DE teams looks like its not ready for the game. De has money for the wizard but will that save em, dont think so.
Woodburns E.L.F vs Insert Random Dark Evil Name 3-1

2nd game is Hammer House coached by Qaz vs Melmoths Bandola Rahta

This will be intresting game there is some awesome player in the dwarf team, too bad I dont think they can win this one, DE will run over dwarfs and wizard will most likely help em to do that. Sad to say other elf team to the 2nd round.

Hammer House vs Bandola Rahta 1-3

3rd game was played allready

4th game is H0rnsw0gglers coached by Gritter vs Confuse Us coached by halivaraith

I have some personal issues with H0rnsw0gglers, they smashed my chaos badly last time we played, but still I think they will make the game against ogres. Orcs are in great shape only 1 niggler there, ogres have plenty of niggles and I think that will cost game to em.

H0rnsw0gglers vs Confuse Us 3-2 after OT for the orcs

To the LC will be going either Words or Bandola Rahta

Sad but I would bet my money on Bandola Rahta

So far, I have picked right winners, but results have been wrong. Its all up to you Melmoth.
Alibaba

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2007 - 09:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Brad wrote:
[size=18]Qualifier 2

Round 2
LRB5 v KSM
Another steamrolling from LRB5 on the cards if the matchups go as planned. LRB5 should be able to pass its first round without serious injury, bringing their full strength to bear on KSM, although handicaps could prove a fly in the ointment. Real eyes will be on how much damage KSM can do if any other teams are to have a chance. 2-1 LRB5

I am suprised that it didnt go like you picked it. But it will be intresting to see how KSM will do in qualifier final.
p4m

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2007 - 09:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Alibaba wrote:

So far, I have picked right winners, but results have been wrong. Its all up to you Melmoth.

Yeah GL melmoth and bring glory for the dark elvish house...

Alibaba wrote:

I am suprised that it didnt go like you picked it. But it will be intresting to see how KSM will do in qualifier final.

i guess it didnt worked like it was planned - no seriuos casulties taken by the CDorfs allhough there were lots of possiblities to do. lots of Pushbacks - just saw the replay =( and so on ' n on 'n on...
but in the end i like to see an other than LRB5 in the final - cos there are more than one multidevasting chaos team in the final =)
xcver

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2007 - 10:04 Reply with quote Back to top

p4m wrote:
Alibaba wrote:

Yeah GL melmoth and bring glory for the dark elvish house...

Alibaba wrote:

i guess it didnt worked like it was planned - no seriuos casulties taken by the CDorfs allhough there were lots of possiblities to do. lots of Pushbacks - just saw the replay =( and so on ' n on 'n on...
but in the end i like to see an other than LRB5 in the final - cos there are more than one multidevasting chaos team in the final =)

Yeah I was lucky that LRB5 was wearing the fluffy gloves and had a container full of pushes and the ref was on my side Smile Although one could banter that the handicaps were not that brilliant too...bad press, doom&gloom, palmed coin, extra training and I'm the greatest (which was the best followed by palmed coin methinks).

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2007 - 10:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I must agree that those were crappy handicaps. Could be so much better ones.
KFoged

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2007 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Crappy? Not really...

Bad press - Before it was a sure GTR to LRB5
Doom & Gloom - I'm sure Jesp very mush had liked to have all hes RRs in first half.
Palme Coin - You get to hit first Wink
Extra Training - Not that great...
I'm The Greatest - Always a pain for a Legend team.

Could be better, but crappy no way!

KFoged

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2007 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

kfoged wrote:
Crappy? Not really...

Bad press - Before it was a sure GTR to LRB5
Doom & Gloom - I'm sure Jesp very mush had liked to have all hes RRs in first half.
Palme Coin - You get to hit first Wink
Extra Training - Not that great...
I'm The Greatest - Always a pain for a Legend team.

Could be better, but crappy no way!

KFoged

Bad press was only theoretically good as it didnt help.
Doom & Gloom presented 2 reroll-less turns so it had some uses
Palmed Coin was good
Extra Training was unneeded
I'm the greatest was good.

Well we all hope for a Morleys(3) Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2007 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

and drugs and iron man and it wasnt me and and and =)
OldBugman

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2007 - 02:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Go Clockwork Green..

I believe the first stunty team to ever get past the first round of a major.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1804601
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2007 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Great Work Bugman go for the main draw;-)
p4m

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2007 - 03:24 Reply with quote Back to top

congratz OldBugman, i will bet my money for you =)
PeteW

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2007 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Alibaba wrote:
Qualifiers have started. Lets talk about it. Who will make it throught to the final tournament.

Here is the 1st thoughst after groups were done.

Group 1: Borgen
Group 2: Jesperius
Group 3: malitrius
Group 4: purplegoo or pizzamogul
Group 5: falcone or melmoth
Group 6 : JackDaniels
Group 7: Jokaero
Group 8: Oventa
Group 9: Yo
Group 10: Optihut
Group 11: Ele
Group 12: Soren72
Group 13: Malthor
Group 14: dalibor
Group 15: skeloboy
Group 16: Lewdgrip

Ps. Not mine

Hahahaha. These were my pics! And how many did I get right? TWO! \o/

And one of those pics was Lewdgrip, for which I was very unjustly pilloried may I add. Go Lewdie all the way!