53 coaches online • Server time: 19:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
xcver

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2008 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

mhhh some of the nasty teams enter smacks because they wouldn't get games otherwise so I don't know if that would hurt them too much (i.e. Eaters, Judgement and so on). But the fragile ones would enter it and would have a descent chance to get beaten to pulp just to enter the tournament.

AFK_Eagle wrote:
...Are we seeing a trend here? Where are all the elves, the humans/norse/zons, the other rats?

There was indeed a trend in the FC for the longer lasting teams. Just a natural Choice regarding the number of rounds there. As I see it there are more player teams in the WO and even more that are strong enough to survive those 4 rounds alive enough to be a threat in the final round.

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2008 - 04:09 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
how many coaches here do you really think care about where they're seeded?

i've played in a boatload of tourneys, and never once have i cared about how i'm seeded...granted i've been bummed about a bad draw, but that happens to everyone, and the potential for a bad draw is just as possible with modified seeding...

--j

Consider if you fill in from the top with points from tournaments, then fill in the rest by TR in descending order. The team with the most success would start by facing lower TR teams that don't have much success. That's probably as good of a seeding system as you could get considering the format of the league.
nin

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2008 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

similar thread by Flix
just in case
the topick is the same, and there were more oppinions
Edit: and my own oppinion remains the same, FC should remain oppen to all coaches, but one of the majors, the GLT, could make use of this idea.
 Jump to: