13 coaches online • Server time: 06:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sowak

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2008 - 07:30 Reply with quote Back to top

that knows how to play? Name? Link? Thank you very much.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2008 - 09:28 Reply with quote Back to top

FUMBBL SMACK.

It`s quick, it`s easy and it`s siutable of all classes of teams strenght wise through the categories. Plus there is starting one quite frequently and the more coaches trying to get one started, the more often it happens.

Grouppage:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=1609
pac

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2008 - 10:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Where are you from?

A lot of [L] tournaments are time-zone-based.
Qaz

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2008 - 10:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Just remember that expirenced coaches are in every turnement trying to win. So might be hard to win for a beginner. That said Smacks are a lot of fun and they are instant so they are pretty quick played. Another good alternative for a turnement is the Rooky royal rumble only for rooky teams.

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
Habeli

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2008 - 10:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Grudge League has some newcomers already, so you would fit in nicely.
Training grounds are good for getting a few games under your belt before entering tournaments. This means you aren't forced to enter the tournaments before you think you and your team are ready.

I suggest you have a look.

forgot to mention, this one is for [L]eague teams and most of the coaches are european.

edit: spelling

Last edited by Habeli on %b %14, %2008 - %10:%Feb; edited 2 times in total
Optihut

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2008 - 10:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Beginner or not - I have the most fun playing the majors and the XFL.
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2008 - 10:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I am biased of course but check out the Rookie Cup at the 145 Club.

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2008 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I recently began playing smacks and can´t say I regret it. Actually, I regret not having begun playing them earlier. Beware though of
*the level of competitivness (just got out of bed and don't have the head to figure out how you spell that) which is higher than in ranked in general.
*the fact that most teams that enter are quite bashy (so take care what team you bring, at least if you are not too experienced).
*"prepared" teams - a lot of teams that enter the smack have maximum TR allowed (in other words.
In other words - dont bring your 101TR woodies to a smack with 7 125TR dwarfs Smile
All that said, I think one of the best thing about is you don´t have to worry about being cherrypicked or being a cherrypicker. You get your opponent. You win, you get another one. And smacks, unlike bigger tournaments, or leagues, start daily, and most of the time you get (if you win) two (even three games sometimes) in a row.
This said, I am also a big fan of Speed freaks challenge (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=4966) - were you play four games in a row - but with one min turn limits. Quite an adrenaline rush - with loads of mistakes (at least when i play). A lot of fun.
clarkin

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2008 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Play in them all! The opposition can sometimes be tough but you'll learn fast and they are a lot of fun.

There's SMACKs (8 player instant-start knockout tournaments) starting all the time when there's enough interest in the IRC channel #fumbblminors. There's also scheduled SMACKs which start every wednesday when there are 8 teams, you can apply with your team from the group page.
Both of these are segregated by TR bands:
TR: 0-100, 101-125, 126-150, 151-175, 176-200, 201+
So you won't ever be facing a team ludicrously stronger than yours.

Mentioned before, the Royal Rookie Rumble starts every week or two and is a 16 player knock-out tournament where every team is brand new (no games played) at the start of the tournament. I enter most of my new teams and may yet win one some day!

Then there's the new FUMBBL Minors which features bonus money every round you advance. There's a new one starting every month for a specific TR band (see the schedule on that page).

And my favorite new minor is the FUMBBL Tour starting every two months for teams of max TR 150 and with a league table of coach points for placing well.

And this isn't even mentioning the majors!
Ludovicious

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2008 - 11:10 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group

happy reading... Very Happy
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2008 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

good way to learn
 Jump to: