36 coaches online • Server time: 14:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2008 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
Cloggy wrote:
I WANT to sit this one out. And all others until the Birthday Super teams are gone from the picture.

Same, but I think it's going to take a few Majors to reduce some of those teams to a sensible level.

Yup, if it happens at all. The Competitve Eaters and Extraordinary Brotherhood really only run a risk of being cut down if they have to play eachother.

The (IMO) overpowered prizes and the birthday have kinda ruined the majors-buzz for me.

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2008 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm still annoyed that the eaters effectively tried to dodge all the birthday teams....

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2008 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Enlighten me.. what do you mean by 'birthday teams'??

As far as I know (I wasn`t around at that point) teams playing on the FUMBBL birthday just didn`t get injured in any way. What am I missing here?
malitrius

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2008 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

They did not age either.
pac

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2008 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
As far as I know (I wasn`t around at that point) teams playing on the FUMBBL birthday just didn`t get injured in any way. What am I missing here?

The number of games some teams played on the birthday in the knowledge of this.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2008 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe a simple add-on for the tourneys would be that teams would have to play at least twice (or even thrice??) the number of games they played during the birthday before applying for a major.
So if you have played 5 games on fumbbl birthday, then you need 5 more 'normal' games for the Warpstone Open, 10 for the UI, 15 for the GLT, 20 for the FUMBBL Cup and 25 for the Lustrian Challenge. Next year you have another birthday and the cycle continues. That prevents teams from preping up during birthday and then staying in this awesome form until the next major they chose to join.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2008 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
Enlighten me.. what do you mean by 'birthday teams'??

No injuries + No ageing = tons of games without any kind of risk. Only more money and more spps. Some teams managed to play 10-20 games on that single day, getting to sky-high TRs with uninjured megastars.

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2008 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
So if you have played 5 games on fumbbl birthday, then you need 5 more 'normal' games for the Warpstone Open, 10 for the UI, 15 for the GLT, 20 for the FUMBBL Cup and 25 for the Lustrian Challenge.

This would be neat.

CircularLogic wrote:
Next year you have another birthday and the cycle continues.

I strongly think (and hope) that this birthday was special because it was the fifth and because we were struggling to reach the million mark. I would strongly oppose the choice of another no injuries + no age event.

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2008 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

So I made the cut... Does anybody know when the pairings are made?
Forrest_Gump

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2008 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

45 mins i think...

Try out Tilean Triad Trialsfor some fun threesome action!

Gary_Gygax

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2008 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Me vs Flix at 23.00 fumbbl time tonigth Very Happy
Meech

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2008 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
Maybe a simple add-on for the tourneys would be that teams would have to play at least twice (or even thrice??) the number of games they played during the birthday before applying for a major.
So if you have played 5 games on fumbbl birthday, then you need 5 more 'normal' games for the Warpstone Open, 10 for the UI, 15 for the GLT, 20 for the FUMBBL Cup and 25 for the Lustrian Challenge. Next year you have another birthday and the cycle continues. That prevents teams from preping up during birthday and then staying in this awesome form until the next major they chose to join.

Good idea except people would freeze out (Boese Boese) some of the birthday teams from playing while still playing the less bashy birthday teams.

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2008 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't been following the UI closely, have any of the birthday teams been mangled yet?
 Jump to: