47 coaches online • Server time: 23:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2004 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes but he cannot proove he didn't. I think admins thinks about it a lot before deleting a team.
Mully

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2004 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

True but where there is smoker there is fire and if enough coaches complain to the admins about this type of action then eventually they will take action

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2004 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

arktoris wrote:
Sorry, but the LRB doesn't agree with you BadMrMojo. First sentences on fouling:

"Attacking players that have been knocked over is, of
course, strictly against the rules. However, despite the
large number of ways in which a player can attack
another legally, many resort to the time-honoured
tradition of kicking a man when he’s down."

First sentence states it is against the rules, second indirectly calls it illegal...neither designated as a "roleplaying sense". Perhaps this is why so many coaches refuse to play others w/ dp or fouling history.

Flavor text should never be used as an example of the rules.

There are 2 games of BB. The one that we sit around moving miniatures(or icons) and rolling dice for and the one where orcs and elves and various other races run around hurting each other.
The flavor text and descriptions in the LRB are written in (what I like to reffer to as) the 'announcer voice'. It is color commentary from inside the world off BB. Then the rules are stated after that. All you quoted was the color commentary.
If you had kept reading.. " Normally, players that are prone cannot be attacked. However, when you use this rule, one player per team
turn is allowed to take a Foul action. ..."

To me that sounds pretty clear, it legal for us as coaches (real peaple) to have our players (the little miniatures/icons) to commit fouls, but in the fantasy world that the game takes place in it is against the rules of the sport and can get a player ejected.

my 2 cents
 Jump to: