15 coaches online • Server time: 01:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rednight

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2004 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

My two minotaurs in my stunty team are both well experienced ( both 126sp+pro,tentacles), now fail do be usefull at all. U cant blitz with them, or leaving them on the line allows them to be outbashed by secret weapons or multiple big guys. They still cause cas but its stunty ( hardly as many as before the rules review). My next stunty team wont be Cflings but evan if they were i would be picking trolls.
teflon

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2004 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I still haven't got a chance to try it out, but you could at least try to blitz with your WA if he can move next to someone else right after it's block, no? At least giving you a sure way to use it effectively when you get the chance to.
parralhu

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2004 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

In my opinion, the real problem is that when the first rules for Big Guys appeared in the Blood Bowl companion for 3ยบ edition rules, you were able to remove those BAD abilities of your guys with a double, today no. If they allow again to remove it with a double, probably all this stuff would be no so problematic, not only for WA, also for BH, RS or TR.
slackman

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2004 - 04:08 Reply with quote Back to top

i think you guys are missing the point. ALL big guys are intended to be an option, not a necessity. this is most definitely a step in that direction. now if only we could get rid of some of the ogres. oh wait, we did... Laughing
jokklas

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2004 - 09:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm.. then why did they introduce a team with potentially 12 ogres?
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2004 - 09:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Because ogre figs are $20 each

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2004 - 12:35 Reply with quote Back to top

hehehe. True True...
For my two cents, they had to do something to minimise the usefulness of a well developed WA. A three hundred spp treeman is still absent 1/4 of the time. An excellent ogre still just dribbles on himself 1 in 6 drives. But a remotley developed wild animal, say block and pro, is almost never a liability and i think this goes against the spirit of big guys. (like the spirit of christmas but more likely to crush your skull and feed the ensuing grey goo to the nearest goblin)

That said i think maybe mino's have been nerfed too hard, but balance is a tricky thing no?

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2004 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

What bugs me is that the Rat Ogres Speed and Agility is totally wasted but that I still have to pay for them.

A remotely developed wild animal is never a liability? How so? As soon as no enemy is adjactent he just stands there 50% of the time and roars. And when he gets knocked over he can stay there roaring like a baby for several turns, pathetic! Why would a wild animal stay down? One thing if you can't make him do exactly what you want (move/blitz) but simply standing up should be some kinda survival instinct Smile
Mezir

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2004 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

He meant the old WA made a remotely developed WA never a liability - and I agree.

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2004 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I disagree, pro only improved reliability, against a team with alot of gaurd WA was always a possible liability (and not just negligably). With a st+ WA's suddenly became alot more powerful but that can be said of any BG. If all BG's had Gen access removed and Pro became a skill again, put WA back the way it was then nearly all BG 'problems' are solved. If someone can come up with a better idea than negatraits (which is just a botch) then I'd go with that.
jokklas

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2004 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Mezir wrote:
He meant the old WA made a remotely developed WA never a liability - and I agree.

Ok, then I also agree. But the tentacle comment is still off. Getting a double now and then is no biggie with 11 players but getting it for a certain player can take ages :/
mattel_inc

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2004 - 10:02 Reply with quote Back to top

i got two td's with my RO and another with my Mino but the RO stood around screaming its head off half the time even though i used the blitz trick and the Minos was just pure luck. I agree the rules should be changed so it (this is just off the top of my head) just randomly decides itself what it wants to do that turn so it might just walk around or blitz or woteva.
LordSigmund

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2004 - 12:19 Reply with quote Back to top

wow, way to dig up a half-year old topic, an irrelevant one at that, since the WA rule has changed again since this topic started
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2004 - 12:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Exactly and the new WA rule is excellent anyway. Smile